Don't trust flying fish. Especially Karal.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Rob Pereyda's Article on Klonoa 20th Anniversary  (Read 3064 times)

Offline NaughtyRoach

• Windy Boi
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 8
  • Just chilling.
Rob Pereyda's Article on Klonoa 20th Anniversary
« on: December 12, 2017, 09:09:03 am »
Seems like Rob Pereyda, the producer of the upcoming Klonoa animated movie himself, wrote an article about Klonoa 20th Anniversary on Linkedin! :big_smile:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/happy-20th-anniversary-klonoa-rob-pereyda/

Quote from: Article by Rob Pereyda
Today marks the 20th anniversary of the Klonoa video game franchise!

Klonoa started in 1997 with Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (PSX). It follows a cat-like dream traveler named Klonoa. He is unique in that he goes into dreams and fixes problems, something many people who have their own problems can relate to.

While Klonoa himself might not have the kind of super speed or powers as other anthropomorphic heroes, he's got something that makes him all the more special: his friends. Together, there is nothing they can't accomplish. And that's why I find him such a compelling character!

I had the honor of working with Klonoa as a webcomic series when I was at BANDAI NAMCO back in Tokyo, and it was a truly fantastic experience. So when I started my own production company, Henshin, in 2014, it was only natural that I approached my former colleagues about making a movie.

Fast forward to last year, and we show off this guy (illustrated by my co-producer, writer, and character designer, Hitoshi Ariga) alongside our TIFFCOM film development announcement (as featured in Variety):

When we broke the Japanese internet the day the film development was announced, I knew we were onto something. People across the world, from Japan and beyond, are highly anticipating this film, and the entire Klonoa team and I are all right there with them.

Finally, on this day of the Klonoa 20th Anniversary, we're in a position to get to work on finance and distribution partnerships. Animation development is a long, long road, but being in the right position with the director, anime studio, script, and other talent that's just right is what will give this special series the special film it needs.

So, here's to the continued adventures of Klonoa and all his friends. Together, anything is possible!

Once again I'm here to wish Rob and his team in Henshin luck on getting the movie done nicely! ;)

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: Rob Pereyda's Article on Klonoa 20th Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 09:28:00 am »
Awwww yeah!!! :D I await a good Klonoa film  ;D

Offline Questklonoa

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • Tiger-kun
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 07:17:21 pm »
Yeeeaaa boii!!! :D

May we conquer the world with all the wahoos >:3c

Offline Hidden Sound Test

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 04:08:11 am »
This makes me happy.

Offline Painty

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 07:47:14 pm »
Wow, these guys love this series as much as... well, we do. I hope this does well, so that it'll be the first actually GOOD video game movie, and so that I won't continue to have this deep, empty pain inside my heart derived from missing something that has been long gone, never to return...  or at least until now, you know.

Offline HylianBran

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
  • Glover vs Klonoa Beach Volleyball: Dawn of Racism
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2020, 11:13:14 pm »
I'm crying reading this in late 2020.
Backloggd: https://www.backloggd.com/u/HylianBran/

crazy crazy graveyard theory
ghost tried to approach me
got leery

Offline Hahasamian

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
  • What's a personal text?
    • My Scratch Projects!
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2020, 05:00:33 am »
I'm crying reading this in late 2020.
I was about to post something super happy about this clearly recent piece of Klonoa movie news, but then... oh...
So sorry about that.
I hope everyone's doing well!
If I'm away and ya need to reach me for any reason, I'm usually more active on Discord: Ysor#0162

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2020, 06:02:47 pm »
I was about to post something super happy about this clearly recent piece of Klonoa movie news, but then... oh...
So sorry about that.
Yeah this thread is a bit old