Untamed Heart: Wahoo is more popular than Yahoo!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: How does Empire of Dreams fit into the timeline?  (Read 2542 times)

Offline RicAlbuquerque

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
How does Empire of Dreams fit into the timeline?
« on: October 31, 2020, 07:29:32 pm »
Ok, so this is a question that I've had since I first saw this game and one that I still haven't found a satisfying answer for. To understand why this is such a big deal we need to go back to DtP's ending, so there will be spoilers for that game, but I believe everyone here already knows everything about that game.

Ok so at the end of Klonoa 1, Hewpoe reveals that Klonoa's memories about their friendship and their life together were fake and merely implanted into Klonoa as a way to help him carry out the task of defeating Ghadius and Nahatomb. After that is revealed, Klonoa is forcibly taken out of Phantomile.

Here's where the issue begins: despite the ending of that game, Hewpoe somehow is in Empire of Dreams and this creates a big problem for the timeline. That game can't take place after DtP since the dialogue they have when they meet again in Dream Traveller of Noctis Sol implies that this is the first time they've met since that game. At the same time, it can't take place before Klonoa 1, since every event that took place before DtP and involved both Klonoa and Hewpoe is a fake memory. :unsure:

The only solution I see here is that the game as a whole is simply one of the fake memories implanted into Klonoa's mind, but everything in that game feels very real and solid, so that's unlikely. So... can someone think of a solution here, because, honestly, I don't see any. :sick:
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 03:15:11 pm by RicAlbuquerque »
Awaiting the return of our lord and savior Pac-Man

Offline HylianBran

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
  • Glover vs Klonoa Beach Volleyball: Dawn of Racism
Re: How does Empire of Dreams fit into the timeline?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2020, 04:50:30 am »
Something tells me the Empire of Dreams writers can care less about continuity. Simple answer: it doesn't. I don't care about Noctis Sol, Zub doesn't care about continuity or integrity either.
Backloggd: https://www.backloggd.com/u/HylianBran/

crazy crazy graveyard theory
ghost tried to approach me
got leery

Offline rapappa the pepper

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 15
  • I do want a soulmate.
    • Rapappa The Pepper's Neo Cities
Re: How does Empire of Dreams fit into the timeline?
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2022, 08:42:46 pm »
Door to Phantomile, Moonlight Museum (Maybe?), and Lunatea's Veil are probably the only Canonical games, and yes, im late, you're probably already aware of this.
Is this a forum they forgot, or has the forum forgot them?
Hello, pleased to meet you. Uhhhhh, i guess i like to draw traditionally a lot of Klonoa things, specifically for Whispers of Wind project, i make music for that too! As well as 3D models, not low poly Playstation fashioned tho, i like 90s Virtua Fighter 3 type models, any ways. You can know more about me at my Neo Cities: https://rapthepep.neocities.org/