Everyone needs a little Joka in their lives. <3

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Video game artstyle / aesthetics / graphics / sounddesign / music /atmosphere.  (Read 1202 times)

Offline HaggisD1

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Guy with a weird taste
I was thinking about some artstyles and decided to open a new topic.

I adore the the artstyle of TLOZ: TP and SSB: Brawl their artstyle is pretty much goated, I just love the look of these games.
The way the characters and the enviremont look. And those dark colors...

I have a boner for the atmosphere of TP, the dark and childish artstyle, the amazing sound design and soundtrack, I just love it.  ;D

The only game that has a artstyle that I like as much as TP's is Dragon's Dogma's artstyle.

I just love how the armor and all the monsters look in the game, Dragon's Dogma's artstyle isn't that special,
but it does (almost) everything right. I just have a soft spot for dark games. ;)

(I really suck at getting into details  :( )

Let me know what your favourite artstyle is...  :hey:

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
I like Brawl, but i also like the looks of Melee a lot, both are my favorite games in the series, but also have the strongest styles in my opinion.

So, what else... Tekken 2, yup, not 3.
But i just said i loved Brawl's realistic gritty style, well Tekken 3 has this more late 90s gritty angsty badass look, i, don't really like it honestly, it isn't realistic tho, Tekken 2 for me has such a cool style and presentation... It is hard to pin point, but there is probably a video about that. (there is)
t=0s

It just feels fantastical and grand, majestic even... The music is so, soo good... Very mid 90s MIDI.

Speaking of Namco and Playstation...

I like the atmospheres of the original Door to Phantomile and Lunatea's Veil on Playstation 1 and 2, it is hard to pin point what i like about them, but there is a certain majestic feeling to Phantomile with the colors, locations, like, look at Cress, or Breezegale, any place in this world is just, so, undescribably "wow", and i like the super cute looks that only DtP PS1 had, but, was kinda dropped any game after, it is what i like to try and follow!  :big_smile: (although with a bit more roughness to lines, and bulkyness)

Undertale... Where do i start? I guess the only thing i need to mention, is the waterfall part of the game.  ;)
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline HaggisD1

• Heart Moo
  • Guy with a weird taste
I have Tekken 2, maybe I should try it out.

Offline HaggisD1

• Heart Moo
  • Guy with a weird taste
Another Game wuch style I really like is Valkyria Chronicles.

I like the graphics and the sound design of this game.

I especially enjoy the weapons and unit design. 

(might edit for details)