Don't trust flying fish. Especially Karal.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: How did you find out about this forum? (10 years of UHKC!)  (Read 1040 times)

Online rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
How did you find out about this forum? (10 years of UHKC!)
« on: July 21, 2023, 08:23:10 pm »
So, yeah, this site is already 10 years old, and like Klonoa's dreams, and our dreams, they come, and go, people come and go, and we wonder, what happen to them and such, same goes to the dreams, and it's kind of amazing to think this site is already 10 years old, i think it needs more recogntion for the new age, it used to be more popular but, not really anymore, unfortunately, as i think it's the best in everything.

So, how did you find out about this place, and what made you stay here, come over here and such? How about fond memories of this place that you have?

As for me...

I came here from EPG channel, his Klonoa Wii-make "Remake or Re-break" video, i was intrigued and excited to be part of a Klonoa social site! I never even knew something like this could exist! A forum specially! But that video was from 2015, i was a bit concerned about that...

Either way, i was pleasantly surprised there was still some activity around 2021!  :D And yeah, that's how i met this place, and it changed everything for me...  :O
« Last Edit: July 21, 2023, 08:25:10 pm by rapappa the pepper, Reason: Added fond memories part. »
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline Mr.KokoPudgeFudge

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 3
  • I'm a guy who thinks way too much
Re: How did you find out about this forum? (10 years of UHKC!)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2023, 02:22:08 pm »
Made an account for a Phantomillian thread. Left for a few months cuz we basically had it solved. Came back because I was really bored. I then stayed cuz this forum is interesting every once in a while.

Offline RAYDEN

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
  • Dreams make a wish come true
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2023, 03:40:14 pm »
I'm still fairly new, though I also first heard of this forum from ExoParadigmGamer too. I was following his Klonoa marathon back when it was fresh, and when the Heroes video turned up, I got a glimpse of this website.

Though at the time I did not feel compelled to join it because I didn't want to join another forum after the previous ones I was in either got defuct, or devolved into something else. Our gaming group decided to remain a more tight knight private chat.

Fast forward to recent times, PRS came out of nowhere and inspired me to finally play Klonoa for the first time. And what a mighty adventure that was, everything Exo said about the game was spot on, save for a few flaws in PRS but I don't need to get into that. My sister also lent me her PS3, so I also decided to grab the Playstation original Klonoa from PSN, I had just as much fun there as I did with the remaster.

And here I am, joining another forum for the first time since a long time!
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho

Offline SerialDreams

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • Huepow! Rupuruduu!
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2023, 04:29:16 pm »
I found it around 8 years ago originally when I went on the hunt for Klonoa fan games and happened to stumble upon UHKC's dedicated page for just that. I don't remember what prompted me to make an account, but I stuck around because I had no idea that Klonoa had such a following online. ;)
"Wahii, rupurudu!" = "Okay, let's go!"

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • ’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste
    • My website
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2023, 10:25:57 pm »
Honestly, I don’t remember how exactly I found this forum, but I do remember that there were a few Klonoa spaces around the time the Wiimake was coming out, and I went from forum to forum as each just shut down, but this one stayed, and was very happy to see it still around. I’m so glad there are people as passionate about keeping this space alive as much as me! :smile2:

Offline PhantomShiba

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
  • Your (probably) exhausted nerd
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2023, 09:45:05 am »
Well back in 2022 I stumbled on a Klonoa video by the Game Apologist, I knew about Klonoa at the time but I didn't really know it well. I watched it and it piqued my interest, from that point I was a fan of Klonoa, after the video I played DtP and found it really enjoyable. So while I was searching around I found this forum, it seemed cool so I signed up for it, read a few posts and... went dormant for awhile  :embarassed:
When I started my fan-game I returned to the forum and started chatting and I've kinda just stuck around
I wish I was more interactive at first but eh, can't change the past.  x_x
-PHANTOM SHIBA (Moxie)-
(Actual age: 15 - I made a mistake on my profile :p)

Offline HaggisD1

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Guy with a weird taste
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2024, 06:46:25 am »
It was simple I've beaten DtP and wanted to Play L'sV, but I had teouble getting the game running on an emulator.

So I was searching for how I can get this game to run, eventually I found a guide, the Klonoa 2 emulator guide on this server  (by the red Klonona guy).

But I didn't join this forum yet.

Summer passed and I have beaten EoD and I think I was halfway trough DCT.

I didn't know how to translate Klonoa Heroes, so I joined this forum to find the awnser, there was nowhere a guide but Ruupurdu helped me right away.

I just needed a filepatcher, but I was completely culeless on how to use Fan translations.

In the end I'm here because I'm an idiot.  :bad_straight_face: