There are several cat-like creatures in series, but one is the best. (Tat, obviously.)

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Klonoa Door To Phantomile should've been ported to DS  (Read 779 times)

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
Klonoa Door To Phantomile should've been ported to DS
« on: December 20, 2023, 09:42:48 am »
As we all know, Klonoa in 2007 - 2008 turned 10 years old! (the franchise that is) And with that, 2 games were being made, a Klonoa Door to Phantomile remake for the Nintendo Wii, and, the other one, would be a portable one... for Java phones...?  :confused:

I guess they really wanted to show off the power of Japanese cell phones of the time, and they did, while being lost media (like many Japanese java phone games), it seems really impressive what they managed to pull of!  :O

But... Ever since i tried out Resident Evil Deadly Silence (DS), it made me thought "wouldn't it be cool to have more Playstation games here?" I know, i know, you can run Playstation 1 games on the PSP, but, the Nintendo DS i also think could do a really solid anniverssary port of the game without many compromises. Besides, the Wii and DS are consoles very close to each other, both very popular, both had a wider casual appeal, besides, there were 3 Klonoa games on Game Boy Advance, but, none on DS, isn't it weird?

Eh, it's whatever, i guess it's cool to have it on a Java phone instead, experimenting is nice.  :embarassed:
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline PhantomShiba

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
  • Your (probably) exhausted nerd
Re: Klonoa Door To Phantomile should've been ported to DS
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2023, 10:08:15 am »
I mean it would honestly fit with other games like Ghost Trick, Sonic Rush, NSMB, etc. Especially with Klonoa having GBA experiences it's kinda weird that the more popular DS didn't get even a single Klonoa game, port or original game. But then again around this time Klonoa was kind of going dormant at least in most regions of the world.
-PHANTOM SHIBA (Moxie)-
(Actual age: 15 - I made a mistake on my profile :p)

Offline HaggisD1

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Guy with a weird taste
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2023, 02:14:38 pm »
The lack of Klonoa games for the DS is a pitty and a odd buisness decision.

Offline HaggisD1

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Guy with a weird taste
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2023, 03:50:59 pm »
I also think they should have ported the Wiimake to the PS3 and XBOX 360, but I asume they didn't do it because you can't play it like it was intended in the comercial, with godamm nunchuck.

Offline RAYDEN

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
  • Dreams make a wish come true
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2024, 09:01:37 pm »
I certainly would've adored to see a DS port of DtP even if I never owned the handheld! It could have come down to what exactly would it entail as a standalone release. Would it have been given the Mario 64 DS treatment where there is bonus content, part of which concerned the adoption of the touch screen? Or would it have been a straight port with nothing much added other than a difficulty setting?

There could have been a compromise on sound quality given the DS's sound is not as good as the PlayStation's, though it wouldn't have been that steep of a cut.

I personally love the way the game plays on my PSP though! If someone was crazy enough to reverse engineer the game and port it to the DS that would be quite wild. Hats off to whoever dares  ;)

Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho