Moos are watching you ◉ω◉

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Massage Therapy Business Name  (Read 1493 times)

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
Massage Therapy Business Name
« on: December 29, 2014, 03:14:04 pm »
I'm preparing to start my own massage therapy practice. The first line on the business paperwork requires a business name which I have not yet decided. I hope to garner clients that are or were athletic. My problem resides in not picking a name that is so specific that it deters clients looking for the recreational aspect of massage therapy.

I have already purchased the domain name "podiummassage" to make sure the name is not taken before I finalize a decision. Now, podiummassage is a great name but the problem with "podiummassage" is people could potentially see it as a lecture podium or perhaps because the name is fairly specific to athletes deter potential recreational clients. In the long run I know logos and 'word of mouth' are stronger than business names but I would rather not work against a disadvantage...being male is already a negative for a lot of people.

Anyway, I'm looking for a business name. Something that speaks healing, athleticism, relaxation, stress relief and if possible Qi (aka Chi). I will accept anything, good and absolutely terrible. Sometimes terrible ideas reveal or at least uncover the final answer.

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
Re: Massage Therapy Business Name
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 03:26:43 pm »
"Word of mouth", eh?

..."Word of Massage." No, wait, that one's intentionally stupid...how about..."Massage World"?

Either that, or "Shēngmìng de lìliàng", which is (Traditional) Chinese for "Life Force" or, in other words, the literal definition of "Chi". But that could be confusing, and laughed at by anyone linguistic in Chinese. I personally like "Massage World". Sounds kinda cheesy, but it gets the point across.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 11:38:25 pm »
Hmm I'm not good with names x_x errm. "Podium Massage Healing & Restoration Art" ?-you could just omit art if needed-
Podium Massage energy flow restoration center"?
I suppose it can be seen as an art hmmmmmm.
There is the whole alternative healing stuff for words but that can deter some kinds of people.

I've not read much in Qi/Chi a in a good while but they are some interesting things to me as of late xD

Offline CalmSerenity

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 52
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 11:46:35 pm »
Eeeh, I'm not really good at coming up with names XP First thing that comes to mind is "Healing Force", dunno how that could fit in :/ :unsure: