Admins here are usually hiding in the shadows. We hate bright light.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: [Brainstorming] Klonoa Versus Event  (Read 8643 times)

Offline NebulaVista

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 14
  • Archivist Extraordinaire
Re: [Brainstorming] Klonoa Versus Event
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2014, 04:57:24 pm »
I also think maybe we should have multiple events so everyone has a chance to get into something at some point. Dunno, just spitballin' here.

I like the idea of multiple events, especially if this is going to last for a month.

Offline ThatGuy70 (Mikey)

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 13
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2014, 05:03:48 pm »
This sounds exciting. I mean like really exciting. Maybe it could be a short story contest starring Klonoa characters from either Phantomile or Lunatea, depending on which team we're on . Or anything we could do on the actual forums. Best not be a video game so everyone can participate.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2014, 01:35:01 am »
I'm a little disappointed you guys stopped. Keep it up! I know you guys have ideas of what we can do around here.

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2014, 01:54:50 am »
Well, we could always fine-tune S.Z.'s engine to allow for some kind of multi-player, or something...I dunno, just saying what comes to mind, I guess.

We could always have a writing contest, or maybe a drawing contest...but that'd alienate some who cant really draw well enough.

How about...a Klonoa impersonation contest? Everyone impersonates Klonoa, and battles to the death.

We could also all just try to speedrun the game, and each of us posts our best times. We'd all be playing the game simultaneously! And since it's so short, we could do one game in a day! That way, those who don't have one game can still participate another day, or something. Maybe...not have it limited like that. Just a one-week thing. That way, those who may be busy one day could still play on another, or something. Heck,, it could even be a charity event, or something along those lines.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2014, 07:48:32 am »
Do we really have enough active members to start an event?
How about something associated with social medias?
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline Akagitsune Yukimura

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Senpai will never notice you :)
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2014, 10:27:58 am »
We could also all just try to speedrun the game, and each of us posts our best times. We'd all be playing the game simultaneously! And since it's so short, we could do one game in a day! That way, those who don't have one game can still participate another day, or something. Maybe...not have it limited like that. Just a one-week thing. That way, those who may be busy one day could still play on another, or something. Heck,, it could even be a charity event, or something along those lines.

I don't think enough users would be able to do that. I've been doing speedruns for over 2 years now, and I found that some people are not very good at it, not to mention the amount of things that can go wrong (see the SGDQ and AGDQ marathons to see what I mean).

If we do go with speedrunning, one team may have an advantage.

Offline dummy

• Dumbness Incarnate
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 20
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2014, 11:38:53 am »
Do we really have enough active members to start an event?
How about something associated with social medias?
Remember, We had Moo Day. :moo:
So, it's 100% okay to start an event now.

• Hero in Training
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2014, 03:59:44 pm »

How about...a Klonoa impersonation contest? Everyone impersonates Klonoa, and battles to the death.

That's a good idea. But how about instead of just Klonoa, we act like a different Klonoa character for a whole day (or even longer!). For example, if you're in the Phantomile team, you impersonate a character from Door to Phantomile, like Balue or Joka. Oh, since there's two versions of Klonoa from each game, maybe only the two highest moderators could play as them (Or we could just make a raffle to see who gets to play as them.) Then, we just act our daily forum lives as those characters (okay, maybe not DAILY, but for a certain amount of days. You decide, I'm not the president!   :big_smile:) You still with me?

• Hero in Training
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2014, 08:24:28 pm »
Any more ideas?

Offline Akagitsune Yukimura

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Senpai will never notice you :)
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2014, 08:52:45 pm »
Maybe we can play multiplayer G-mod games like Prop-hunt, Trouble in Terrorist Town, or Murder.
Or any online multiplayer games like Minecraft, Mario Kart, etc.
If we do do this, we would definitely need to host Skype calls for the teams to communicate.