Klonoa Collective: Where our official ship is Joka x Janga.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Which Ending do you prefer?  (Read 3385 times)

Offline John_Moonie

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
  • Just an average Klonoa fan!
Which Ending do you prefer?
« on: August 30, 2016, 08:02:38 pm »
Heyo, fellow klonoa fans-

So I have now played both, and held back a dams worth of manly tears... but when looking back I've had a hard time deciding which one i like better...

It's important to consider things like: camera angles, voice acting, script (subtle differences).

My only gripe with the ps1 version is that the colour pallet in the original was grey/brownish to start of with but then transformed into brighter colours after klonoa's... disappearance cementing the bitter-sweet ending. but in the Wii everything is already colorful.

Just seems like a subtle mistake.

but i whanna know your guys opinions...  :unsure:

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: Which Ending do you prefer?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 08:19:41 pm »
I like the ps1 ending more. Partly because I felt like more emotion was conveyed in the cut scenes.

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 08:21:40 pm »
I like both versions of the ending all the same.
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline John_Moonie

• Wind
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 08:24:34 pm »
I like the ps1 ending more. Partly because I felt like more emotion was conveyed in the cut scenes.

:embarassed: surly your not just saying that because of nostalgia goggles. There's gotta be reason.

I mean, if it just nostalgia i understand...

Offline Questklonoa

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • Tiger-kun
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 08:35:25 pm »
I was only able to play the Wii version, with a very brief glimpse of the PS1 version after beating the Wiimake. I personally thing of the Wii version is better, as the voice acting is a bit more clearer, maybe even with the English version, but not by much. :bad_straight_face:

But because I played the Wii version only, unless the remake is basically the same as the original, I'll still say about unsure. :unsure:

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 09:04:18 pm »

:embarassed: surly your not just saying that because of nostalgia goggles. There's gotta be reason.

English va's oh no don't get me started on those. I much prefer it in phantomillian. Also the animations on the wii seemed a bit rigid to me. No it wasn't do in a CGI studio like ps1 DtP did but still neh not the same to me. Also I played Klonoa DtP ps1 and wii in the same year when I got back into the series in 2014

Offline John_Moonie

• Wind
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 09:28:44 pm »
English va's oh no don't get me started on those. I much prefer it in phantomillian. Also the animations on the wii seemed a bit rigid to me. No it wasn't do in a CGI studio like ps1 DtP did but still neh not the same to me. Also I played Klonoa DtP ps1 and wii in the same year when I got back into the series in 2014

I also played the wii version in phantomillian!  :big_smile:

Offline Artsy

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 12:52:06 am »

I don't think so. Honestly the original Door to Phantomile has more exaggerated expressions than any of the later 3D-modled games do and I feel like that caused PS1 DTP to be the most emotional Klonoa game.

Offline John_Moonie

• Wind
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2016, 06:30:56 am »
I don't think so. Honestly the original Door to Phantomile has more exaggerated expressions than any of the later 3D-modled games do and I feel like that caused PS1 DTP to be the most emotional Klonoa game.

:unsure: that's a pretty good point, the FMV in the original aloud for a greater emphasis on the 3D models.