Don't trust flying fish. Especially Karal.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: ♥My 6 Favorite Pokemon Games!♥  (Read 8038 times)

Offline ✩♥Di Gi Charat♥✩

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 46
  • Meteor Mash!!♥
Re: ♥My 6 Favorite Pokemon Games!♥
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2014, 12:20:12 pm »
The only games I recognize on your list is final fantasy and klonoa lol everything else WHAT ARE THOSEEEE x_x
lol I think its totally AWESOME when people are not always involved with mainstream games or mainstream things in general ;D for some reason people like that are super interesting and they have their own unique style!♥ :)

Click to enlarge!♥
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Scroptels Gluzar

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 24
    • Pixiv
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2014, 12:41:40 pm »
Aww, thank you. (Ñushhh! You guys!)

Not everything mainstream is bad however, let's not get off topic though, hee hee.

Offline ✩♥Di Gi Charat♥✩

• Hero in Training
  • Meteor Mash!!♥
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2014, 12:51:06 pm »
lol I know its just its not everyday you meet people like that! :D
YES WE MUST GET BACK ON TRACK! i'll be making a new thread soon anyways :)
hmm I wonder what I should write about :unsure:

Click to enlarge!♥

Offline MightyFan217

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
  • ムゲンドラモン
    • MightyFan217 YouTube Channel
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2014, 03:04:26 pm »
So... Top 6 Favorite Pokemon games... 6 Generations... Hmmm... A hard choice indeed... But nevertheless, I shall list my favorite generations in the proper order. (BEWARE OF SPOILERS BELOW THIS POINT!!!)

So, let's begin with...

NUMBER 6: POKEMON DIAMOND AND PEARL

Imagine yourself as this; you're an autistic kid who just got done beating the Elite Four in Pokemon Ruby after Christmas has passed, then 2004 comes along with Destiny Deoxys and reveals a new Pokemon; Munchlax, who I squeed when I saw it evolve into SNORLAX of all things, which happened to be one of my favorite Pokemon in the anime. Then we have the reveal of the starters. At the time, I HATED Chimchar for being a chimp, but did that stop my hype? HECK NO, now sit back down and lemme finish here! When my birthday came around and I got Pokemon Diamond as my primary present, my first starter was Piplup, and the cycle from past experiences with Ruby was once again in motion, cycling through all three starters to clear the game. Sadly that never happened til around 2011, but it was always so fist pumping whenever I came very close to beating Cynthia ever since I got the game. The only reason D/P rank the lowest on my list is because of the fact it didn't quite live up to my initial hype for the game, as well as when I look back on it, the pair haven't really aged well by comparison to older games beforehand.

NUMBER 5: POKEMON GOLD AND SILVER

Now you're probably asking yourself, "Why so low on the list?". I will answer that. Like D/P, they have not aged well. Not that the games are bad, far from it actually, but because of the battery that Gen I, II, and R/S/E relied on to either save games, or in R/S/E's case, use an in-game clock. This resulted in a few bugs as a result, but one unexpected one happened with Gen II, which as a result of the in-game clock, essentially drained the battery much faster than it did with Gen I games. So, most cartridges you'll see for Gen II nowadays most likely won't be able to save their games at all. That issue out of the way, let me get into the positives about the game.
Now then, G/S starts us off with a region that features new starters, new Pokemon, new ways to train and evolve our Mons, and overall is a much more better handled experience than Gen I. However, the main issue with G/S is that despite the fact there is both Kanto and Johto, I like to overall consider both regions as simply one giant region, as Johto cannot function by itself without Kanto involved. Now compared to Kalos, it's not because there's so few mons introduced, but rather, the Gym Leaders, Elite Four, and Champion all utilize a majority Kanto based Pokemon. Kalos could get away with this, but Gen II had no excuse whatsoever since it had plenty of Pokemon to use for the gyms and league as a whole. Nevertheless, the mechanics introduced would forever change Pokemon as we knew it from then on.
Despite all of Gen II's flaws, it's a standard Pokemon game, and it's not really pretending to be anything else.

