Countless of souls have perished staring at Aura's profile picture.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Klonoa Bootleg Hunt  (Read 5347 times)

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 31
  • Inconsistent lurker
Klonoa Bootleg Hunt
« on: July 17, 2020, 06:14:54 pm »
After hosting a poll in the archive's Twitter account, it seems that people would like to see what the series has to offer in the bootleg department. As entertaining as it sounds it's actually been a bit of a hassle finding games and other merchandise in that category, which is why I've made this thread for all users to help each other keep track of findings.

Currently I've been able to save records of three bootleg items. Two games and the lovely ebay doll that was making the rounds a year ago.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Any additions are welcome! Hopefully we can gather anything that was previously lost to the sands of time and maybe find footage of unrecorded games ;D

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 48
    • My homepage
Re: Klonoa Bootleg Hunt
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2020, 07:06:23 pm »
I have this image to contribute but I cant remember where/whom I saved it from. It's not my photo.

It's a container of glow sticks (I believe) with "not Klonoa" on it traced from this pose:

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2020, 07:36:14 pm »
I have this image to contribute but I cant remember where/whom I saved it from. It's not my photo.
(Image removed from quote.)
It's a container of glow sticks (I believe) with "not Klonoa" on it traced from this pose:
(Image removed from quote.)

lol didn't expect anything like this to be found. I wonder where the Toriyama-looking hair and outfit come from, because it looks super familiar...?

Offline Jeyrolami

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2020, 04:32:03 am »
mhhhhhhhhh... if that counts there's the game "Dulubidi Star" that uses Klonoa sound files for the main character, like "wahoo" and stuff.

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2020, 01:55:56 am »
mhhhhhhhhh... if that counts there's the game "Dulubidi Star" that uses Klonoa sound files for the main character, like "wahoo" and stuff.

Completely forgot about that one. Thanks for the reminder!

Offline IsmaDLR

• Heart Moo
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2020, 05:35:30 pm »
There appears to exist a Klonoa bootleg game. I would show a video of it, but let's just say it's one of THOSE games that likes to pull a sonic.exe-ish game over screen. Do you know about those Mario bootleg games that are full of russian text and scary game over screens? Yeah, I mean one of those, so I'm not going to put a video link here. You probably already know about that, though.

Other than that... No, nothing more I could find.

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2020, 06:47:47 pm »
There appears to exist a Klonoa bootleg game. I would show a video of it, but let's just say it's one of THOSE games that likes to pull a sonic.exe-ish game over screen. Do you know about those Mario bootleg games that are full of russian text and scary game over screens? Yeah, I mean one of those, so I'm not going to put a video link here. You probably already know about that, though.

Other than that... No, nothing more I could find.

I know which one you're talking about. Seems to be part of a bigger troll effort tbh, but thanks for bringing it up regardless!

Offline SerialDreams

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • Huepow! Rupuruduu!
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2020, 11:14:27 pm »
Links?
"Wahii, rupurudu!" = "Okay, let's go!"

Offline Megahog2014

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
  • Lets Do This!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2020, 07:52:15 pm »
could this be it?
I am me.... I do things differently from others.... I may see things in a way others don't.... I might be strange to others eyes... but to myself I am a normal person....

Offline IsmaDLR

• Heart Moo
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2020, 05:22:52 pm »
could this be it?

Yes... This is the one I mentioned. Ugh.

Just like another of those infamous Mega Drive russian bootleg games with creepy game over screens.

I'll be checking if I can see more bootleg stuff on Klonoa, but I doubt that I'll find anything new.