No one knows what Rupurudu! really does. It is said he lives in the internet, eating code to keep the server running.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Which Ending do you prefer?  (Read 3442 times)

Offline John_Moonie

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
  • Just an average Klonoa fan!
Which Ending do you prefer?
« on: August 30, 2016, 08:02:38 pm »
Heyo, fellow klonoa fans-

So I have now played both, and held back a dams worth of manly tears... but when looking back I've had a hard time deciding which one i like better...

It's important to consider things like: camera angles, voice acting, script (subtle differences).

My only gripe with the ps1 version is that the colour pallet in the original was grey/brownish to start of with but then transformed into brighter colours after klonoa's... disappearance cementing the bitter-sweet ending. but in the Wii everything is already colorful.

Just seems like a subtle mistake.

but i whanna know your guys opinions...  :unsure:

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: Which Ending do you prefer?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 08:19:41 pm »
I like the ps1 ending more. Partly because I felt like more emotion was conveyed in the cut scenes.

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 08:21:40 pm »
I like both versions of the ending all the same.
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline John_Moonie

• Wind
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 08:24:34 pm »
I like the ps1 ending more. Partly because I felt like more emotion was conveyed in the cut scenes.

:embarassed: surly your not just saying that because of nostalgia goggles. There's gotta be reason.

I mean, if it just nostalgia i understand...

Offline Questklonoa

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • Tiger-kun
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 08:35:25 pm »
I was only able to play the Wii version, with a very brief glimpse of the PS1 version after beating the Wiimake. I personally thing of the Wii version is better, as the voice acting is a bit more clearer, maybe even with the English version, but not by much. :bad_straight_face:

But because I played the Wii version only, unless the remake is basically the same as the original, I'll still say about unsure. :unsure:

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 09:04:18 pm »

:embarassed: surly your not just saying that because of nostalgia goggles. There's gotta be reason.

English va's oh no don't get me started on those. I much prefer it in phantomillian. Also the animations on the wii seemed a bit rigid to me. No it wasn't do in a CGI studio like ps1 DtP did but still neh not the same to me. Also I played Klonoa DtP ps1 and wii in the same year when I got back into the series in 2014

Offline John_Moonie

• Wind
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 09:28:44 pm »
English va's oh no don't get me started on those. I much prefer it in phantomillian. Also the animations on the wii seemed a bit rigid to me. No it wasn't do in a CGI studio like ps1 DtP did but still neh not the same to me. Also I played Klonoa DtP ps1 and wii in the same year when I got back into the series in 2014

I also played the wii version in phantomillian!  :big_smile:

Offline Artsy

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 12:52:06 am »

I don't think so. Honestly the original Door to Phantomile has more exaggerated expressions than any of the later 3D-modled games do and I feel like that caused PS1 DTP to be the most emotional Klonoa game.

Offline John_Moonie

• Wind
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2016, 06:30:56 am »
I don't think so. Honestly the original Door to Phantomile has more exaggerated expressions than any of the later 3D-modled games do and I feel like that caused PS1 DTP to be the most emotional Klonoa game.

:unsure: that's a pretty good point, the FMV in the original aloud for a greater emphasis on the 3D models.