NUMBER 4: POKEMON RED AND BLUE

THE ORIGINALS, and in the lower-mid of the list, the only reason they don't rank higher is because of how unwell the games have aged. Their mechanics are vastly different from modern games, and the Pokemon sprites don't generally match what they look like now. Did that ever stop me from enjoying these games? NOPE. With my original Nuzlocke, I had accomplish a successful run of the original games, using the least popular starter for a Nuzlocke for this region (Squirtle). What did I learn during my Nuzlocke? That Kanto is actually able to be accomplished as any in-game run despite it's faults, and that Kanto is not as hard of a region as it may seem. The Rival in this gen actually had a purpose, but it does make me question, who was the Champion before Blue showed up? Personally I never liked Blue as a Champion, but at the same time, he's the ONLY Rival I can imagine actually taking this slot due to his ego and overall attitude. Has R/B aged well? No. Are they terrible? No. It's simple nostalgia and nothing more that makes these games higher up on the list than G/S, and that's how it always shall be for me.

NUMBER 3: POKEMON RUBY AND SAPPHIRE

You're probably wondering why R/S isn't in the Top 2 or something. At least it's in the Top 3 of the games, and not anywhere lower. I have my reasons, but they are actually fairly petty and easy to ignore. R/S, compared to other Generations, has aged fairly better than even D/P. The games have a high speed to the gameplay, there's no catching tutorial (Correction, there IS, but unlike all the others, this one is VERY plot relevant), and the player character actually has a father who happens to be a gym leader in the game. Now, THAT is impressive to say the least. Not to mention Steven Stone makes for an awesome Champion. The games Pokemon certainly have a nice taste to them, and Aggron is a definitive favorite for me each time I'm asked about my favorite Pokemon. So, with that said, I'm looking forward to OR/AS this November.

NUMBER 2: POKEMON BLACK AND WHITE

When these games were announced, my hype was minimal at best. I was in an age where Pokemon didn't really mean much to me anymore than it used to, and I was in a state of depression that couldn't be fixed by anything at all. Then further information of these games were revealed, from Zorua and Zoroark, to the three Starter Pokemon, and then finally the Legendary Mascots; Reshiram and Zekrom. Zekrom is much like Aggron for this Gen, in which Zekrom is single handedly my favorite Pokemon introduced in Gen V, with the only rival being Emboar. Oh, and who could forget the fact Pokemon actually broke the trend with the story and actually made the Gym Leaders useful, and how the main villain is actually something VERY different from what we're used to seeing, primarily N, and then watching as Ghetsis goes through his rampaging breakdown at the end and sicking his Hydreigon on all of us after a harsh speech to every character in the room just to prove how insane this guy is for a Pokemon villain. Did I mention he actually tries to KILL the player in B2/W2?! Luckily N was able to save you from death, but even then no other villain I've seen had the guts to outright attempt murder there. Talk about hardcore for once!

Now then, my most favorite games...

NUMBER 1: POKEMON X AND Y

"It's been 3000 years..."

Pokemon had never been so important to my life before ever since B/W, and with that in mind, I became a Pokemon fanatic for what'll be the rest of my days. Pokemon had saved me from depression with Gen V, and Gen VI is helping me stay out of depression yet again. I'm living a much happier life now because of Pokemon, and I had never felt so content to actually own BOTH versions upon release day. This is the first Generation in which I make it a habit of mine to actually buy both versions when a game is released, so I would be able to acquire version exclusives without much difficulty. Not to mention the fact I completed the National Dex in both Gen V and now Gen VI, and needing only the last three event Pokemon to actually complete my PokeDex. I'd have to say, the ONLY complaint I have about Gen VI is the lack of Legendary Pokemon introduced, with over half of them being events, and only three of the total of six being available in-game, those being the mascot trio. Speaking of which, I'll definitely find it interesting to see what exactly they decide to do with Zygarde, since it's abilities seem to try and hinder Xerneas and Yveltal, but it's typing and stats are lackluster. I'm especially intrigued by how alien the thing looks compared to other Pokemon.

