Klonoa Collective: Where our official ship is Joka x Janga.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Super Smash Bros Ultimate  (Read 15343 times)

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
Super Smash Bros Ultimate
« on: March 08, 2018, 07:26:06 pm »

Smash Bros is finally confirmed for Switch with Mario, Link (in his BOTW outfit), and the Inklings from Splatoon. The hype is on.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 12:18:42 pm by Windbullet »
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline CacmanZero

• Moo
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 56
  • Moo's Dreams
Re: Super Smash Bros (title pending) for Nintendo Switch
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 08:05:28 pm »
Update DLC character and outfit with increase revenue :unsure:
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 08:10:08 pm by CacmanSuva »

Offline NaughtyRoach

• Windy Boi
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 8
  • Just chilling.
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 10:39:28 pm »
Well we can dream about this one... :(

But anyway can't wait to see what they have for this new Smash (or more likely Switch port of the Smash Wii U) ;D

Offline IsmaDLR

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 01:24:45 pm »
Well we can dream about this one... :(

(Image removed from quote.)

But anyway can't wait to see what they have for this new Smash (or more likely Switch port of the Smash Wii U) ;D

Who knows, who knows... I expected the announcement to happen at E3, and almost everyone asking for Smash last night were doing it because memes or just "useless hope".

Needless to say it caught me off guard (I'm still more hyped about Mario Tennis Aces though), but MAYBE Nintendo will surprise us again at E3, and I know I'm wishing for something impossible... But if Bandai Namco is part of that Smash again (I still don't know if it's Sm4sh Deluxe or a new one), I will still hope Klonoa is in the game, even as a trophy or an assistant.

A crazy wish, but after Sakurai claiming that "Smash Bros for Wii U may be his last", should be enough to make everyone accept that another one should take his place. So, maybe that could hapen... Right?

However, I'm betting it's Sm4sh for 3DS and Wii U conbined, with something new sparkled over it (probably the Ice Climbers will be back.)

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 01:47:57 pm »
The fact that the logo is new, and the game’s website says Title Pending suggests it’s a new game.

Offline Matiri

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
  • Dealing with life one step at a time.
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 10:07:22 am »
Still, for what little information the trailer reveals and the 2018 release date, I doubt it's a new game. If it is a new game, it must have entered development recently and less than 12 months seems too little time. Then again if it was a re-release with added bells and whistles, Inklings and BotW Link as probably an alternate costume, I don't see much of a reason for not calling it as such sooooo... no idea.
That said if it's a new game, what subtitle do you think it will use? Hopefully they use those again cause calling your game based on the platform just sounds silly. They could just slap a number 5 and call it a day but it's funny to think what words could be used when you look up synonyms. I'm thinking clash, though for hilarity there's also skirmish, tussle, ruckus and my personal favorite: Super Smash Bros. Brouhaha. 

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2018, 11:59:24 am »
Or we just don't really know. It's pure speculation and we will probably know more info later.

Offline IsmaDLR

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2018, 01:32:57 pm »
Maybe development of this Smash started as soon as they stopped updating Smash for Wii U. Or they will use a lot of things from Smash for Wii U for this game, but not enough to make it the Deluxe Edition. Who knows.

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2018, 02:52:45 pm »
Something I just realized. If Link being his BOTW incarnation means a change in miveset, this could mean other returning chars could have new movesets, meaning certain clone characters like Toon Link won’t be clones anymore.

EDIT: Also, GameXplain trailer analysis. Been meaning to post that.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 02:59:12 pm by Windbullet »

Offline Rhombal

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 3
  • say wahoo again you motharprudu, say wahoo again
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2018, 09:59:09 am »
I'm just wondering how many characters they'll have in this Smash. I remember reading somewhere some Smash dev said something like "It takes a whole 4 months to create a new character" or something but I was hoping this one would be different