Everyone needs a little Joka in their lives. <3

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: English or Phantomilian voice-acting for the next game?  (Read 1029 times)

Offline RGBStuff

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
English or Phantomilian voice-acting for the next game?
« on: July 21, 2022, 03:48:58 pm »
To elaborate, if Phantasy Reverie Series is successful, and more Klonoa games end up being made (new or remake), would you want Phantomilian voice-acting (like in most games), or would you like things to shake it up a little with English voice-acting (like with Klonoa (Wii) and Klonoa Beach Volleyball)?

If the latter, who would you want the VA to be?  :unsure:

(Also I'm a new fan, haven't played a (full) game yet, but going off the PRS demo and Gameplay videos of other games, Klonoa seems fun!)

Offline rando account

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
  • "I need to think of a good bio" -Me, 2 minutes ago
    • imgur account
Re: English or Phantomilian voice-acting for the next game?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2022, 04:28:55 pm »
To elaborate, if Phantasy Reverie Series is successful, and more Klonoa games end up being made (new or remake), would you want Phantomilian voice-acting (like in most games), or would you like things to shake it up a little with English voice-acting (like with Klonoa (Wii) and Klonoa Beach Volleyball)?

(Also I'm a new fan, haven't played a (full) game yet, but going off the PRS demo and Gameplay videos of other games, Klonoa seems fun!)
Phantalomian with subtitles
Better Call Rando

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2022, 06:08:09 pm »
I prefer phantomilian.

YukarinUniversalTraveler

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2022, 05:02:57 am »

Honestly I'd just conform with Japanese at this point, Phantomilian is pretty much optional, to me at least, and, other languages such as English (bri'ish Klonoa for the win) or Spanish (which I totally LOVED, too bad these voice actors aren't credited in that game) seem like too much of a problem. :confused:

Also because it would be so cool to hear other characters apart from Klonoa & Guntz speaking in Japanese. Leorina speaking in Japanese would sound killer, even more than it already does in Phantomilian. Or even Popka, that would be so funny to listen at. :embarassed:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2022, 07:36:35 pm by YukarinUniversalTraveler, Reason: lol typo »

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2022, 12:54:20 pm »
Phantomillian for me but I'm old fashioned

Offline RGBStuff

• Heart Moo
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2022, 03:39:29 pm »
I know I'll get some flack for this (and also because I'm responding to myself), but I don't hate Eric Stitt's take on Klonoa's voice in the Wii-make, yeah the direction was a little off, but, at least in that game, the voice fits.

Offline TheCarsEdge

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
  • Updated Autopsy Report moment
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2022, 09:32:47 am »
Phantomilian.
Cars

Offline Mario500

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2022, 02:32:31 pm »
"English voice-acting [or voice acting]" (by performers of voices of Nintendo Wii Klonoa game).

"VA"?

Offline RGBStuff

• Heart Moo
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2022, 05:47:13 pm »
"English voice-acting [or voice acting]" (by performers of voices of Nintendo Wii Klonoa game).
"VA"?

VA = Voice actor