Everyone needs a little Joka in their lives. <3

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Anything and everything Astronomy  (Read 10345 times)

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
Anything and everything Astronomy
« on: November 29, 2014, 01:50:14 am »
Well, I'm bored and someone said i can do this, so here I am XD Ask me anything you want about astronomy, and I'll do my best to answer I guess? Well we'll just see how this goes  ;D

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
Re: Anything and everything Atronomy
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 01:51:51 am »
I have plenty of questions I always ask about Astronomy but I'll ask them one at a time.

What do you think about black holes and wormholes?

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
Re: Anything and everything Atronomy
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 01:57:17 am »
I have plenty of questions I always ask about Astronomy but I'll ask them one at a time.

What do you think about black holes and wormholes?

Black holes are everywhere, though many of them are so tiny, not even our best microscope can see them. Though the really big ones, known as Quasars, and found at the center of galaxies. they're what keep all the stars, dust, and gass together, and it's also why lots of galaxies have a spiral shape, as the matter is being spun around the quasar. Now worm holes are still just theories, but as science advances, they're becoming more likely to exist. 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 01:58:49 am by BinaryPulsar »

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
Re: Anything and everything Astronomy
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 02:05:13 am »
What are you thoughts of life outside Earth? There are some other planets that have support life, like one planet roughtly 7 or 8 light years away and a super Earth roughly 42 light years away. Do you think we'll be able to go there one day?

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2014, 02:15:42 am »
What are you thoughts of life outside Earth? There are some other planets that have support life, like one planet roughtly 7 or 8 light years away and a super Earth roughly 42 light years away. Do you think we'll be able to go there one day?

Oh there's definitely life out there somewhere. I mean, why would we be the only ones in this massive universe? Science can't say there's no life out there, since we haven't even gone to any planet besides Mars. Like Kepler-22B, a planet about 600 light years away, is a water world that most likely has life. we just can't get there. One thing science claims, is that if life does exist, it has to have the EXACT same chemical and cellular structure as life on Earth. I don't think they get that not everything out there has to be like us. Life out there could not need food, it could not need water, heck, maybe it doesn't even need oxygen. Science just thinks because that's how we live, that that's how everything else should live. And I believe we will be able to visit close stars in the future, as cryopreservation is already possible, however for no longer than a week. If we can find a way to do it for a few years, then yeah, we'll be able to travel tons of places.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 02:50:45 am »
You bring up some pretty good points. I like that. :D

How about dark matter/ anti-matter? Do you think we'll have any use for it? Or do you think it's all science fiction?

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2014, 02:53:28 am »
You bring up some pretty good points. I like that. :D

How about dark matter/ anti-matter? Do you think we'll have any use for it? Or do you think it's all science fiction?

Dark matter's out there, that's for sure. we just don't have to technology to figure out what exactly it is. it's hard to say if it'll be useful with our knowledge of it so far. But I'm sure it is. Everything, no matter what it is, has a purpose. water hydrates us, poisonous mushrooms kills things. No matter what it is, they all do something. so Dark matter has to have a use, or else why would it be there?

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2014, 03:00:21 am »
Do you think the universe will keep expanding? What will happen when it stops expanding? Or it is possible the universe is being stretched and then it will rubber band back into what it was before?

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2014, 03:01:31 am »
Alright, so on the subject of life on other planets...

Let's say, just as a hypothesis, that we discovered a whole planet very much like ours, but some millions of years before the evolution of ours. Basically, stuff like dinosaurs, and all that. What would be the reaction of the scientific community? Would we play god? SHOULD we play god? What of other planets that are further down the evolutionary line, and perhaps are further evolved than even our own?

I realize this relates a bit more to biology than astronomy, but it's still relative to other celestial bodies, in a way.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2014, 03:12:28 am »
Alright, so on the subject of life on other planets...

Let's say, just as a hypothesis, that we discovered a whole planet very much like ours, but some millions of years before the evolution of ours. Basically, stuff like dinosaurs, and all that. What would be the reaction of the scientific community? Would we play god? SHOULD we play god? What of other planets that are further down the evolutionary line, and perhaps are further evolved than even our own?

I realize this relates a bit more to biology than astronomy, but it's still relative to other celestial bodies, in a way.

Well, knowing how humanity is now, we'd want them to think we're the smartest thing in the universe. We'd want them to praise us, worship us, and yeah, pretty much treat us as gods. That's how lots of people are these days, they want to be better then everyone. I do believe there's parallel worlds out there, since I believe in the Multiverse theory. Think of the universe as a deck of cards. you can shuffle it lots of times, but eventually, you're gonna get the same hand. the universe is much like that. lots of things are different, but every now and then you get something the same. Now I don't think we should play god. I think we should help them so they don't ruin their planet like we did. I truly believe life more advanced then us exists. I know this sounds crazy, but i actually saw a U.F.O one time. now, think of an ant hill. now, think of people wanted to make a highway beside the anthill. the ants could want our technology, they want to know how we do this, so they can do it too. but do we care? no, we just pave right over the hill. that's like aliens and us. we're the ants, and they're the highway builders. now here's my theory. if life did advance enough to do interstellar space travel, then they obviously have treated their planet well enough to be able to sustain them that long. when they see what we're doing to our planet, they're not gonna give us their information. we would just go and ruin all the other planets too. Life definitely exists, but the chances of them visiting us are very slim.