Once you go Klonoa, you can never go slowa.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Express your Emotions  (Read 1559 times)

Offline SurrealBrain

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 13
  • Goody goody!
Express your Emotions
« on: April 19, 2014, 11:40:43 pm »
Now, this is a subject that I feel should exist in any forum. Basically, you discuss how you feel at the moment of posting. Do you feel good or bad? Need to get something off your chest? Do it here.

As for me, I've been feeling unwelcome in some forums, mainly due to people expressing their opinions as though they're facts, as well as being disrespectful about it, not caring that they're being disrespectful, and the mods doing little to nothing about it.

It gets even more discomforting in the moment I see that at least one of the mods of that forum is a friend of this guy, making me worried that bias is involved in them not doing anything.

This forum hasn't done that to me yet, but then again, it's too early to say for sure.

How do you feel, and why do you feel that way?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 11:44:04 pm by SurrealBrain »

Thanks to FRAYKER for the signature! :)

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
Express your Emotions
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 11:56:55 pm »
Quote from: "SurrealBrain"
Now, this is a subject that I feel should exist in any forum. Basically, you discuss how you feel at the moment of posting. Do you feel good or bad? Need to get something off your chest? Do it here.

As for me, I've been feeling unwelcome in some forums, mainly due to people expressing their opinions as though they're facts, as well as being disrespectful about it, not caring that they're being disrespectful, and the mods doing little to nothing about it.

It gets even more discomforting in the moment I see that at least one of the mods of that forum is a friend of this guy, making me worried that bias is involved in them not doing anything.

This forum hasn't done that to me yet, but then again, it's too early to say for sure.

How do you feel, and why do you feel that way?
Hmm, that is quite the question.

Right now I feel like a got a lot of my plate, that I'm fighting an uphill battle with my personal life, trying to get project and other assorted things straightened out here in the forums, and trying to spend more time on my hobbies that I let die. While it's hard and sometimes feels hopeless, at the same time I feel determined to see it through.

Also, hey if you need to vent, feel free to do it here, just as long as it isn't offensive of course. I would say we do our best to make sure everyone's treated fairly here.

Offline The Kakuzato

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
Express your Emotions
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 09:30:21 pm »
Right now, this gif is kinda how I feel.

For a bit of background, while I haven't been medically tested for it, let alone diagnosed, I have a strong feeling that I am manic-depressive (aka bipolar), partly because of family history, partly because I have pretty much all the symptoms of the conditions.  For anyone that isn't totally familiar with the condition, it's basically where you have "episodes" of depression (which I don't think of as sadness, but rather complete uninterest and... "boredom" with life), and of mania (which I don't particularly feel like explaining. Look it up on Wikipedia.).  So with that out of the way.

If I were forced to describe it, though, I would say that I feel like I'm having both a depressive episode and a manic episode at the same time.  Like I'm just sitting in bed not really knowing what to do, yet the smallest thing is liable to set me off into certain emotions, a long-winded rant (that much should be obvious...), and other things typically associated with mania.

And the strangest part is that it doesn't feel "bad,"  not that it feels "good;" which is what makes it indescribable for me; I can't decide how I feel about... Well, how I feel.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 09:31:02 pm by The Kakuzato »

Offline Gyzyn

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
Express your Emotions
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 11:42:28 am »
If you are willing, it would be helpful to specify your situation on the other forums. It may as well be that you can't differentiate between facts, thesis, arguments and opinions. Nobody has the right to spread misinformation, just because the valid arguments of the other persons upsets him. Also disrespectful? I feel like a lot of people don't know what respect means. Respect is something you can earn in some field by your skills and knowledge, or by your actions. It isn't granted. A lot of people confuse being disrespectful with agression. As long as somebody doesn't break the non agression principle, he is free to share his thesis, arguments and post facts. In fact getting upset over arguments is a form of emotional blackmail, it is selfish, and considered a logical fallacy.