We have a Twitter account! Be sure to follow us for up to the minute updates! https://twitter.com/KloCollective

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Klonoa Fighting Game?  (Read 21319 times)

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 31
  • Inconsistent lurker
Klonoa Fighting Game?
« on: September 25, 2014, 11:46:51 pm »
My school offers a game design club that I've joined, and I learned that they use that lame and limited Game Maker program. The free version too, gross.

So if I'm allowed to, I want to whip up a small Klonoa fighter on Mugen by using the Fighter Factory 3 program. I'll have a lot to learn about coding since I can't read a lick of Spanish on the easier version. There should be tutorials tho'.

So yeah, think it's a good idea? I'm going to do my best to balance out everyone that will be in it (which will probably be 3-4 characters since I only have Jan. to finish this). If you guys got any good ideas for the game, hollah.

The characters I'll be including for now are Klonoa, Guntz and maybe Lolo. If I can't get creative with her then she's replaced with either Leorina (possible Klonoa clone hahahhjdhfds) or Pango. I might be adding King of Sorrow as well if I can get some ideas on how he'll play.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: Klonoa Fighting Game?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 12:10:31 am »
What about Popka ?

Offline Scroptels Gluzar

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 24
    • Pixiv
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 12:11:34 am »
Hi there, nice to know that you're on a game design club, I got no suggestions for the fighting game right now but I know spanish and can translate anything you want, maybe that would be of help?

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2014, 12:28:26 am »
What about Popka ?
I could add him, I'll think about it. His size would most likely have to be altered or something cuz he's hella puny.

Hi there, nice to know that you're on a game design club, I got no suggestions for the fighting game right now but I know spanish and can translate anything you want, maybe that would be of help?
That would be wonderful help~ I'll reinstall that program and paste screenshots here for ya the moment I can. Thanks uvu  I'll most likely go back to that program when I start having issues with the fan version I have.

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2014, 12:39:30 am »
Well, Janga might be cool, too. I mean, you could use some of Namco x Capcom's assets, or make him a semi-Vega clone, or something. if not him, then maybe Garlen in a mecha, or something.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline RollingMeowcat

• An ordinary dreamer
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Not a fan of Sonic/Pokemon
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 12:58:42 am »
I don't have any ideas at this moment, too.
However, you should get yourself a team to cooperate with if you have limited time.
My favorite animes:

More to come

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2014, 01:09:02 am »
Tell them to switch to Unity3D!

Also, I have a few ideas I suppose. Though I wouldn't want to make it too much like SSB.

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2014, 01:13:33 am »
Well, Janga might be cool, too. I mean, you could use some of Namco x Capcom's assets, or make him a semi-Vega clone, or something. if not him, then maybe Garlen in a mecha, or something.
I was thinking about Janga being in the game and it might very well work. If I have enough time then I'll add him and see about Garlen, he sounds interesting.

I don't have any ideas at this moment, too.
However, you should get yourself a team to cooperate with if you have limited time.
tru fax. Problem though is that a lot of the other students in there only entered the club because it had the word "game" in it. If I'm allowed to use Mugen and find someone who has a decent amount of knowledge about SF-like fighters I'm defs forming a team. If I can't use that program/make a team then this idea will be postponed until I get some experienced peeps online.

Offline AlphaRed9X

• Stand User
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • is Mayonnaise a Klonoa?
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2014, 01:17:40 am »
I've been thinking about a game like that for quite a while, mostly because I'm a sucker for fighting games  :embarassed:
These are just a couple of ideas I had about the roster, as well as how each character would play out (this is gonna be a long one):

Klonoa: I thought about 2 different ways Klonoa would play out. Either he'd be a speedy fighter who trades damage for maneuverability, or he would be a stance fighter who takes advantage of his weapon set from Klonoa Heroes, with a different set of moves for each weapon that you can switch, or even cancel into
Guntz: The most obvious playstyle for him would be a spammer zoner, taking advantage of his firearms to control, bait, and punish his foe
Lolo + Popka: I thought it would be much more fitting to have Lolo and Popka fight together as a pair, much like the Ice Climbers in Smash
Pango: Bombs, plenty of bombs  ;)
Leorina: I think she would be somewhat similar to Klonoa, as she would be using her fake ring, but she'll be slower and harder hitting. And knowing that she can create monsters in LV, she would use them to assist her as well
Tat: I haven't thought of any specific playstyle for her, I just figured that she could use her ability to split in 2 to her advantage
Joka: Obvious trickster fighter, seeing that he's a clown and all.
Janga: He could be a bit of a zoner himself, because his claws are freakin' huge, but he would also have the ability to dish out gradual effects, such as Poison and Slow
King of Sorrow: With his Nemo Moos, I think he would be a great charge fighter, as he would be able to charge up his attacks for higher damage, as well as cancel out of them for follow-up attacks

That's about it for now. I hope this will help out at least a little bit  ;D
It a me

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2014, 01:17:55 am »
Tell them to switch to Unity3D!

Also, I have a few ideas I suppose. Though I wouldn't want to make it too much like SSB.
It won't be like SSB at all, it's more towards something like Darkstalkers and Street Fighter 3A.