You can't hate Popka. He's a jerk with a heart of gold.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Crash Bandicoot Cartoon Animated  (Read 1617 times)

Offline CacmanZero

• Moo
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 56
  • Moo's Dreams
Crash Bandicoot Cartoon Animated
« on: July 19, 2015, 11:23:43 am »
Crash Bandicoot Cartoon 90s Animated on Sony Computer Entertainment America us in Nintendo's Mario and Sega Sonic The Hedgehog thought do think you are?  :unsure:

http://kotaku.com/crash-bandicoot-could-have-had-these-sweet-animated-cut-1718880217

Via Crash Mania:

This was actually not meant to be a cartoon series at all. According to David Siller, one of the producers of the original game:

«It was based on ideas for where we were going with this IP at that time. It was probably too ambitious in nature and was also trying to be humorous. It was never used or even embedded in the game as a hidden "easter egg" treat.

Once UIS licensed the game to Sony for publication, Sony did not want it utilized since they were heavily pushing the "3D" agenda.»

The first segment of the video was intended to be used as the game's intro, whereas the second one (with Cortex falling into the ship) was meant to be the game's ending. It wasn't an animated series, and it wasn't a proposed advertisement for the game or anything of the sort. It was meant to be in the game itself. That's all there is to it.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 12:13:59 pm by CarminaSuva »

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: Crash Bandicoot Cartoon Animated
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 04:27:37 pm »
Aww they should have let this be in the game Crash bandicoot was pretty fun. I had no idea there was a cartoon thing for it.
Another Playstation one game known as Jersey Devil did have some cartoon parts in it from what I remember.

Offline Chocolat

• Magical Grill
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 8
  • My style is rich, dope, phat in which
Re: Crash Bandicoot Cartoon Animated
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 12:53:24 pm »
You can see Tiny Tiger and I think one of the Komodo Bros during one bit, even though they weren't seen until the second game. It looks like it could have potentially become a cartoon but this video was more of a concept. I think Universial and Sony had different ideas of what they wanted crash to be, and admittedly I think Sony's way probably turned out better in the end. I think this cartoon kinda overdoes the wackiness and doesn't look like it will work anywhere near as well as animaniacs.

Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her, you are not alone.