There are several cat-like creatures in series, but one is the best. (Tat, obviously.)

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Look up!  (Read 1640 times)

Offline Gyzyn

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
Look up!
« on: May 11, 2014, 01:13:09 pm »
I'm guilty... are you? I've been at the edge of withdrawing from the real world almost my entire life. Though I rarely use facebook, or other "social" networks.

https://www.youtube.com/v/Z7dLU6fk9QY

EDIT:
I'm even on the edge of withdrawing from online social interactions, but it's true that I "met" some good people on the web, but in the end I only feel pain, because I cannot meet them personally.

Offline Scroptels Gluzar

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 24
    • Pixiv
Look up!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 10:39:32 pm »
You aren't the only one! Everybody including me is starting to feel the same way, and especially the people from the U.S. and Japan, or any other country were people are almost, if not entirely, living in a cybernetic world.

Many people on the Internet are expressing these feelings, It's amazing! I've seen it multiple times on others and on myself, I'm also tired of facebook, youtube, deviatART and other websites. I'm sick of technology, or rather, technology has made me sick, is not that technology is bad for us, it's our misuse and abuse of technology that hurts us, you can see what youtube has turned into: a huge pile of trash. I believe you are much better than other people out there, I wouldn't want to be like PewDiePie and do stupid stuff while having millions of people watching everything I do, all just for virtual fame, I want to be myself and be accepted for who I am. A week ago I started telling my friends on facebook (less that 20) that I was gonna delete my account, nobody seemed to care about the fact that they would most likely never find a way to contact me again, it may appear to be a very sad thing but to me it was a proof that it's the best thing for me to do. We have become so dependent upon one another that we can not solve our own problems, but i know I need to start being independent and take responsibility.

Here's some films that might interest you.

We live in public

Generation Like

Terms and Conditions May apply
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 01:27:52 am by Scroptels GL »

Offline Gyzyn

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
Look up!
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 09:56:38 am »
Hey, sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the videos you shared, that Jacque Fresco speech was truly inspirational.

A lot of people seemed to misunderstand the video I shared here. I read a lot of comments under the video, and quite a lot of people misunderstood it for being anti technology, while it's about as you said misusing the technology, and human relationships in general. Human relationship generally started to become more shallow way before the internet. Just look at the baby boomers pop culture-  sleeping with someone who you just met at the disco... The cult of being young and irresponsibility. So yeah, I'm not blaming the amazing source of free information that is the internet.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 10:02:51 am by Gyzyn »

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
Look up!
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 11:47:48 pm »
Wow, thanks for sharing those videos. They're refreshing.