Now you have it folks, my top six Pokemon games for my own choice. What all do you guys think of my list?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 01:22:09 pm by MightyFan217 »

3DS Friend Code:
Marty
3695-0507-9451
Note: PM me before asking for any meetings on Pokémon X/Y, ΩR/αS, Fantasy Life, or Super Smash Bros. for 3DS please.

Even if you're not a Digimon fan, sign this and SPREAD THE WORD!

Offline ✩♥Di Gi Charat♥✩

• Hero in Training
  • Meteor Mash!!♥
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2014, 05:50:28 pm »
So... Top 6 Favorite Pokemon games... 6 Generations... Hmmm... A hard choice indeed... But nevertheless, I shall list my favorite generations in the proper order. (BEWARE OF SPOILERS BELOW THIS POINT!!!)

So, let's begin with...

NUMBER 6: POKEMON DIAMOND AND PEARL
(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Imagine yourself as this; you're an autistic kid who just got done beating the Elite Four in Pokemon Ruby after Christmas has passed, then 2004 comes along with Destiny Deoxys and reveals a new Pokemon; Munchlax, who I squeed when I saw it evolve into SNORLAX of all things, which happened to be one of my favorite Pokemon in the anime. Then we have the reveal of the starters. At the time, I HATED Chimchar for being a chimp, but did that stop my hype? HECK NO, now sit back down and lemme finish here! When my birthday came around and I got Pokemon Diamond as my primary present, my first starter was Piplup, and the cycle from past experiences with Ruby was once again in motion, cycling through all three starters to clear the game. Sadly that never happened til around 2011, but it was always so fist pumping whenever I came very close to beating Cynthia ever since I got the game. The only reason D/P rank the lowest on my list is because of the fact it didn't quite live up to my initial hype for the game, as well as when I look back on it, the pair haven't really aged well by comparison to older games beforehand.

NUMBER 5: POKEMON GOLD AND SILVER

Now you're probably asking yourself, "Why so low on the list?". I will answer that. Like D/P, they have not aged well. Not that the games are bad, far from it actually, but because of the battery that Gen I, II, and R/S/E relied on to either save games, or in R/S/E's case, use an in-game clock. This resulted in a few bugs as a result, but one unexpected one happened with Gen II, which as a result of the in-game clock, essentially drained the battery much faster than it did with Gen I games. So, most cartridges you'll see for Gen II nowadays most likely won't be able to save their games at all. That issue out of the way, let me get into the positives about the game.
Now then, G/S starts us off with a region that features new starters, new Pokemon, new ways to train and evolve our Mons, and overall is a much more better handled experience than Gen I. However, the main issue with G/S is that despite the fact there is both Kanto and Johto, I like to overall consider both regions as simply one giant region, as Johto cannot function by itself without Kanto involved. Now compared to Kalos, it's not because there's so few mons introduced, but rather, the Gym Leaders, Elite Four, and Champion all utilize a majority Kanto based Pokemon. Kalos could get away with this, but Gen II had no excuse whatsoever since it had plenty of Pokemon to use for the gyms and league as a whole. Nevertheless, the mechanics introduced would forever change Pokemon as we knew it from then on.
Despite all of Gen II's flaws, it's a standard Pokemon game, and it's not really pretending to be anything else.

NUMBER 4: POKEMON RED AND BLUE

THE ORIGINALS, and in the lower-mid of the list, the only reason they don't rank higher is because of how unwell the games have aged. Their mechanics are vastly different from modern games, and the Pokemon sprites don't generally match what they look like now. Did that ever stop me from enjoying these games? NOPE. With my original Nuzlocke, I had accomplish a successful run of the original games, using the least popular starter for a Nuzlocke for this region (Squirtle). What did I learn during my Nuzlocke? That Kanto is actually able to be accomplished as any in-game run despite it's faults, and that Kanto is not as hard of a region as it may seem. The Rival in this gen actually had a purpose, but it does make me question, who was the Champion before Blue showed up? Personally I never liked Blue as a Champion, but at the same time, he's the ONLY Rival I can imagine actually taking this slot due to his ego and overall attitude. Has R/B aged well? No. Are they terrible? No. It's simple nostalgia and nothing more that makes these games higher up on the list than G/S, and that's how it always shall be for me.

