Windbullet: mod, magazine, or machine? O:

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Evil Huepow, Doppleganger, and Amenti  (Read 10993 times)

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 31
  • Inconsistent lurker
Evil Huepow, Doppleganger, and Amenti
« on: July 22, 2014, 03:51:07 am »
(I already posted these on Tumblr but why the hell not here as well)
I've found the Klonoa goldmine in an old Namco website made for Door to Phantomile eons ago. In there, there's quite a bit of info that we've (or at least most of us) have never dug up.

Website link: http://www.bandainamcogames.co.jp/cs/list/klonoa/relay-essay/index.html

It's all in Japanese and I can barely read it, most of it having to go through annoying Google translations. First up, we have a side of Huepow that has never been mentioned outside of the website and interviews there:

I've yet to get a clear translation on the information about this. But yeah, there's Huepow being a meaniebutt to Klonoa. From what I could get out of Google, it said something like Klonoa having to use his own spirit(???) to make the ring function... or something like that. Can't trust GUGGLE with this.

Next up is Klonoa's evil copycat (this is in the same page as evil Huepow's, and the page title is translated to "Klonoa Klonoa").

I haven't gotten to deciphering any of this picture's commentary either as I lost trust in Google after the Huepow one. If anybody can help out, that'd be neato.

So obviously this is Klonoa but in different attire and fur color. Blinky is chasing Pac-Man on his cap instead of Pac-Man eating a pellet. In the background, we can see evil Huepow again along with the early version of Joka. And with those two, there seems to be two of the priests from Corona. From how it's illustrated, maybe those two and Huepow were possessed with something Joka put on them? Can't really say for sure but that's really the only conclusion I can come to. if I could read the speech bubbles I might be able to find out what's the haps.

Finally, we have the first ever protagonist created for this game (before it was ever named "Klonoa"). This is Amenti/Amenty:

From I could read from this, the original plot involved saving others somehow, and something about parts of other robots? I can't really remember and I don't wanna bother with Booger again, but it's something close to that. The idea of this game was scrapped afterwards and Klonoa came into the scene.

That's all I got for this one. Hope you guys enjoyed it!

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Inconsistent lurker
Re: Evil Huepow, Doppleganger, and Amenti
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 03:57:23 am »
More pictures of Amenti:

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 04:05:09 am »
Hmmm. In need of translating, I presume? Ask Shiroemon, he's an expert on this sort of thing.

In any case, I've sorta seen these imges before, so it's not all that new. BUT...I don't remember seeing a translation of that particular page. In any case, the evil Klonoa is particularly interesting, if not for a similair concept from the ShiftyLook comics, in the form of Nightmare Klonoa. (though, that version is monochrome, more spiky, and has sharper boots/hat/gloves/collar/ect, and just more sinister looking in general...)

Still, it's a good find. I don't think anyone's actually made a topic about it, yet.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 04:12:17 am »
Hmmm. In need of translating, I presume? Ask Shiroemon, he's an expert on this sort of thing.

In any case, I've sorta seen these imges before, so it's not all that new. BUT...I don't remember seeing a translation of that particular page. In any case, the evil Klonoa is particularly interesting, if not for a similair concept from the ShiftyLook comics, in the form of Nightmare Klonoa. (though, that version is monochrome, more spiky, and has sharper boots/hat/gloves/collar/ect, and just more sinister looking in general...)

Still, it's a good find. I don't think anyone's actually made a topic about it, yet.

I'll contact him about it if we ever meet. Thanks for the feedback, too~

I am curious if SL did get the idea for that Klonoa from the one here, probably not but there's a possibility.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 02:10:41 pm »
I've seen this odd red Klonoa before thanks for bringing that to attention on the forums. I never could make much sense of it from the website since I don't know any Japanese aside from a few words here and there.

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2014, 02:16:24 pm »
I've seen this odd red Klonoa before thanks for bringing that to attention on the forums. I never could make much sense of it from the website since I don't know any Japanese aside from a few words here and there.

No problemo uvu

Offline NebulaVista

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 14
  • Archivist Extraordinaire
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2014, 03:22:09 pm »

I'll contact him about it if we ever meet. Thanks for the feedback, too~

I am curious if SL did get the idea for that Klonoa from the one here, probably not but there's a possibility.

It would make sense. They both have the same design on their hat to say the least. Aside from that, they don't look all that similar.

Offline CacmanZero

• Moo
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 56
  • Moo's Dreams
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 04:00:56 am »
1UP: It seems like there was an almost Egyptian theme to some of that.

HY: Actually, the [Egyptian design, not shown] was a draft that wasn’t approved. Theother is the one that was approved. The background is that a human being is imported into a stone figure… In Japanese history, we have these stone dolls from ancient times. That’s the theme of it. A human being’s soul is pushed into it, the stone figure, and how that soul tries to get back to being a human was the idea behind the story.

Yoshihiko Arawi and Hideo Yoshizawa what name is Egyptian robot studying written communication think person H · P · Lovecraft of the Cthulhu Mythos book studying to Klonoa's hat "Shady" design the nightmare to be announced.  :unsure:

http://powerful.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2010-03-19

« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 04:02:38 am by KlonoaWahooWind2014 »

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2014, 04:16:55 am »
I never thought the pink Klonoa would've been Shady, forgot about that name being in the early stages x_x

Also, thank you for sending in the article. Reading that now makes me want to see all of that in action.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 03:20:33 pm by Aura24, Reason: Merging double post. »

Offline CacmanZero

• Moo
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 56
  • Moo's Dreams
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2014, 06:11:43 am »
I never thought the pink Klonoa would've been Shady, forgot about that name being in the early stages x_x

Also, thank you for sending in the article. Reading that now makes me want to see all of that in action.

@Aura24 edit two ready why think confused.  :confused:

@LazerSunfish two ready waiting but enough dammit.  :(