Don't trust flying fish. Especially Karal.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Help us show Nintendo that Klonoa in SSB4 would fit perfectly  (Read 50648 times)

Offline YouDontKnowWhoIam

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 15
Re: Help us show Nintendo that Klonoa in SSB4 would fit perfectly
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2014, 09:39:58 pm »
At most, Klonoa will be an assist or a normal trophy really. Like how Rayman ended up being.

>Sakurai places an INCREDIBLE subtle hint towards a TROPHY

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2014, 10:21:15 pm »
This installment is obviously very rushed as well. Recycled move sets and a near identical physics engine to Brawl's are big flags of this.

...You're kidding, right?

Bowser and Yoshi's entire character structures have been entirely revamped for this game, and several characters have new additions to their movesets (Zelda uses a Phantom as down-b, Charizard got Flare Blitz, Sheik has TWO new b moves, and Pikachu's down-smash has been changed, as well as every character getting THREE variations on each of their specials.)

Plus, this game's physics engine has been said to be MUCH different from Brawl's- it's actually faster now, something closer to 64's physics, plus throws have been changed, and edge-hogging is different now as well.

(on another note, I'm just hoping for Mewtwo and/or Ridley at this point. I do still want Klonoa, but I'm not going to bring my hopes up to unreasonable expectations...which is why I only hope for Mewtwo and/or Ridley, instead of expecting them.)

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 31
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2014, 11:00:03 pm »
This installment is obviously very rushed as well. Recycled move sets and a near identical physics engine to Brawl's are big flags of this.

...You're kidding, right?

Bowser and Yoshi's entire character structures have been entirely revamped for this game, and several characters have new additions to their movesets (Zelda uses a Phantom as down-b, Charizard got Flare Blitz, Sheik has TWO new b moves, and Pikachu's down-smash has been changed, as well as every character getting THREE variations on each of their specials.)

Plus, this game's physics engine has been said to be MUCH different from Brawl's- it's actually faster now, something closer to 64's physics, plus throws have been changed, and edge-hogging is different now as well.

(on another note, I'm just hoping for Mewtwo and/or Ridley at this point. I do still want Klonoa, but I'm not going to bring my hopes up to unreasonable expectations...which is why I only hope for Mewtwo and/or Ridley, instead of expecting them.)

According to Comic-con goers the physics are nearly identical and characters like Sonic, Lucario, most of Mario and some others are recycled. If you're going to help characters get better, then please do it for everyone and spend lots of time doing it. The game's also really sluggish and if you look at the con recordings, you'll see it. The official ads are obvs' clocked too so you can't trust those for how the game's like much.

Sure the game's a bit faster than Brawl, but only a wee bit. Characters still float almost like anti-gravity and that was the biggest flaw of that game. It's to a point where some vets are claiming that it's even more "muddy" than Brawl alone.

It was an old build from E3 but that's very poor advertising, and false advertising especially. Many people told the Nintendo officials there about the problems so I'll have some hopes up for a huge improvement in the last build.

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2014, 11:02:20 pm »
At most, Klonoa will be an assist or a normal trophy really. Like how Rayman ended up being.

>Sakurai places an INCREDIBLE subtle hint towards a TROPHY

>implying Sakurai isn't being a mad troll as usual

Offline CacmanZero

• Moo
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 56
  • Moo's Dreams
« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2014, 08:08:25 am »
Rayman's face capture funny. :big_smile:

Rayman Trophy Pose Webcomics:

• Hero in Training
« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2014, 09:11:32 am »
So...now what?

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2014, 11:03:41 am »
I'm sure that the comics KWW2014 posted are getting us out of topic...
My favorite animes:

More to come

• Hero in Training
« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2014, 03:26:10 pm »
Anything else to say on the matter?

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2014, 03:48:00 pm »
That comic's great.

New stuff. Apparently at some time last night, a dude at the ESRB was able to get pics of the roster and other pictures from the menus on the 3DS version:

Since both versions share characters there's probably like, a %0.1 chance of Klonoa now unless there's character exclusives at this point.

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2014, 04:02:49 pm »
Just like a lot of rumors and leaks these days, I'm not going to argue either side.
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.