NUMBER 3: POKEMON RUBY AND SAPPHIRE

You're probably wondering why R/S isn't in the Top 2 or something. At least it's in the Top 3 of the games, and not anywhere lower. I have my reasons, but they are actually fairly petty and easy to ignore. R/S, compared to other Generations, has aged fairly better than even D/P. The games have a high speed to the gameplay, there's no catching tutorial, and the player character actually has a father who happens to be a gym leader in the game. Now, THAT is impressive to say the least. Not to mention Steven Stone makes for an awesome Champion. The games Pokemon certainly have a nice taste to them, and Aggron is a definitive favorite for me each time I'm asked about my favorite Pokemon. So, with that said, I'm looking forward to OR/AS this November.

NUMBER 2: POKEMON BLACK AND WHITE

When these games were announced, my hype was minimal at best. I was in an age where Pokemon didn't really mean much to me anymore than it used to, and I was in a state of depression that couldn't be fixed by anything at all. Then further information of these games were revealed, from Zorua and Zoroark, to the three Starter Pokemon, and then finally the Legendary Mascots; Reshiram and Zekrom. Zekrom is much like Aggron for this Gen, in which Zekrom is single handedly my favorite Pokemon introduced in Gen V, with the only rival being Emboar. Oh, and who could forget the fact Pokemon actually broke the trend with the story and actually made the Gym Leaders useful, and how the main villain is actually something VERY different from what we're used to seeing, primarily N, and then watching as Ghetsis goes through his rampaging breakdown at the end and sicking his Hydreigon on all of us after a harsh speech to every character in the room just to prove how insane this guy is for a Pokemon villain. Did I mention he actually tries to KILL the player in B2/W2?! Luckily N was able to save you from death, but even then no other villain I've seen had the guts to outright attempt murder there. Talk about hardcore for once!

Now then, my most favorite games...

NUMBER 1: POKEMON X AND Y

"It's been 3000 years..."

Pokemon had never been so important to my life before ever since B/W, and with that in mind, I became a Pokemon fanatic for what'll be the rest of my days. Pokemon had saved me from depression with Gen V, and Gen VI is helping me stay out of depression yet again. I'm living a much happier life now because of Pokemon, and I had never felt so content to actually own BOTH versions upon release day. This is the first Generation in which I make it a habit of mine to actually buy both versions when a game is released, so I would be able to acquire version exclusives without much difficulty. Not to mention the fact I completed the National Dex in both Gen V and now Gen VI, and needing only the last three event Pokemon to actually complete my PokeDex. I'd have to say, the ONLY complaint I have about Gen VI is the lack of Legendary Pokemon introduced, with over half of them being events, and only three of the total of six being available in-game, those being the mascot trio. Speaking of which, I'll definitely find it interesting to see what exactly they decide to do with Zygarde, since it's abilities seem to try and hinder Xerneas and Yveltal, but it's typing and stats are lackluster. I'm especially intrigued by how alien the thing looks compared to other Pokemon.

Now you have it folks, my top six Pokemon games for my own choice. What all do you guys think of my list?

Hi MightyFan217! :D I'm just gonna say MightyFan lol
Even though I don't like X/Y I have to admit that I still enjoyed your list!♥ I like how you included each generation with the matching sprites and as well as you was listing your favorites, you told us a story that people could truly relate to :)
AND OH MY GOSH I AM GLAD B/W MADE YOU INTERESTED IN POKEMON AGAIN :O Its not fun being depressed so I am glad pokemon was able to cheer you up!♥ Thanks so much for sharing your list! :)
you know I wouldve responded little by little like I did Sable-Xeno but im awfully lazy at the moment lol x_x
Take care alright :D

Click to enlarge!♥

Offline MightyFan217

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
  • ムゲンドラモン
    • MightyFan217 YouTube Channel
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2014, 04:13:14 pm »
Hi MightyFan217! :D I'm just gonna say MightyFan lol
Even though I don't like X/Y I have to admit that I still enjoyed your list!♥ I like how you included each generation with the matching sprites and as well as you was listing your favorites, you told us a story that people could truly relate to :)
AND OH MY GOSH I AM GLAD B/W MADE YOU INTERESTED IN POKEMON AGAIN :O Its not fun being depressed so I am glad pokemon was able to cheer you up!♥ Thanks so much for sharing your list! :)
you know I wouldve responded little by little like I did Sable-Xeno but im awfully lazy at the moment lol x_x
Take care alright :D

