All of our moderators have cybernetic implants. They watch over you as you sleep.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: EPG Klonoa Review Series  (Read 8606 times)

Offline BazookaNeon

• and then shenanigans ensued.
  • Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
  • B A Z O O K A ! !
Re: EPG Klonoa Review Series
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2016, 05:04:40 pm »
Admittedly it was these reviews that brought me here. |D I'm excited to see an active Klonoa community out there.
Though I'm curious to know if whether or not he'll be doing anything for Namco x Capcom and the Volleyball Game, since the former is a crossover that Klonoa is featured in and the latter didn't see a North American release.

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2016, 08:24:30 pm »
Admittedly it was these reviews that brought me here. |D I'm excited to see an active Klonoa community out there.
Though I'm curious to know if whether or not he'll be doing anything for Namco x Capcom and the Volleyball Game, since the former is a crossover that Klonoa is featured in and the latter didn't see a North American release.
First off I'm glad you found us through his reviews!
Second off, he's already done two reviews on games that never even left Japan let alone came to NA (Moonlight Museum and Klonoa Heroes), so I don't think that's a factor.
He did say at the end of the last video that he'd be doing KBV, though. Didn't mention NxC, so I doubt that's on his list, which is a shame but also super understandable with how little that game actually has to do with Klonoa...

Offline KlonoaChu

• Wind
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2016, 09:58:27 pm »
I can't wait for the finale of the series!   :D
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 10:00:09 pm by KlonoaChu »

Offline Randomizer

• Villain in Training
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 33
  • The Regular Army is no more
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2016, 11:55:31 am »
You know the drill! :hey:

Excellent review as always, Exo ;D

Too bad I can't play this one yet cause of the language barrier, just like he mentioned on the vid :(

I do like his advertising of this Collective though, pretty smart move there :big_smile:

Offline VikVanHazel

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
  • How curious...
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2016, 04:44:13 pm »
It is time once again for another review from ExoParadigmGamer.  Get it while it's fresh!  :hand:

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2016, 09:14:20 pm »
Ah thank you for the link :D

Offline Randomizer

• Villain in Training
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 33
  • The Regular Army is no more
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2016, 02:18:20 pm »
This game is probably my least favorite in the series :sad_face:

Not really a fan of sports (However, I do make some exceptions) :(

He should've probably mentioned some of Klonoa's cameos like in MotoGP, Alpine Racer 3, etc. but oh well :unsure:

Such a wonderful way to end the marathon :big_smile:

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Klonoa13

• Wind
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2016, 06:41:32 am »
I will be honest, I also discovered this site thanks to his Klonoa Marathon as well. |D Kinda Crazy that you guys have been around for years now and I only NOW just discovered this place. =w=; XDD But Hey, Better Late than Never! : D

Funny thing about Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil, Which IDK if it was discussed about in this forum, But there was once a Gamecube Port being made that was cancelled for unknown reasons. D: I TOTALLY would have gotten that Port since I did not own a PS2 back in that generation. (In fact I still don't own a PS2 to this day and I have a PS3 Slim so I can't even pop it into that console. :sad_face: )

Also really sucks that Klonoa was not brought back for the Later Project X Zone Titles, which are sequels to Namco X Capcom. Never understood why that was the case.  :unsure:
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 06:49:46 am by Klonoa13 »

Offline FritzyBeat

• Professional Crazy Talker
  • Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2016, 01:01:08 pm »
I will be honest, I also discovered this site thanks to his Klonoa Marathon as well. |D Kinda Crazy that you guys have been around for years now and I only NOW just discovered this place. =w=; XDD But Hey, Better Late than Never! : D

You can count me in that group as well X3 Enjoyed the video series, glad it led me to find this place :D

Funny thing about Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil, Which IDK if it was discussed about in this forum, But there was once a Gamecube Port being made that was cancelled for unknown reasons. D: I TOTALLY would have gotten that Port since I did not own a PS2 back in that generation. (In fact I still don't own a PS2 to this day and I have a PS3 Slim so I can't even pop it into that console. :sad_face: )

What I find interesting is how a release on the Gamecube may or may not have changed Klonoa's fortunes. Sony's back in the day (and indeed even today) was always considered to have "the adult's gaming console" in the PS1 & 2, alongside competition like Microsoft's Xbox. For a long time, Nintendo held the monopoly on family friendly gaming entertainment, and Sony legit had to go out of their way just to try and create something that might appeal to the younger audience. These of course resulted in games like Spyro and Crash Bandicoot.

These were huge hits upon release, and really opened up Sony's audience... but judging by the fact that neither one survived into the 2010s, it's still quite clear that Nintendo continues to hold most of the family audience's retention better than their competition.

All that said, I wonder if a release on a Nintendo console might have resulted in more success for Klonoa in his heyday. Nintendo fans generally seem to be more accepting of cutsie-looking games (which I might add, often feature some very profound and interesting stories despite their cutsiness). The PS1 and 2 may have dominated the console market overall at the time, but there is little doubt in my mind that Nintendo still controled/controls the side of the market that could have included most of Klonoa's potential fans.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 01:04:25 pm by FritzyBeat »