No one is safe from Dar's pranks every April Fool's Day. >:3

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: What is the geekest thing you are interested in?  (Read 3892 times)

Offline Gyzyn

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
What is the geekest thing you are interested in?
« on: November 21, 2014, 03:03:41 pm »
Hi there.

This idea for a topic suddenly came to my mind. There is a lot of people with unusual interests and hobbies here, so I thought this would be an interesting question to ask.

The geekest thing about me would be my interest in fountain pens. How weird is that? None of my peers at the university I attend writes with a fountain pen. At best they use a gel-type ballpoint pen which isn't that bad, but expensive. What I absolutely hate is disposable, cheap ballpoint pens. After just writing 4 pages of notes it makes my hand hurt because you have to press down so hard.  With my fountain pens I can write for hours without any discomfort. Not to mention the great selection of different styles available. You can buy a pen that looks just the way you want, and you don't have to empty your wallet. And they make sense economically, contrary to what most people think. There are nice pens costing as little as 20$ (or less) with a converter (it's a thing that let's you use bottled ink), and then you can just buy bottled ink which is dirt cheap in the long run. Yes, it's cheaper than using ballpoint pens, and they don't require pressing down to write. But it's just one of the reasons why I prefer to use them.

I love fountain pens because they have some kind of charm to them. Maybe because it's an old-school item, a tool that is supposed to last for decades unlike those pieces of crap that will end up in the bin sooner than you could say Minnesota. I love the way it's beautiful nib, sometimes stained with ink, gently glides across the surface of paper, leaving a wet line of ink that dries up in front of your eyes. I find it very appealing. In case you haven't noticed already, I like handwriting... a lot.

This video is basically better that p0rn to me:

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
Re: What is the geekest thing you are interested in?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 03:12:14 pm »
The geekiest thing I'm into? Well...I can't very well say "Pokemon" because, let's face it, that's probably a common interest here...well, not as common as Klonoa, of course. And pretty much any game mentioned here that's obscure which I like has someone else here who likes it...and saying "Lucario" would just make me look like a pompous addict...hmm...

...Anyone else here watch SwatKats? I'm sure THAT'S gotta be considered geeky to this board...

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline dummy

• Dumbness Incarnate
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 20
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 03:23:19 pm »
Geekest thing?

"PIKA! PIKA! PIKA! PIKA!" ~ Pikachu, when you spam Side B on a weak CPU.

Offline ✩♥Di Gi Charat♥✩

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 46
  • Meteor Mash!!♥
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 03:53:58 pm »
Apocalyptic, end of the world documentaries! LOL I watch them a lot with my dad and no one is really interested in that kind of thing. i don't blame them though I mean really! :O
IT WOULD BE A TOTAL DISASTER SEEING DA WORLD END x_x
But it is interesting anyway seeing different theories of what could happen
:embarassed:

Click to enlarge!♥
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline ThatGuy70 (Mikey)

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 13
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 04:07:26 pm »
Ideas. That's what. Even before I started writing fanfics, I always enjoy just thinking about gags and ideas of stories about my favorite characters. Nowadays these are what fuel the stories that I make. Well, sort of. The funny thing is, some of my ideas are of future chapters WAAAAAY beyond what I already wrote. And I still need to write the present chapter but I already have an idea for a different one! Okay, I'm done.  ;)

Oh. And also ranting. :big_smile:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2014, 07:03:24 pm by mnstrmthd, Reason: merging double posts »

Offline ✩♥Di Gi Charat♥✩

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 46
  • Meteor Mash!!♥
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 04:11:59 pm »
Oh. And also ranting. :big_smile:

ROFLOL SAME HERE *CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP*♥ :O

Click to enlarge!♥
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Offline Akagitsune Yukimura

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Senpai will never notice you :)
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 04:55:24 pm »
Math, puzzles, and speedrunning. Basically anything that gets my mind working and/or working fast.

Within that last 4 years I never got anything less than a B in ANY of my math classes. I can get over 250 lines in Tetris in half an hour. I can solve a Rubiks cube, average 45 sec. I speedrun a game based on Ed, Edd, n Eddy for the Gamecube (my record is 38:47, WR is 31 min). And I'm planning to run DtP PSX version once I get a new copy.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2014, 04:58:07 pm »
S many thing about building computers and various setups.
Console emulators.
I can't remember the rest
And recently trying to learn a bit about simple game engines but that is a side hobby

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2014, 06:45:19 pm »
For me, I'm a contribitor to Dolphin Emulator project. ( As a translator... I can't even understand about the emulation code with my C knowledge. )

Also I make cool web themes! Here's an example: http://forums.untamedheart.us/index.php/topic,492.html

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2014, 07:13:10 pm »
Lately I've been really interested in aspects of the occult, and I've been interested in learning to read tarot like my mom does. For some reason I really adore gypsy bohemian and circus aesthetics too. I go nuts for pretty ornate designs ;u;

I'm also really interested in animation. I'm learning how to do it myself (though I've been super lazy about it lately) and I find the whole process really interesting. Absolutely nothing can beat a well-animated cartoon for me. Especially if you combine it with good stories and characters, which I'm also super geeky about. Half of the reason I love Klonoa games so much is for the charming character design.