Please, just call me Mighty. That's literally what everyone else calls me. X_X
But in all honesty, I don't exactly quite see why you hate Pokemon X and Y so much, and why yours and Sables list was more focused on spin-off games than the actual main series games. I mean I just find it kind of odd how I was the only one to actually focus solely on the main series as a whole.

Though if I can add a few other favorite details about each pair of games on my list:

NUMBER 6: D/P
-Most powerful Legendaries lore-wise.
-Sinnoh is a good region in terms of looks to be honest.
-Most practical changes to how moves worked.
-Most Viable Normal Pokemon (Lucario).
-These games helped keep my interest in Pokemon long enough until I permanently became a Pokemon fan with B/W's announcement.

NUMBER 5: G/S
-Roaming Legendaries with an actual reason as to why they roam.
-Slightly longer than the average game.
-Ability to face Red, the player character from R/B.
-Balancing out the type match-ups in terms of what effects what now.

NUMBER 4: R/B
-The region was easy to understand in terms of where you had to go.
-In-game unlockables encouraged PokeDex Completion.
-Favorite Starter Pokemon (Blastoise).
-Most Viable Legendary (Mewtwo).

NUMBER 3: R/S
-Region was absolutely beautiful on the GBA.
-The Legendaries actually did stuff in terms of living up to their names.
-Two Villainous Teams, neither of which actually evil in nature.
-Player character has a Dad who is a Gym Leader.
-Catching Tutorial is a Plot Point for later on.
-These games defined my childhood and early interests in Pokemon.

NUMBER 2: B/W
-These games single handedly got me back into Pokemon.
-The isolated factor helped me pick my team more easily than prior regions.
-Team Plasma was a VASTLY different approach to a villain than any other Pokemon antagonist.
-You actually get to pit Reshiram and Zekrom against each other in the climax, and their initial signature move have BEASTLY animations.
-All sprites are animated constantly.
-The overworld graphics were amped up compared to D/P.
-The Legendaries had a more artsy approach to them (Swords of Justice).
-N. Nothing more I need to say here.
-Giving Mewtwo the only move it needs to bypass the only Pokemon that stood in it's way every other game (Psystrike).
-Giving other Pokemon similar moves in which to bypass Chansey/Blissey (Psyshock and Secret Sword).
-Best theme for the Boss of the villainous team.

NUMBER 1: X/Y
-Helping further save me from depression.
-Being fully 3D with it's graphics, as in Polygons instead of sprites.
-Most beautiful game visually.
-Mega Evolutions give older Pokemon new buffs. Four Stage Evolutions now effectively being possible because of it, in addition to evolving Legendaries.
-Most needed buffed for a veteran Pokemon (Charizard).
-Making Mewtwo even more deadly than it was originally.
-Very different approach to Legendary Mascots in designs (A Megaloceras and a Bearded Vulture instead of Dragons).
-Very alien and unique looking Legendary (Zygarde).
-A non-legendary equal to my main uses for Thundurus (Klefki).
-Favorite Mega Evolution (Mega Blastoise).
-Ending is MUCH more appreciative towards the player character than any of the past games.
-AZ. I legitimately thought I was high when I saw this 10 foot giant for the first time.
-Lysandre essentially being Cyrus done right in terms of character.
-Team Flare making up for their silliness by attempting MASS GENOCIDE.
-Best Viable Starter Introduced (Greninja).
-Pokemon-Amie proving to be much more useful than I initially was led on.
-Super Training. Nuff said.
-Character Customization.
-A mom who has more personality than some of the others before her.
-Having four rivals who are more actual friends than actual rivals. Nice change of pace.
-The ship tease moment with Shauna early in the game. Just. Adorable. :embarassed:
-Best remix of the Kanto Wild Pokemon Music to use specifically for the Birds and Mewtwo.
-Epic introduction to Mega Evolutions with the Lucario 1v1 dual.
-MUCH needed nerf to Dragon Types. Everyone else might deny it, but Dragons became far too powerful to the point they reminded me of Gen I's Psychic Types when Gen V came along.

