Don't trust flying fish. Especially Karal.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: The possible average new member introduction.  (Read 2756 times)

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 15
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
The possible average new member introduction.
« on: November 30, 2021, 10:23:37 pm »
Hi, i'm Caio de Freitas de Lima! But my nick name is rapappa the pepper.

I actually went back here to edit this post, it was my first, but i feel like, a different kid already, my old posts are getting quite dated.  :unsure:

So yeah, i'm as old as Team Fortress 2, like, exactly as old as it, coincidentally.  :embarassed:

I'm here because, i like forums, i like old stuff  :big_smile:, and, this place just, seems special, as special as Klonoa, and because there is quite a lot of history here, some times i wonder, where do these old members go? I wish to one day get to meet them all, they seem cool and all, i'm quite late to the party i guess...  :(

And, it was the first social Klonoa site i found out about, so, yeah, since i was finding out about Klonoa again after almost a decade, i absolutely would jump over here, and speaking of which...

Well, i forgot about Klonoa for the longest time, there were a few things stuck in my mind however, like how i would make balloons out of the enemies, and the song that would play in 1-1... I however, never knew the name of the game really, i just knew it was a game i played on the Wii, i played it around 2012, i was around, 5 years old?  :embarassed:

But yeah, it was a game i just never found it again, until around 2021 or so... Caddicarus, Caddicarus was a channel i used to watch and quite like, until i watched a review of his, about a game called Klonoa - Door to Phantomile, and i was like "this, is so, familiar, this game, wasn't it on the Wii? WAIT IT WAS! IT'S THAT GAME!"  :O So i played the Playstation version of that game, and i bloody adored it, more than appreciated it, i was "in love"... I then went to check out the Wii version of this game again, and, i wasn't very happy with it actually... I thought this version was just terrible around this time, and then i found out that, there were more games actually outside of these, i gave them a shot around this time as well but, i didn't like them as much, i guess i was just having a Klonoa fatigue...  :sick:

So yeah, nowadays, i do quite like Lunatea's Veil, and i'll defend the Wii re-make, because, it's not THAAAAT bad really,  i think it's over-hated, even if the Playstation version, was indeed better, and hey, thank it for me here, nowadays i'm trying to keep a hold of this forum, and it seems to be working.  :hey:

I have PTSDs from Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series, which when i made this post, it wasn't released yet, but, now in the re-do, it exists, and, oh my god, i just don't want to bring it up, and, i'd be very thankful for you not to... It simply just, doesn't feel like a Klonoa game, as in, special, it just, feels like, a game ever released, and for a game i deeply care for, it, just, upsets me, i want Klonoa to do well, and i want this to be the ultimate version of Klonoa, with better re-play value (Klonoa's greatest weakness), unlockable portable games, and such, but, it's just not here any of it! Besides, it all looks ugly and rushed, the atmosphere is lacking with with the same overly colorful generic lighting for almost everything, clearly Namco put a tiny budget and time for it, and, well, enough said...

Now that my history with Klonoa is out of the way...

Here's what i like:  ;)
-Bomberman.
-Street Fighter, Virtua Fighter.
-Sega & Saturn. (not just Sonic primarily)
-Dragon Ball. (more so Dragon Ball Classic)
-VALVe games.
-If it's old tech i probably will like it.

And for what i do, hmmmmm, i make music, using MIDI technology, since many 90s games used MIDI, even if pre-recorded, including Door to Phantomile and Lunatea's Veil used MIDI, and, i guess i like drawing traditionally instead of digitally, as of now, i use pens, pencils, water colors, and accrylic! I wish to become a traditional animator... I also make 3D models (in a mostly XBOX 360 quality), and can animate in 3D as well, but, i don't really do much of both with high frequency compared to both of these.

So, yeah, happy times, sad times, angry times, chill times, all sorts of times, can be had and hoped to be had here.  :smile2:

I want a girlfriend i guess...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2023, 11:42:10 am by rapappa the pepper, Reason: Complete re-do »
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline Randomizer

• Villain in Training
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 33
  • The Regular Army is no more
Re: The possible average new member introduction.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2021, 10:24:47 pm »
Cool story bro ;D

Also, welcome to the Collective, pepper :smile2:

Hope you don't mind me calling you that :embarassed:

• Hero
  • I do want a soulmate.
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2021, 11:50:07 am »
Well i don't mind if you call me Pepper, reminds me of Lego Island, Pepper Oni, in which ppl call him without the Oni since, would you really call some one by his full name every time?

I keep re-visiting these forums, about every day, even if there are around 3 online users, or maybe 5, ehhh, no activity at all.  :sleeping:

I would like to know what are the user activity standards here, any explanation?

I also re-played the Wii re-make after a decade, to be honest, it's not a bad re-make, the enviroments looks INCREDIBLE for a Wii game! but, the cutscenes are just, kinda lame, the animations are bland, some times doesnt match with the situation, barely any expressions are used, and some of the re-designed characters, eh dont look as cute, those dudes from Forlock and Jugpot are one of the examples, it's also kinda jarrying that the people from Jugpot had re-designed faces, while the king of Jugpot still is the same as the original, and same happens in the level select.

And Klonoa him-self just looks and sounds older, despite, this being the "1st entry", also the game could've used FMVs with more effects and all, maybe they wanted to show off how good this game looks, so they did not use the FMVs like the original game, but the problem with that, is that looking up-close it just starts to show off the jagged polygons and not so hi-res textures, soo it does'nt really work.

