Vincentmrl's Mac can make origami out of hamburga french fry. Don't ask how.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Happy Klonoa Day 2021!  (Read 1074 times)

Offline HylianBran

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
  • Glover vs Klonoa Beach Volleyball: Dawn of Racism
Happy Klonoa Day 2021!
« on: September 06, 2021, 05:29:22 pm »
Happy Klonoa Day! :D Today's all about playing, discussing, or listening to all things Klonoa. We're also pushing to have this become a true new worldwide holiday, so tell friends and family about it.  :bad_straight_face:

For anyone curious (aka me before looking this up) Klonoa Day originates from a Tweet from Hideo Yoshizawa (the director and writer of Klonoa: Door to Phantomile) on September 6th of 2019. In Japanese, the number 9 is pronounced as Kyu, and the number 6 is pronounced as Roku. These combined come out as Kuro, which sounds like Kuronoa, which is what the series would be referred to as over there, as there is no traditional "L" sound in Japanese. When translators localize Japanese names, they often have to make assumptions on the intention of the "Ur" sound. We could very well have had a Klonoa named Korona.

Sorry, that took way too long to explain. Maybe you learned something kids. Big thanks to the Klonoa Blog for blogging about this two years ago, otherwise I'd have no idea what this is.
Backloggd: https://www.backloggd.com/u/HylianBran/

crazy crazy graveyard theory
ghost tried to approach me
got leery

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: Happy Klonoa Day 2021!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2021, 08:47:20 am »
I'm late :( But anyways, Late happy Klonoa Day :D