There is a new Klonoa Fan Magazine out. Come see here. https://forums.untamedheart.us/?page=zine

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Grandia III  (Read 2723 times)

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
Grandia III
« on: March 08, 2015, 08:46:36 pm »
well to put it plain and simple, i absolutely love me some Grandia III. So thought i'd make a thread to talk about the game and stuff XD

First of all i gotta say this, i totally ship Yuki and Alfina OwO

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
Re: Grandia III
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 08:56:00 pm »
It's a turn based RPG right?

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 08:56:58 pm »
It's a turn based RPG right?

Yeah. And boy do those battles get intense

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 02:50:52 am »
I only played Grandia 1 for a short time.
It's interesting because you can delay your enemies' action by just attacking them.

Grandia 1 was a highly regarded Sega Saturn exclusive game, for being competitive with Final Fantasy.
Things changed after the game got ported to PS...
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 03:12:47 am »
I only played Grandia 1 for a short time.
It's interesting because you can delay your enemies' action by just attacking them.

Grandia 1 was a highly regarded Sega Saturn exclusive game, for being competitive with Final Fantasy.
Things changed after the game got ported to PS...

Yeah Grandia's fighting style is very unique. It onlt got improved in the later games. In Grandia III there's a circle at the top, half blue, one quater red and one quarter black. Each turn consists of one trip around the circle. When your character is in the black that's when they're effected by status elignments like sleep and paralysis. Durring the blue is just waiting for your turn. Once u get to the beginning of the red yoh can chose an action. When you get to the end of the red the action is carried out. Some actions take longer some taje shorter. Using criticals cancels enemies charge attacks. And the more u usena certain magic or skill the more it levels up, instead of the usual leveling up magic with money at stores kinda thing. It's very unique and very fun

Sorry i rambled on there, i love talking about this game
I agree te ps version of Grandia 1 wasn't as good as the Sega, but it was good enough to  still be enjoyable

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 03:52:52 am »
Yeah Grandia's fighting style is very unique. It onlt got improved in the later games. In Grandia III there's a circle at the top, half blue, one quater red and one quarter black. Each turn consists of one trip around the circle. When your character is in the black that's when they're effected by status elignments like sleep and paralysis. Durring the blue is just waiting for your turn. Once u get to the beginning of the red yoh can chose an action. When you get to the end of the red the action is carried out. Some actions take longer some taje shorter. Using criticals cancels enemies charge attacks. And the more u usena certain magic or skill the more it levels up, instead of the usual leveling up magic with money at stores kinda thing. It's very unique and very fun

Sorry i rambled on there, i love talking about this game
I agree te ps version of Grandia 1 wasn't as good as the Sega, but it was good enough to  still be enjoyable
Woah, calm down.
No, I'm not implying the PS version is bad. You know, the act of porting would be seen as following the "PS" crowd.
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline BinaryPulsar

• Star Member
  • Kore wa pen desu
    • Quotev
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 02:14:30 pm »
Woah, calm down.
No, I'm not implying the PS version is bad. You know, the act of porting would be seen as following the "PS" crowd.

Sowwy, i love this game allot OwO

I've never played the first Grandia, so im just going off what other people said XP