Voice acting is, ok, Klonoa's voice just does not fit, i tough it was because i got used to the original voice, but, i think they wanted to match with his older self, but still did not fit. I already switched to Phantomilian in the options.

Also this game just feels sort of mindless, the game is just much easier than the original, i felt quite underwhelmed that i got to beat the game in less than 3 hours, i mean, i don't usually complain game length, i usually prefer shorter games, problem is, this is just REALLY short and underwhelming, the original game would at least, take me 2 additional hours, i would've liked maybe a hard mode or something since the game was made easier to appeal for the casuals, which is what most of the Wii owners were, i appreciate that, but i would've liked a setting that matches with the original a little more and also more bonuses, that would've been cool specially for this being, a re-make that came out 10 years after the game's release.

I think it's just alright this re-make, but if most of these general complains were fixed, i think it could've been better than the original, but as it is, i dunno what to say, it's just, alright, maybe i'll re-play it twice, but maybe i'll re-play Door to Phantomile more.

also when are the cat pupils gonna be brought back?

Maybe i could've written this review somewhere else, maybe.  :unsure:
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline SerialDreams

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • Huepow! Rupuruduu!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2021, 11:21:59 am »
First off, welcome to the community!
We're always happy to see new faces join in!  :D

I played a little bit of Lunatea's veil after trying to find a working version of PCSX2 (my PS2 is busted), well i got a little dissapointed for now, but i should play more if it to see if it gets better, but if you like it, that's alright,
and also played some other games of the series, i never expected this was a franchise, but i don't even know why was it a good idea after the low sales, probably because it sold alright in Japan.

I would like to know how was your introduction to Klonoa and what are your daily stuff  ;D.

Real quick tip about PCSX2 from my experience, Klonoa 2 runs best on the "software" video render.
Sounds weird, but it works. Only downside is software render for some reason doesn't allow for resolution upscaling.

And on top of that, PCSX2 is kind of embarrassing as an emulator in my opinion.
It takes a monster of a computer to play at full power, and even then there are still hiccups that make it an undesirable experience.

I simply don't understand how PCSX2 could still be so hard to run PS2 games on.

Dolphin, meanwhile, emulates the PS2's and PS3's competitor consoles (the GameCube and Wii) with nary a flaw.

==

As for how I first found out about Klonoa...
well I've told this story before on here before, but eh, whatever.

There used to be a Blockbuster Video store down the road from my home when I was around 5 or 6 and I found Klonoa 2 there. Now, unlike the other games there that were rentals, the copy I picked up was a purchasable copy.

From what I remember, not even my mom realized that until we got home.
I was a destructive kid, but I took care of that disc.
Even though the original case is long gone I still have that same copy of Klonoa 2 (with a new case) and it still runs perfectly.

And BOOOOOOOOY am I glad I don't have to replace it.  :drowned:
Just search up "Klonoa 2" on eBay and let your jaw hit the floor at the scalping going on.

WATA is to blame for that I think, but I'm gonna cut myself off here before I lose myself in a tangent about them. If you want to know? Go watch Karl Jobst's videos about them on YouTube.
"Wahii, rupurudu!" = "Okay, let's go!"

• Hero
  • I do want a soulmate.
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2021, 11:59:20 am »
Well i play PS2 games on PCSX2 in Direct 3D, and it runs almost flawlessly, Software in the other hand, is running trough the Software (duh), and it isn't powerful enough to run it, even a NASA PC would not be able to run it flawlessly.

However, Software, displays some special effects that can not be displayed trough GL and D3D, one of the most noticable ones being fog.

But i think it's just fine, i could not really spot noticable imperfections.

By the way, how can Lolo have the same exact powers as Hewpoe? (or Huepow) And even be compatible with the ring? I dunno, maybe later on there is an explanation to that, but if it worked with the ring, maybe there is another ring in this world?  :confused:

From now, it feels like a very safe sequel, i am not all that interested on resuming it for, Lunatea just being so similar to Phantomile, i don't feel like this is a new world being exposed to me.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2021, 03:50:29 am »
hey there and welcome to the collective

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2021, 07:15:24 am »
Hi and welcome. Hope you enjoy your time here.
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

• Hero
  • I do want a soulmate.
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2021, 08:13:07 pm »
Well, hello there.  ;)
And thanks.

I am almost finishing Moonlight Museum, i'm at the 5th "chapter" already.
This game, eeeeehhhhh, it is painfully average most of it, most puzzles are quite mindless, there are some puzzles that stands out i know,
but most of it feels so filler, no thinking, not that exciting, and the music is quite forgetable.  :sad_face:

But visually i think it has a charm, despite being in monochrome, i kinda like it, this game does have good ideas but it's just not a good game really. It just makes me want to play Empire of Dreams or it's sequel.

Offline Warp

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • Blasting music 24/7
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2021, 01:37:38 pm »
Yo, welcome to the collective!

• Hero
  • I do want a soulmate.
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2021, 10:18:57 pm »
Hello, again i guess.  :)

I've been working on this on the last few days, this is mostly just a test model, since back then i would never do a reference image, and that is the perfect recipe for chaos, but now i do, and so far, it's going out pretty well i guess, and i originally expected this to have a PS2 model quality, but it kinda looks more like a XBOX 360 quality.

And that image on the back is a reference if you're wondering, i might do other variants of it, and maybe other characters.