Browsing this site on a smartphone? Be sure to browse it in landscape for the best experience!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Meditation thread  (Read 6652 times)

Offline Gyzyn

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
Meditation thread
« on: September 16, 2014, 08:25:31 am »
Like the title says. This is a thread to share your experiences with meditation, for people who are into this stuff.

I have been meditating since I were 14 years old, unfortunately not always regularly. I've learned to consciously enter the state of sleep paralisis. Unfortunately I still can't get past that because I get pretty frightening hallucinations.

I've learned to trigger the feeling of euphoria while being in deeper state of meditation. It's quite an amazing feeling.

Once I've experienced something trully unbelievable. I quite literally gave myself a pat on the back. It's hard to explain. It was like getting a compliment or affection from someone; the only difference is: that someone was me.

I have quite a lot of different experiences to share that I may or may not post here. It would take a lot of time to write it all down. I would like to keep this thread as sceptical and free of new age mumbo jumbo as possible.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 03:13:16 pm by Gyzyn »

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: Meditation thread
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 01:43:03 pm »
I never expected to see this kind of thread here. I mess with this stuff a little but usually the only time I attempt meditating or getting near it is when I am unable to stay asleep a few people here knows that is pretty often :embarassed:.

But I mostly focus on trying to get my mind to freaking stop for once in a while. It's an endless anxiety filled roller coaster of thoughts a lot of times.

Sleep paralysis I've had involuntarily once or twice way before now. I don't talk about that usually...

It is all an interesting subject since I do need to do something about my mind some day. But I've dealt with a lot of false information on that kind of thing too so I am weary slow cautious and initially distrusting.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 02:06:12 pm by Daemyn »

Offline CalmSerenity

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 52
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 02:32:38 pm »
Oh my gosh! You meditate!? :O
HORRAAAAY~!!! :D I remember meditating since I was super little and I think everyone should meditate because it's the way to becoming
CALM :) and SERENE ;D!!!

Offline Gyzyn

• Hero in Training
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2014, 03:04:36 pm »
@CalmSerenity
I have to admit that I mostly got into meditation to experience lucid dreams and out of body experiences. Now, when I'm a little bit older, I appreciate the benefits of meditation like increased concentration, and clearer mind. Besides, it's very relaxing and energizing.

@CalmSerenity, @Daemyn
I'm glad to know that there are other people on this board that are into these sort of things.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 03:09:00 pm by Gyzyn »

Offline bemuzzled

• *furry flomp*
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 9
  • Hill Top Zone
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 03:15:47 pm »
As much as I want learn meditation, I don't think I can. I'm always on the go with very time to think. :\

Offline dummy

• Dumbness Incarnate
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 20
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 06:24:24 am »
I don't meditate, and i'll never do it.
NEVER!

Offline Gyzyn

• Hero in Training
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 06:47:17 am »
@ALOIYD
Why not?

Offline dummy

• Dumbness Incarnate
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 20
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 08:00:24 am »

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 10:01:20 am »
I don't know if I could or should ever try to manually cause that to happen with meditation attempts but have you ever dealt with persistent hallucinations just after waking up?

I'm asking for a psychiatric evaluation or anything since have found me a way to deal with it. I simply wonder if anyone else has had that happen before.

Offline Gyzyn

• Hero in Training
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2014, 11:27:32 am »
After I learned to enter sleep paralisis I had only one incident like that.  If you could move your body than it's probably something completely different.

I woke up in sleep paralisis in the middle of the night. I tried to get out of it as soon as possible. One technique that I know is to focus all of your will on moving just one of your limbs. It can even take up to about 30 seconds before it works. When you snap out of it get out of your bed, and wake yourself up. It's possible to slip right back into it if you just lay down and relax. I know because I got into sleep paralisis like 3 times that night.

The most important question is: were you paralised?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 11:30:42 am by Gyzyn »