Browsing this site on a smartphone? Be sure to browse it in landscape for the best experience!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Tabletop Games  (Read 5384 times)

Offline Waffaru

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
  • Stay determined as you grow, love as you go
Tabletop Games
« on: November 19, 2017, 09:19:04 pm »
Heyo, this'll be one of my first posts on the forums.

I'm a really avid lover of tabletop games! There's this tavern in our city where you pay to enter and you can stay there all day and play boardgames with people. Very cool. Probably one of my most favourite ones though have to be Munchkin, Bang! And Dominion. I've also taken a liking to longer games like Terra Mystica.

What kind of tabletop games do you guys fancy?

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
Re: Tabletop Games
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 09:39:24 pm »
Oh hey! Your name is of someone I know, they run the Klonoa Mega Chat!

:^)

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 12:17:14 am »
most of my friends prefer to play games with agency so I end up playing those a lot. Battlestar Galactica, Secret Hitler, Bang...my lie radar is poor and my ability to lie is perhaps even worse so I don't get much enjoyment out of them.

For me I prefer games that allow for mixing things up without inflicting enormous penalties. Deckbuilding games and Roleplaying are more of my fancy. I like Legendary Encounters: Alien edition, and I really enjoy being the moderator for Ultimate Werewolf because I get to spontaneously generate outrageous stories and throw in red-herrings to give players something to accuse each-other over; I find it more fun to watch and listen rather than try to see through people's poker-faces.

I really enjoy persistent games like Shadowrun and DnD. I honestly haven't really played many games DnD games but I'm the GM for a Shadowrun group and I get a kick out of roleplaying against the table. Some games I roleplay a bunch of drug addicts and moments later I get to play as an over the top animal rights activist. I do miss being one of the player characters but I'm learning to add in npcs that I can play to help the table every now and again when they are weak in an area such as melee combat or magic
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 12:20:21 am by confuted »

Offline Derpy Hooves

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: -53
  • Just a lurker
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 08:21:24 am »
Ashens did a whole video on table top games from the 80s. btw welcome to the forums of the klonoas
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 08:24:15 am by Juno »
Guess what... You're a Cutie

Offline Questklonoa

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • Tiger-kun
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 08:46:57 pm »
Heyo, this'll be one of my first posts on the forums.

I'm a really avid lover of tabletop games! There's this tavern in our city where you pay to enter and you can stay there all day and play boardgames with people. Very cool. Probably one of my most favourite ones though have to be Munchkin, Bang! And Dominion. I've also taken a liking to longer games like Terra Mystica.

What kind of tabletop games do you guys fancy?
Hmm... a familiar face.. where have I seen it before? o3o

But anyways, I haven't really played much table-top games recently, and I've always wanted to play something like Dungeons and Dragons ;3;

Offline IsmaDLR

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 11:25:44 am »
There are a lot of tabletop games. Way too many. I know a few of them, but in the end, there are only some recomendations about what did I enjoyed playing, and it implied also that I had the correct people to play, the ones who wanted to learn the rules and didn't interrupt the game for asking questions already answered in the rules.

With that said, Mysterium is one that I enjoyed a lot, but it's one that it may be hard to understand at first, but once you learn how it works, it's very fun.

Jungle Speed is something more apropiate if you want to play a shorter game and if you want something that requires a quick reaction.

If you want a dice game... Well, I want to try Luchador!, but I find it really expensive considering it's just a dice game. Also, there are not that many dice games that I find interesting.

When it comes to board James... Well, not going to mention the classic board games. You can check Formula D.

In the end, recommending tabletop games is hard, but I think these might be interesting to check. Maybe you will fall in love with one of these.

Offline Questklonoa

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • Tiger-kun
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 07:02:23 pm »
Too bad the only table-top game I fondly remember playing, is Monopoly. Yeah, a normie I am :embarassed:

I do remember playing Risk, but I was so confused on how the game plays, that I stopped playing it :v

Offline Waffaru

• Wind
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2017, 07:43:36 am »
Too bad the only table-top game I fondly remember playing, is Monopoly. Yeah, a normie I am :embarassed:

I do remember playing Risk, but I was so confused on how the game plays, that I stopped playing it :v

I'm sure there's a few mentioned here that you can try out :D

Oh hey! Your name is of someone I know, they run the Klonoa Mega Chat!

:^)

Ahoy ahoy!

Yeah I too have like a million boardgames that I want to mention but I just thought those few were like toptier for me.

Offline Derpy Hooves

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: -53
  • Just a lurker
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 08:15:15 am »
so board games and table top games are the same if so Ashens has lied to me. i know believe in nothing
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 08:30:50 am by Juno »
Guess what... You're a Cutie

Offline Waffaru

• Wind
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 09:37:09 am »
so board games and table top games are the same if so Ashens has lied to me. i know believe in nothing

Well Board games are a subclass of Tabletop games. A game like monopoly is a board game but it also a tabletop game, while, for example, Bang! is a tabletop game but not really a board game since there's no board you use to play it with.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 09:39:14 am by Waffaru »