You can't hate Popka. He's a jerk with a heart of gold.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Poll

What time(s) are best for Movie/Game Night streams?

2-3pm EST
0 (0%)
3-5pm EST
1 (11.1%)
6-8pm EST
6 (66.7%)
9-11pm EST
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Movie/Game Night Changes  (Read 1781 times)

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
Movie/Game Night Changes
« on: August 28, 2015, 11:34:04 pm »
Hey, so we've noticed not a whole lot of people have been coming to Movie/Game nights lately, so we're going to be trying a few changes to see if it helps. Mostly just trying different times for streams.
For now we're changing Movie/Game nights to be at 5pm EST on Fridays and Saturdays respectively.

But, if anyone has any feedback on what would be a better time, please say so! I'm putting a poll for it, but some more in-depth feedback would really be appreciated, too.

Offline CacmanZero

• Moo
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 56
  • Moo's Dreams
Re: Movie/Game Night Changes
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2015, 07:18:15 am »
@Vokadae overwhelming in work should wake up movie "Vokadae sleeping tired." alone school waiting scary.  :(

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2015, 07:29:52 am »
5PM is...CLOSE too an ideal time, though it doesn't feel quite late enough. Like, the 6-8 range makes more sense, maybe the stream could start at 7 EST? That seems like a fair-ish time.

Though, there's also the fact that streamed content may not intrigue anyone watching, or perhaps it's just that there's not many people on the site in general. To be honest, I've been skipping out on Movie Night solely because I've had other things going on, and I just...lose interest when there's not a lot of people around, so playing it earlier wouldn't do much for me. I guess I'm saying I like crowded streams that have really breezy-free constantly being shot up, and on the Movie/game night streams, I feel like I have to "slow my roll" due to being probably the only person wanting to COMMENT on the stream half the time, which...makes it feel empty, usually. Probably why I watch TPP so often: it's a lot more discussion on the stream at hand, and thus a lot of hilarious comments get put out that make it worth my constant viewing. Anyways, that's just my two cents.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2015, 01:52:39 pm »
5PM is...CLOSE too an ideal time, though it doesn't feel quite late enough. Like, the 6-8 range makes more sense, maybe the stream could start at 7 EST? That seems like a fair-ish time.

Though, there's also the fact that streamed content may not intrigue anyone watching, or perhaps it's just that there's not many people on the site in general. To be honest, I've been skipping out on Movie Night solely because I've had other things going on, and I just...lose interest when there's not a lot of people around, so playing it earlier wouldn't do much for me. I guess I'm saying I like crowded streams that have really breezy-free constantly being shot up, and on the Movie/game night streams, I feel like I have to "slow my roll" due to being probably the only person wanting to COMMENT on the stream half the time, which...makes it feel empty, usually. Probably why I watch TPP so often: it's a lot more discussion on the stream at hand, and thus a lot of hilarious comments get put out that make it worth my constant viewing. Anyways, that's just my two cents.
I agree that 7pm is a better time, but I was told to put it at 5 so that's what it's gotta be at least for today @_@
If it doesn't work any better then we can try 7

Also Sable the whole point of changing the time is to ideally find that "just right" timeslot where more people can come. So if your thing is not liking empty streams, and moving the timeslot results in more people attending, then yes, it will do something for you :P
IMO not attending just because no one else does is kinda self-defeating anyway. You can't say you wish more people would come, and then not show up yourself (when you're not busy with something else, of course)