Untamed Heart: Enough dream stones to run a sleep clinic!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: (Rare Find?) Klonoa's Nintendo Power Magazine Profile  (Read 5632 times)

Offline GuyWithThePie

• Meowth That's Right!
  • Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
(Rare Find?) Klonoa's Nintendo Power Magazine Profile
« on: August 21, 2016, 02:00:54 am »
Now here's something interesting that I'm sure not too many of you have seen before.

Starting with the 20th Anniversary Issue in 2008 and ending with the Final Issue in 2012, I was reading Nintendo Power Magazine all the time. As some of you might remember from my introduction, I first found out about Klonoa through an advertisement for the Wii game at the very end of a Nintendo Power issue from 2009. But I wouldn't know anything about Klonoa or his games at all until nearly three years after that...

Later issues in the magazine's run would have a short two-page section known as "STAR POWER: A closer look at the characters we love" which would go more in-depth into the history and development of various different game characters, with a new character being featured every month. While these were often Nintendo characters from franchises such as Mario and Zelda, every once in a while the section would feature characters from franchises made by other companies, so long as they had at least three or more games on a Nintendo system. And with a good amount of his games being exclusive to Nintendo systems, Klonoa was certainly no exception to this.

So here I found Klonoa's Star Power profile after rummaging through my collection of Nintendo Power issues. These scans were taken from my copy of issue 279, published on June of 2012. This contains some pretty interesting facts such as how Klonoa's ears were originally going to have no real function, and how some words in the Phantomilian language are actually altered words from other languages.

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Hope you guys enjoy! I haven't even been able to find scans of the more popular characters featured on Star Power, so I believe that this might be a pretty rare find!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 05:39:13 pm by GuyWithThePie »

Offline CacmanZero

• Moo
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 56
  • Moo's Dreams
Re: (Rare Find?) Klonoa's Nintendo Power Magazine Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 03:33:31 am »
Klonoa surrounded floppy ears with telling the truth correspond Nintendo Power apologize.

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 48
    • My homepage
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 04:01:20 am »
I had been looking for a larger version of this article... I only had tiny thumbnails. I have issues of Nintendo Power that lead up to the Wii games release but I never got my hands on the issue with this in it. Thank you for the scans. Mind if I post them over on Klonoa @ tumblr? http://klonoa-at-blog.tumblr.com/

Offline GuyWithThePie

• Meowth That's Right!
  • Heart Moo
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 04:29:53 am »
I had been looking for a larger version of this article... I only had tiny thumbnails. I have issues of Nintendo Power that lead up to the Wii games release but I never got my hands on the issue with this in it. Thank you for the scans. Mind if I post them over on Klonoa @ tumblr? http://klonoa-at-blog.tumblr.com/

Sure, but could you please give me credit for the scans?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 04:38:07 am by GuyWithThePie »

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 48
    • My homepage
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 01:17:31 pm »
Absolutely. /u\

Offline Questklonoa

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • Tiger-kun
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2016, 02:47:16 pm »
Nice find! I've not heard anything about Klonoa being on gaming magazines, so it's pretty rare to see something like this.

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 31
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2016, 05:31:36 pm »
I forgot about this issue! :O  Methinks I still have this in my NP stash. Should probably have it up with my other Klonoa merch lol.

There's other mentions of Klonoa scattered about the later issues, too. There was a writer in the team who absolutely loved the character and gave out funny responses to fan mail regarding the series, like making Klonoa his waifu and saying that the name sounds like a disease. If the archives were still up I would post screencaps here...

Offline GuyWithThePie

• Meowth That's Right!
  • Heart Moo
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2016, 05:34:18 pm »
I forgot about this issue! :O  Methinks I still have this in my NP stash. Should probably have it up with my other Klonoa merch lol.

There's other mentions of Klonoa scattered about the later issues, too. There was a writer in the team who absolutely loved the character and gave out funny responses to fan mail regarding the series, like making Klonoa his waifu and saying that the name sounds like a disease. If the archives were still up I would post screencaps here...

That sounds pretty interesting! Maybe I'll see if I can find anything else in my other issues. Besides this, all I can remember is the ad for the Wii game I saw in some issue from 2009.

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 31
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2016, 05:37:19 pm »
That sounds pretty interesting! Maybe I'll see if I can find anything else in my other issues. Besides this, all I can remember is the ad for the Wii game I saw in some issue from 2009.

I think the fan mail mentions were published around that year, that or between '10-'11. If I have time I'll scour through my issues and see if there are still any surviving scans.

Offline GuyWithThePie

• Meowth That's Right!
  • Heart Moo
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2016, 05:38:38 pm »
I think the fan mail mentions were published around that year, that or between '10-'11. If I have time I'll scour through my issues and see if there are still any surviving scans.

Alright, good luck! Let me know if you find anything.