No one knows what Rupurudu! really does. It is said he lives in the internet, eating code to keep the server running.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Sign of Hero Transcription with English Lyrics  (Read 1569 times)

Offline Cello2WC

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 3
  • 4 'd NOpé'r'd 't n)
Sign of Hero Transcription with English Lyrics
« on: January 26, 2020, 01:06:34 pm »
I wasn't too happy with the English lyrics for Sign of Hero that I could find on the internet, so I tried my hand at writing my own. I will say that I am absolutely not qualified for something like this. I know very little Japanese (I relied pretty heavily on Jisho to work some of the weirder lines into something that make sense), I don't have a lot of experience with writing (I relied pretty heavily on my sister to work some of the weirder lines into something that sounds right), I don't have much experience with music transcription (I based the score off of a MIDI spat out by a program called 'gbamusriper' when I gave it the Heroes ROM)...

The lyrics were based on both the Japanese and English lyrics that I grabbed off of the Klonoa Wiki [https://klonoa.fandom.com/wiki/Sign_of_Hero]. If those lyrics are inaccurate, please let me know.

I'm not entirely sure what the convention is for distributing a score like this with a bunch of parts, so I'm just gonna give you the MuseScore project file and if you wanna export a .pdf for an individual part you can probably figure it out. I'll also give you a .pdf with all of the parts that's super long and unnecessarily hard to read. And a .wav file. Why not.

Oh also please let me know if there were already English lyrics that fit with the song's notes. I couldn't find anything before I started this but that doesn't mean it didn't exist.

[EDIT Jan 17 2020: Added harmonies to the vocal line. The files have been updated, but I don't wanna go through uploading a new video.]
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 06:05:21 pm by Cello2WC »

Offline harkins2011

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
Re: Sign of Hero Transcription with English Lyrics
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2020, 12:34:13 am »
Excellent translation and integration!

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 12:47:11 am »
Ah thank you for these. Nice work :o

Offline Painty

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 04:08:13 am »
I’ve been dying to hear someone make fitting English lyrics for this gem, and here it is~

Offline Hahasamian

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
  • What's a personal text?
    • My Scratch Projects!
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2020, 01:53:36 am »
Wow, this is cool! I think with a little more lyric editing (to take that last step towards sounding perfectly natural), it'd make for a really good cover. I had trouble making sense of the lyrics from the Wiki, I think this helps clear things up a lot more! 
;D

I've been working on figuring out GBAMusRipper's output myself, I think I'm able to piece the original song back together in a modern music editor with all the GBA instruments and vocal samples intact, allowing me to basically do whatever I want with the music once I've perfected everything! Maybe I could bitcrush some English vocals and slap 'em on top (I don't have a super high-quality mic, so I think that would be the best method).
I'll probably make a new thread if I start making more progress on that, but just wanted to comment that, even if I'm late, you did good with this!
I hope everyone's doing well!
If I'm away and ya need to reach me for any reason, I'm usually more active on Discord: Ysor#0162