It is said that Dae is raising a Floof Army. Beware.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Klonoa Fighting Game?  (Read 21888 times)

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 31
  • Inconsistent lurker
Re: Klonoa Fighting Game?
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2014, 03:36:12 pm »
Hmm, that Namco contact info posted here earlier doesn't serve an email for nothing but plain customer service, plus it's the UK part of the company.

Can somebody please send me the US version of the email that can be used for anything than just customer service? For the life of me I cannot find the address on the site.

Offline dummy

• Dumbness Incarnate
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 20
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2014, 03:40:24 pm »
Hmm, that Namco contact info posted here earlier doesn't serve an email for nothing but plain customer service, plus it's the UK part of the company.

Can somebody please send me the US version of the email that can be used for anything than just customer service? For the life of me I cannot find the address on the site.

I think it's email is this : [email protected]

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2014, 04:24:40 pm »

I ended up sending an email to the only support address I could find, hahah oops x_x

If they don't reply I'll copypasta or rewrite what I've sent to that one to this one. Thanks for giving out this one!

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2014, 04:30:30 pm »
Regarding to the email I sent, I have asked everything about the project I could. Like if I'll have permission to use the characters, areas, and whatever else. I have also asked if teaming up with no pay at all is fine as well. I've also specified that there will be no hubbabaloo with markets and stuff since I am strictly making this a PC game on desktops (I may have forgotten to ask about distributing this through downloading, but they'll bring it up for sure if I did forget about that piece since I mentioned fans)

When I get a reply and every question is asked and answered from them, I'll talk about it here if allowed.

Offline dummy

• Dumbness Incarnate
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 20
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2014, 05:00:50 pm »

I ended up sending an email to the only support address I could find, hahah oops x_x

If they don't reply I'll copypasta or rewrite what I've sent to that one to this one. Thanks for giving out this one!

No problem.

Offline YouDontKnowWhoIam

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 15
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2014, 05:02:25 pm »
The main thing I would like to see is a Klonoa stage for MUGEN.

Offline John Smith

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: -36
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2014, 04:54:37 am »
Gonna clear up some stuff here:
  • The game will not be brought up on any market place at all and will only be desktop-based. Even if I get permission from NB to make this, putting it up somewhere like that will host a lot of problems. If somebody else tries to paste it on the market I will have to talk to them about it.
  • This game will be free no matter what. This is only for entertainment, not profit.
  • The game will still be short unless it's coming out fantastic to the fans and that everyone on the team (if there is one) still wants to work on it. I'm not going to put others through free labor on something huge if there's no feedback or it came out meh after a lot of time being put on it.

By Desktop you mean PC,Mac and Linux right?
Will you put it on Github https://github.com/
Will you ask for permission to do a Kickstarter/Patreon

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2014, 05:04:04 am »
The main thing I would like to see is a Klonoa stage for MUGEN.
I've asked about using areas from the game, so if I'm allowed to I'll make stages. More than one hopefully.

By Desktop you mean PC,Mac and Linux right?
Will you put it on Github https://github.com/
Will you ask for permission to do a Kickstarter/Patreon
Yes, I'll do my best to put these on all computer platforms. It all depends on what I'm using is compatible with.

And I've said this more than once and I will not repeat again, this game is non-profit. No money. Nada. Not even the possible team members will be paid. No Kickstarters. If I did that I'd be sued immediately.

Offline John Smith

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: -36
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2014, 05:21:03 am »
I said ask Bandai Namco permission to do a kickstarter not to do one without permission kinda like the Veronica Mars kickstarter

Of course, Warner Bros. still owns Veronica Mars and we would need their blessing and cooperation to pull this off. Kristen and I met with the Warner Bros. brass, and they agreed to allow us to take this shot. They were extremely cool about it, as a matter of fact. Their reaction was, if you can show there’s enough fan interest to warrant a movie, we’re on board. So this is it. This is our shot. I believe it's the only one we've got. It's nerve-wracking. I suppose we could fail in spectacular fashion, but there's also the chance that we completely revolutionize how projects like ours can get made. No Kickstarter project ever has set a goal this high. It's up to you, the fans, now. If the project is successful, our plan is to go into production this summer and the movie will be released in early 2014.

Street Fighter Assassin's Fist is another example.

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2014, 12:38:39 pm »
Her point still stands. She's not doing one at all, period.

Also have a question for you too Lazer, will you have different game mechanics for a fighting game, or will it play out to be like a traditional fighting game?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 12:42:39 pm by the_darai »