The Klonoa Wiimake made a fatal mistake in renaming Joka. It better not happen again.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Poll

Ps1 DTP or wii DTP

Wii
8 (34.8%)
Ps1
15 (65.2%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Klonoa Door to Phantomile [Wii] VS. [Playstation]  (Read 10464 times)

Offline Gyzyn

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
Klonoa Door to Phantomile [Wii] VS. [Playstation]
« on: October 02, 2014, 12:29:00 pm »
Not to mention the original DtP is one of his best work, but he failed at remaking it.

That's your opinion, unless your talking about commercial failure. In that case, original DTP was a failure too.

The remake is so much more alive than the original. The enviorment is designed incomparably better, and yes, partly due to ps 1 technical limitations. I can't see how one can call this a failure, unless you are blinded by nostalgia.

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
Re: Klonoa Door to Phantomile [Wii] VS. [Playstation]
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2014, 08:50:02 pm »
That's your opinion, unless your talking about commercial failure. In that case, original DTP was a failure too.

The remake is so much more alive than the original. The enviorment is designed incomparably better, and yes, partly due to ps 1 technical limitations. I can't see how one can call this a failure, unless you are blinded by nostalgia.
What? The original DtP sold 170K copies in Japan, if I remember right. And you call that a failure?
Oh, why do we need to consider the sales in US/EU when the branches didn't pay much attention to it?

If you can read the development log at the old official site "Klonoa Home", you'll know the point of game lies on the story (not the visuals), and changes of the script seems to weaken it to many fans. Well, I believe the remake team had good intentions...

That should be enough, remember we're talking about the possibility of Klonoa 3 and "Klonoa in Smash".
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 09:07:53 pm by RollingMeowcat »
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline YouDontKnowWhoIam

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 15
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2014, 09:38:52 pm »
I'm sorry. You know what I chose.

Offline YouDontKnowWhoIam

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 15
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 09:39:42 pm »
KLONOA WOULD NEVER BE IN SMASH BROS. EVER.

Don't rub it in.

Offline Gyzyn

• Hero in Training
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 03:31:13 pm »
That should be enough, remember we're talking about the possibility of Klonoa 3 and "Klonoa in Smash".
O rly? You shouldn't have get off topic in the first place then.

Yes, 170K is pretty much a failure if you look how many copies a successful game sales. 
They have weakened the story? I played both the original and the Wii make, and the story is the same. Where does it differ exactly? Do you mean those little, insignificant difference in animations in the cutscenes? Minor differences in the English translation, that do not change the meaning of the sentences? Bad news: that does not change the story.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 03:45:03 pm by Gyzyn »

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 03:38:30 pm »
They have changed a ton of Klonoa's dialog. And I don't find that insignificant. some of the animations in the wiimake that were replaceing the ones in the ps1 DtP I found to be a lot more generic :|.

Either way atm sticking with I want a Klonoa 3 over smash or even spin off games.

Offline Gyzyn

• Hero in Training
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 03:48:49 pm »
@Daemyn
Again. Where is the story different? What is different?

Did I somehow got fan bases mixed up, and ended up in the Sonic fan base part of the internet?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 03:52:22 pm by Gyzyn »

Offline dummy

• Dumbness Incarnate
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 20
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2014, 03:49:52 pm »
@Daemyn
Again. Where is the story different? What is different?

Maaaaany things, but not so sure :unsure:

Offline Gyzyn

• Hero in Training
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2014, 03:53:56 pm »
@ALOIYD
Many things says nothing. Where is the difference? I'm not the one making claims here.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2014, 04:10:17 pm »
Klonoa got most of his lines stolen by huepow is that not enough to change the story on top of them being pretty different from the original DtP.

If you want I can make videos of both games story but that will take a couple days to a week or so depending on how long it takes for me to get other things done.