Klonoa Collective: Where our official ship is Joka x Janga.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Klonoa Fighting Game?  (Read 21334 times)

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 31
  • Inconsistent lurker
Re: Klonoa Fighting Game?
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2014, 01:24:39 am »
I've been thinking about a game like that for quite a while, mostly because I'm a sucker for fighting games  :embarassed:
These are just a couple of ideas I had about the roster, as well as how each character would play out (this is gonna be a long one):

Klonoa: I thought about 2 different ways Klonoa would play out. Either he'd be a speedy fighter who trades damage for maneuverability, or he would be a stance fighter who takes advantage of his weapon set from Klonoa Heroes, with a different set of moves for each weapon that you can switch, or even cancel into
Guntz: The most obvious playstyle for him would be a spammer zoner, taking advantage of his firearms to control, bait, and punish his foe
Lolo + Popka: I thought it would be much more fitting to have Lolo and Popka fight together as a pair, much like the Ice Climbers in Smash
Pango: Bombs, plenty of bombs  ;)
Leorina: I think she would be somewhat similar to Klonoa, as she would be using her fake ring, but she'll be slower and harder hitting. And knowing that she can create monsters in LV, she would use them to assist her as well
Tat: I haven't thought of any specific playstyle for her, I just figured that she could use her ability to split in 2 to her advantage
Joka: Obvious trickster fighter, seeing that he's a clown and all.
Janga: He could be a bit of a zoner himself, because his claws are freakin' huge, but he would also have the ability to dish out gradual effects, such as Poison and Slow
King of Sorrow: With his Nemo Moos, I think he would be a great charge fighter, as he would be able to charge up his attacks for higher damage, as well as cancel out of them for follow-up attacks

That's about it for now. I hope this will help out at least a little bit  ;D
I've thought the same stuff about the characters, especially on Klonoa utilizing the Heroes weapons. I'm def' keeping this somewhere for future ideas.

Reminder that this project does have a high chance of being postponed if the club isn't organized right, but that doesn't mean this is dead meat. I'd love to continue working on this and especially on the art if someone has a bigger brain on code~ I think we can make something really good.

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2014, 01:33:46 am »
Oh yeah, and if this does have to be coded by someone else I'll still do most of the work on testing and touch ups if wanted. Don't wanna be a burden if this is how it ends up.

Offline Scroptels Gluzar

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 24
    • Pixiv
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2014, 01:44:17 am »
I'll be wating for the screenshots, though if you tell me the program maybe I can install it myself and translate it

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2014, 01:48:30 am »
I'll be wating for the screenshots, though if you tell me the program maybe I can install it myself and translate it
Aye, it's Fighter Factory Ultimate. I'll be re-dling it tomorrow if time allows it.

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2014, 01:54:29 am »
@AlphaRed9X

I'd imagine Lolo fighting with Popka like this, maybe? If it doesn't skip ahead go to 1:22 in the vid.

If it's like that then it'd be best to make Popka pretty weak. If he's near equal to Lolo's moves then that'd be insta-OP hahah.
EDIT: Pic is another way it could be done.

Offline dummy

• Dumbness Incarnate
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 20
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2014, 07:27:18 am »
Klonoa Fighting Game?

Why not Ghadius?  :big_smile:

Anyway, Good idea, but currently i am out of ideas.

Offline John Smith

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: -36
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2014, 10:02:59 am »
Why not use open source Godot http://www.godotengine.org/wp/ Its designed to be like Unity aka reduce the amount of programming
What tools are you going to use to create the assets?
I would also recommend asking Bandai Namco for permission http://www.bandainamcogames.eu/contact-us

Offline Scroptels Gluzar

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 24
    • Pixiv
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2014, 03:19:16 pm »
Hello, Is this the program you want to use? http://mugen.wikia.com/wiki/Fighter_Factory I see that there are 3 versions of the program, the authors from Virtualtek seem to be from Brazil and the main language is Portuguese, however when I installed the program I saw that it was on many languages, among them of course English (and Spanish too), so you don't need to translate anything, it's already on english.

If you still want to translate it for some reason I don't know I can still do it for you, Portuguese and Spanish are so similar that any Spanish speaker can understand it enough to know what it is saying, so I can still translate it if I use a dictionary and Google Translate and it won't be hard.

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2014, 07:51:36 pm »
Why not use open source Godot http://www.godotengine.org/wp/ Its designed to be like Unity aka reduce the amount of programming
What tools are you going to use to create the assets?
I would also recommend asking Bandai Namco for permission http://www.bandainamcogames.eu/contact-us
I may get that program if it supports Mugen. And do I need to ask them permission if the game's free? I'm not planning to make money off of this at all. Unless they're over-reactive like Hasbro then I can't see why I'd need to ask.

Hello, Is this the program you want to use? http://mugen.wikia.com/wiki/Fighter_Factory I see that there are 3 versions of the program, the authors from Virtualtek seem to be from Brazil and the main language is Portuguese, however when I installed the program I saw that it was on many languages, among them of course English (and Spanish too), so you don't need to translate anything, it's already on english.

If you still want to translate it for some reason I don't know I can still do it for you, Portuguese and Spanish are so similar that any Spanish speaker can understand it enough to know what it is saying, so I can still translate it if I use a dictionary and Google Translate and it won't be hard.
I'm using Fighter Factory 3 right now, which is a lot deeper and more confusing to me. I couldn't tell that one was Portuguese either hahah, sorry about that uvu;  I'll just use what I've got for now when I get code brainiacs on board.

Offline NebulaVista

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 14
  • Archivist Extraordinaire
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2014, 10:40:56 pm »
I would love to help contribute what I can. What exactly do you need?