3DS Friend Code:
Marty
3695-0507-9451
Note: PM me before asking for any meetings on Pokémon X/Y, ΩR/αS, Fantasy Life, or Super Smash Bros. for 3DS please.

Even if you're not a Digimon fan, sign this and SPREAD THE WORD!

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2014, 05:06:06 pm »
But in all honesty, I don't exactly quite see why you hate Pokemon X and Y so much, and why yours and Sables list was more focused on spin-off games than the actual main series games. I mean I just find it kind of odd how I was the only one to actually focus solely on the main series as a whole.

Well, it's because I felt like giving them a little more attention. Since they're spin-offs, they're a bit more different from the main games. Really, have you ever seen anyone talk about Pokemon Channel anymore? And I was simply listing my favorite Pokemon games- as it stands, Explorers of Sky is my favorite spin-off.

But if you want, I can talk about the two main-series I skipped over-

Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen

I did like these remakes, and I enjoyed playing the originals, too. They just have a certain magic about them, though they may seem a bit outdated, compared to the newer installments...but they do have an interesting story perspective, one slightly comparable to Earthbound, in some odd way- also, I liked that the Rival, Blue, ended up being the champion- grade-a plot twist.

Pokemon X/Y

Now, don't get me wrong, I loved these games. I mean, they were in 3D, there were so many Pokemon, some pretty cool new Pokemon, Mega Evolution being a breath of fresh air, and some pretty unique characters, the return of the POKERADAR (and other easier ways to get shinies), Poke-Amie is just adorable, The PR Training makes EV training much easier than before, Horde battles (okay, horde battles are kinda annoying, but they're still a great concept, so long as they don't induce so much LAG in future titles),and that ending was especially heartfelt. Plus, even if he isn't all that popular, I just adore Pangoro. but...there were just a few things that I had problems with.

-The Music, while awesome as usual, seemed slightly lacking in the battle department...though, the E4 Battle music is just made of WIN.

-Gyms didn't seem spaced correctly: The time it takes to get to Cyllage city is pretty much the same as reaching Mauville in Ruby/Sapphire. This is a bit more arguable, however- In this game, it's more about the journey through Kalos then about just getting gym badges.

-Lysandre is the most obviously evil character ever. This may have been a plot point, but it's a bit laughable how the game tries to hide it...

-Characterization of the other rivals besides the main rival, the gym leaders, ect. is noticably less than it was in Black/White...except for the Looker sidequest at the end of the game. That was a pretty big highlight for me.

-Next to no post game. You get Kiloude city, some mega stones, the Looker sidequest, friend Safaris, a few legendaries (and, like you said, there aren't that many new ones...) and that's it. Thankfully, the huge amount of Trading/Battling/interactions between other players makes the replayability of the game much higher than other mainline installments.

-There weren't a lot of new Pokemon. This may have been because of all the old ones available, or it's possible the new megas took up all the possible development that could've been spent on new Pokemon, in the same way that Sinnoh had a noticably low count of completely original pokemon native to it, as opposed to all the evolutions/pervolutions given to old Pokemon. Or...maybe they didn't want a repeat of 5th gen's over-abundance of new pokemon that were, for the most part, useless, being practically just expies of older pokemon (Alomomola comes to mind). Each of the new Pokemon introduced seems to have it's own niche, and were clearly thought about beforehand, but they cold have at lest made a few more...

-While customization was awesome, as it had been in Pokemon Battle Revolution (easily the most redeeming quality of that game), it felt...limited. Well, for the male class, anyway, or so I've heard...aparrently, Femaales get around twice as much clothing options...that, while making perfect sense from a realistic point of view, doesn't seem too fair for the player...unless they're female.

Don't get me wrong, though, this sort of thing is what the third installments of every generation are for. For instance, everything I listed about Platinum improving upon Diamond/Pearl (and one other thing I forgot to mention- faster surfing speed).

