Untamed Heart: Enough dream stones to run a sleep clinic!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 4056 times)

Offline Mike

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
Hello
« on: March 02, 2014, 08:15:56 pm »
Hello, I'm Mike
I'm the owner of the site http://klonoa.universodegoma.net/
Changed the domain several times, now a friend's hosting it

Found this site looking for the first game's soundtrack on lossless FLAC, but alas I can't find it anywhere. I have it on 192 kbps MP3 but I'm reencoding my audio collection and that ain't good enough. The Wii remake's source audio is at 33 kHz can you believe it, they screwed up badly. Next best thing seems to be taking the source audio from the PSone game.

I rather not pay around 70 US dollars on Ebay for a single album to some unknown person who isn't even related to Namco or Hideo Yoshizawa. Now if the money went to the development of Klonoa 3, that would be another matter altogether.

Anyway, greetings!

Offline Aura24

• Goddess Claire
  • Dreamer Rating: 43
    • DeviantArt
Hello
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 08:21:33 pm »
Hello, Mike! :3 Welcome.
Administrator, Founder, and Fan of Klonoa.
Game channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/CrystalBlazier/

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
Hello
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 08:26:00 pm »
Hey, welcome to the forums. :)

I wouldn't mind FLAC if it didn't eat up so much storage on my computer. I'm more content with using .mp3 and .aac for now.

I wish you luck in your search if you're able to find it!

Offline Mike

• Moo
Hello
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2014, 08:33:55 pm »
Quote from: "Aura24"
Hello, Mike! :3 Welcome.
Quote from: "the_darai"
Hey, welcome to the forums.

Rurupudu! *chases u both*

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
Hello
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2014, 08:40:24 pm »
The Wii remakes source audio is 33 kHz, yet it sounds exactly the same as that of the PS1 game? Wierd. Anyway, welcome to the forums.
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline Mike

• Moo
Hello
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2014, 08:51:28 pm »
Quote from: "Windbullet"
The Wii remakes source audio is 33 kHz, yet it sounds exactly the same as that of the PS1 game? Wierd. Anyway, welcome to the forums.

That's what I'm getting with WiiScrubber. Brstm files that translate to 32 kHz audio whatever converter I use. Weird.

It would sound pretty much the same to a middle aged adult.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 08:52:38 pm by Mike »

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
Hello
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2014, 09:01:20 pm »
Quote from: "Mike"

That's what I'm getting with WiiScrubber. Brstm files that translate to 32 kHz audio whatever converter I use. Weird.

It would sound pretty much the same to a middle aged adult.
I want to clarify something in case something happens that gets out of hand (not saying anythings GOING to happen).
 I'm 16, and Wii remake is the only Klonoa game I've own, let alone played (but I do read the webcomic).

I saw footage of the PS1 version and the music sounded exactly that same as the wii version, so if the converter is saying that the source audio is 33 hKz, when most of the sounds themselves are unchanged, you know something's wrong.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
Hello
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 09:03:36 pm »
I would say keep in mind that Nintendo has some really spiffy compressed formats. It's amazing what they can fit on a 4GB DVD and still have room left. I would say it might be compressed because of WBFS.

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
Hello
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 09:07:48 pm »
Well yeah, there's that too. But Mike, you DO know you can get the game's entire soundtrack (along with Klonoa 2 and Klonoa Hero's soundtracks) on iTunes, right?

Offline Mike

• Moo
Hello
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 09:19:01 pm »
Well yeah, there's that too. But Mike, you DO know you can get the game's entire soundtrack (along with Klonoa 2 and Klonoa Hero's soundtracks) on iTunes, right?
I just checked on Dolphin and it's playing music well above 32 kHz' limit so I must be doing something wrong

I don't use iTunes, don't they have watermarks on their audio?