All of our moderators have cybernetic implants. They watch over you as you sleep.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: New trademark registered - Klonoa Encore  (Read 15086 times)

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
Re: New trademark registered - Klonoa Encore
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2019, 08:27:08 pm »
So I just made an account here to point out something I just found. I googled the word Klonoa, moved forward a few pages, and found a link to the offical Nintendo page about the Wii remake of Klonoa.

The interesting part however is, that it says it was updated 3 days ago. Could this mean something?

Pictures are in the attachments.

Just checked it out on my end. I got the same thing. There’s no US Nintendo page, though.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 08:37:56 pm by Windbullet »
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline Mobotropolis

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2019, 09:17:25 pm »
so what are your speculations regarding games and features

Since Trilogy Remakes from this era are a thing ...

Klonoa Wii
Klonoa 2
Empire of Dreams

2 and EoD get a graphical update similar to Wii -- so EoD is 3D, now.

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2019, 11:01:43 pm »
I'll cross my fingers that the seemingly hd remakes come to the PC like Spyro. As much as I love the Nswitch, it's my brother's and I don't actually plan on buying my own (at least not in the foreseeable future). I prefer the PC anyway since it's a platform that will never be collecting dust in a closet.

Would also be nice if the Encore include the GBA and Wonderswan too...gosh I'd buy that in an instant.  :big_smile:

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2019, 07:40:07 am »
I am very much interested. Now just the waiting and remaining as reserved as possible.

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 48
    • My homepage
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2019, 12:40:25 pm »
If anybody would like to reference how Katamari Damacy Reroll/Encore was released, you can reference this post I made copied from Klonoa @ Blog:

A look back at Katamari Damacy Reroll/Encore for some clues/ideas on Klonoa Encore.

Sept 7th 2018 - Katamari Damacy Reroll is trademarked in Europe.

- 5 day gap

Sept 11th 2018 - Katamari Damacy Encore is trademarked in Japan.

- 3 day gap

Sept 13th 2018 - Katamari Damacy Reroll/Encore announced during Nintendo Direct.

- 9 day gap

Sept 21st 2018 - Katamari Damacy Reroll is trademarked in Australia.

- A near 4 month gap

Dec 7, 2018 - Katamari Damacy Reroll/Encore is released worldwide on Switch/PC.

This is no confirmation or indication that Klonoa Encore will follow a timeline akin to the one above but it’s of note that it is currently September. So far, it has only been 2 days since the trademark appeared.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 02:31:01 pm by OVERMOON »

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2019, 12:44:29 pm »
I was thinking about the Google search thing and this popped up in my mind: If that update IS related to KE, Why would NIntendo UK update their page for Klonoa Wii when they’re just going to make a separate page for KE?
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline 5nesta

• Lord Blues
  • Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 3
  • Hope rides alone.
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2019, 02:18:20 am »
Finally some Klonoa content! I had almost given up hope for the future of this series.  :hey:
Hope rides alone!

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2019, 12:22:22 pm »
Finally some Klonoa content! I had almost given up hope for the future of this series.  :hey:
I think a lot of people did.

But let's not be too optimistic, this isn't anything set yet.

But God I hope so. 

Offline SoBe

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2019, 01:59:23 pm »
This is, indeed, incredibly exciting news. But as some people have already said, nothing is certain. So while it's fun to get excited, let's not jump to any conclusions...

...actually we haven't had any proper Klonoa news in ages so let's have fun jumping to conclusions;

Worst case scenario: this is just a project that's been green-lit and may get cancelled before ever seeing a release.

Speculatively hopeful scenario: Klonoa remake/ remastered collection announced for Switch.

Unlikely but we can hope scenario: Klonoa remake/ remastered collection plus a brand new Klonoa game.

Best case scenario: Klonoa remake/ remastered collection, new Klonoa game, and Klonoa announced as a playable character for Smash Bros. Ultimate.

We can dream... this is Klonoa after all.

Offline IsmaDLR

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2019, 02:14:16 pm »
I think a lot of people did.

But let's not be too optimistic, this isn't anything set yet.

But God I hope so. 

Right now, with the info we have we can be both optimistic and worried. It's probably a port of the Wiimake, considering Katamari Damacy ReRoll/Encore is a port/remaster of the original Katamari Damacy, but considering the last Klonoa project ended, we may take this with a little bit of salt.

That being said, if they trademarked that it's because there is something there to show, so a Klonoa game being release isn't a hopeless dream anymore.

However, this feels like a last chance for Klonoa, so if (and I do hope it is a "When") the game gets released...