Black/White had a lacking postgame, as well...which was more than added upon in Black 2/White 2, as well as an increased Pokedex, some old Pokemon apperaing in the region pre-National Dex (this probably clashes with the positive you said about no old Pokemon, but I feel it's an improvement, to give the players a choice of the Pokemon they can use), and an expansion upon the Previous game's story, the Pokemon World Tournament eing perhaps the most nostalgic and awesome feature EVER, and perhaps THE MOST EPIC SOUNDTRACK IN MAINLINE POKEMON HISTORY. Seriously, it had a lot of great new tracks, a bunch of awesome remixes of tunes from Black/White, and even remixes/re-uses of tracks from the older games. Seriously, I can't express how much I loved that game...I guess I should've said all this before.

Tl;Dr X/Y was great, and because of this, Z is gonna be so much of an improvement, that it's gonna be the best Pokemon game since Pokemon: Butter and Bread version.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 05:31:07 pm by Sable-Xeno »

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline ✩♥Di Gi Charat♥✩

• Hero in Training
  • Meteor Mash!!♥
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2014, 08:15:48 pm »
@MightyFan217

The spin off games are no less of a Pokémon game than their main counterparts. So, since this thread was made to discuss personal favs, I don't think it matters very much on whether the games included are main or spin offs. You didn't have to focus solely on your favorite main games unless they're truly your all time favorites.

Now, as for X and Y...well I have quite a few reasons why I don't have very much love for the game.

1. The game's difficulty level. It took me only three days to beat the entire game, champion and all. This was very disappointing because I enjoy a challenge and X and Y didn't give it to me.

2. The character development. I labeled Lysandre as the villain pretty much as soon as I saw him. As for my friends/rivals, they weren't much better. I felt the bonding scenes were very cheesy and fighting them was a joke. This especially holds true for Calem/Selena, I could beat him/her with my eyes closed. It might sound like bragging, but it's the truth.

3.  The Elite Four & Champion Diantha. The elite four provided none of the challenge I expected, they were even weaker than the elite four from Black and White if you ask me. As for Diantha, after all the 'effort' it took to reach her, fighting her was anticlimactic. Fighting her team was just easy as fighting a rookie trainer early in the game.

4. Mega Evolution. It was already hard enough to find a decent battle partner over Wi-Fi who wasn't going out of their way to make an incredibly overpowered team buffed up with IVs and who knows what else. Mega Evolution took even more fun out of the game because now trainers can easily overpower one another with their Mega evolved Pokémon. I believe this feature was made for the ones who didn't want to come up with effective battle strategies and this was GameFreak's solution.

5. The Pokémon's voices and Discoloration. The 'remastered' version of Pokémon cries was just annoying. Some of them like Charizard sounded way too muffled, almost like it caught a cold. Others like one of my personal favorites, Delcatty, were so annoying I hated sending her out to battle (even though I had the option to mute my 3DS). As for the discoloration, it didn't do the game any justice. The shading was off on every Pokémon, all of them were much lighter than the ones in previous games. I wonder why GameFreak did this when the shading on Pokémon from the 3D Pokédex were spot on. 

Click to enlarge!♥

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 31
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2014, 08:59:31 pm »
@Sable-Xeno Yeah I feel yuh, bruh :(  I'm extremely excited for ORAS since it looks like a helluva improvement from XY (espessh on visuals), and I hope to see a few more tweaks on Z or whatever that may be.

Biggest improvement I want is less frame dropping. That gets really buggy when online. If the 3DS has near the capacity of the Gamecube then there should be less problems with that. Hell, it even happens on Tomodachi which is way smaller than Pokemon space-wise.

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 31
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2014, 09:03:03 pm »
I've changed my preferences to more obscure and unknown games, though when i think about it a little, normally all the games that i like have a good story in them. Here's some games.

Alundra
The Mother/Earthbound series
Summon Night
Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles
Space Funeral
Yume Nikki
Lands of Dream games (or anything by Jonas Kyratzes)
Klonoa (obviously)

I can't remember more right now

>Yume Nikki
that game's cray creepy and the story is as well, but I like it too