Klonoa Collective: Where our official ship is Joka x Janga.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: How do you feel about Moonlight Museum?  (Read 1204 times)

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 15
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
How do you feel about Moonlight Museum?
« on: May 10, 2023, 08:11:55 pm »
It's strange...

I feel like i keep wanting to go back to this game from time to time more than the other games in the whole series...  :unsure: And the thing is, i think this game is just, okay! Not really fenomenal like Door to Phantomile... I believe it has to do with, the world of this game and monochrome style of this game, the music and such...  :unsure: Something usually Klonoa is at its best, are in its worlds indeed...

What do you think and feel about this game? Do you have a similar feeling?
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/

Offline PhantomShiba

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
  • Your (probably) exhausted nerd
Re: How do you feel about Moonlight Museum?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2023, 08:17:09 pm »
It's strange...

I feel like i keep wanting to go back to this game from time to time more than the other games in the whole series...  :unsure: And the thing is, i think this game is just, okay! Not really fenomenal like Door to Phantomile... I believe it has to do with, the world of this game and monochrome style of this game, the music and such...  :unsure: Something usually Klonoa is at its best, are in its worlds indeed...

What do you think and feel about this game? Do you have a similar feeling?
I mean the underwhelming feeling is probably just due to the game not being anything really major, it's interesting but after awhile it just feels off. It is somewhat fun to replay but MM is like once every long time or once awhile kind of game.
-PHANTOM SHIBA (Moxie)-
(Actual age: 15 - I made a mistake on my profile :p)

Offline RAYDEN

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
  • Dreams make a wish come true
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2023, 08:32:08 pm »
It was a cool little way to experiment with Klonoa's initial run, because handheld consoles like the Wonderswan were a huge deal in Japan, so it made sense from a business perspective.

Unfortunately the game itself is quite an acquired taste, much like original Gameboy games. I've only seen it through an Exo review, which is probably all I need to know about it because I can't see myself ever being able to play it outside of emulators.

But the story was an interesting change of pace conpared to the PS1 game, despite taking some strange liberties with continuity. This odd trend would only continue into the rest of the Klonoa handheld games, and to this day we can only speculate if the stories told there might have been strange intermittent dreams that our favorite cabbit just so happened to have between the main titles.
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho

Offline Mr.KokoPudgeFudge

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
  • I'm a guy who thinks way too much
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2023, 02:07:31 pm »
I know it for that funny puzzle face

Offline RAYDEN

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 5
  • Dreams make a wish come true
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2023, 04:51:08 pm »
I know it for that funny puzzle face (Image removed from quote.)

Klonoa's coming for your copy of Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast.
Drink up, me 'earties, yo ho

Offline EthanGold17961

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
  • This profile has a Brazilian nationality
    • Exemplary Сasual Dating Genuine Females
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2023, 01:55:09 am »
it's one of the few very old games that I remember exactly what I did in the game, I remember the story very well and the music too. I consider it a well-made game, any opportunity I would play again

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • ’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste
    • My website
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2023, 08:09:52 am »
It's an interesting oddity, and the main reason I got a Wonderswan. (I got a Crystal model, to be exact)

I beat the game, but it does get really repetitive. The gimmick of using the 2 d-pads in a vertical mode in some levels is neat, though!

To this day the only other game I have for the system is Digimon Battle Spirit 1.5.

It's strange...

That's actually how I feel about it, sometimes I think about it, and decide to replay it, but I never get past a few levels without getting bored. Then I put it away for the next time I feel like I want to play it.

I know it for that funny puzzle face (Image removed from quote.)
Klonoa's coming for your copy of Sonic Adventure for the Dreamcast.

NOO! That's MY copy! Get your own! :screaming:

Offline ThatGuy70 (Mikey)

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 13
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2023, 11:07:14 pm »
Honestly, all I know about this game is that I love the little illustrated cutscenes and I wish there was a classical storybook made based off this game, condensing the game into a sweet little thing to read at night. I’d say the same about DTP, but I dunno if I could read it at night with all the tears in the way.

Nah. Actually I would.

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 15
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2023, 11:17:07 pm »
Oh my god! That's, perfect... I feel like, i should keep this for my self, i know, i might be over-thinking, but what if i make my own for my own children in the future, wouldn't that be so wholesome...  :big_smile:
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/