There is a new Klonoa Fan Magazine out. Come see here. https://forums.untamedheart.us/?page=zine

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Other Peoples' Fanarts You Like And Wish to Show Off  (Read 4545 times)

Offline SurrealBrain

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 13
  • Goody goody!
Other Peoples' Fanarts You Like And Wish to Show Off
« on: December 02, 2014, 05:57:34 am »
What the name says. This is for fanart that isn't our own, but just find neat. They can be Klonoa related, or it can be of any other franchise.

EDIT: I shall also note that naming the original artists and listing the original sources would be advised. If you can't find one, the other or either or, please note when that's the case.

I'll put some of the original, pre-move openers in the spoilers:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Anyways, since I made this thread, I'll start here, with these:
Can't find the name of the artist for this one, and I can't find the original source. I'll update this when that info is there.

At least this one I could find the name. The artist is either Hoshina or Kinoko. It apparently came from Pixiv, but the link is giving me a 404 Error. Not to mention I don't see it when I try looking it up.

Now this one I can definitely source. It's by RedBlooper on DeviantArt, and it can be found here.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 02:21:18 am by SurrealBrain »

Thanks to FRAYKER for the signature! :)

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
Re: Other Peoples' Fanarts You Like And Wish to Show Off
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 02:43:42 pm »
So is this just going to be a thread full of unsourced art? |:

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 05:08:01 pm »
I think I'm gonna have to agree with mnstrmthd on this, even if not much was said: If you're gonna taut around the hard work of others, the least you could do is site the original creators, and what site the artwork is from. Heck, there may be instances where they'll probably want you to ask them before showing this stuff around willy-nilly. I guess claiming that it isn't yours is a start, but still.

Take this, for example-

This was made by Somnax, via FurAffinity.net.

in cases like Deviantart, you may be better off linking directly to the page with said art, where it could be observed/commented on/up(or down)-voted, properly...though, something like FurAffinity may be a bit...too risque to link directly to.

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline mnstrmthd

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: 32
  • inactive
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 05:18:22 pm »
I think I'm gonna have to agree with mnstrmthd on this, even if not much was said: If you're gonna taut around the hard work of others, the least you could do is site the original creators, and what site the artwork is from. Heck, there may be instances where they'll probably want you to ask them before showing this stuff around willy-nilly. I guess claiming that it isn't yours is a start, but still.
Yes yes, this is what I was trying to say. Sorry if I came off as a little short, I had just woken up.
I'm all for sharing art you like, but if you like the art someone does why would you not credit them? And yeah, a lot of people don't like their art reposted, in which case you can still share it by referring to their gallery or something (keeping the rules in mind, of course). :P
Anyway, carry on.

Offline SurrealBrain

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 13
  • Goody goody!
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 02:04:38 am »
You're right, I should. From now on, I'll note the original makers and sources whenever possible. If I can't find those, though, then I'll note when the original sources cannot be found.

How did I find them, then? Wouldn't you like to know?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 02:18:18 am by SurrealBrain »

Thanks to FRAYKER for the signature! :)

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 02:49:52 am »
Thank you...That's a bit better. Now, as for other art I could show...well, You guys remember this?

{Alas, I cannot trace it's current source. It was elsewhere when I first found it, and looking on where it is now said to be- GoPixpic.com- provided no fruitful results...}

This was what my sig was, back when I had no ****ing idea what I was even doing. Still, it's a nice piece that I thought to use in my sig.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 03:44:28 pm by Sable-Xeno »

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Scroptels Gluzar

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 24
    • Pixiv
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 04:00:40 pm »
I'd be more concerned about people who prevent others from sharing their work in peace, heck I like the idea of publishing your stuff anonymously and let it spread on the internet, even though nobody knows who did it, that's not important to me, what's important is that what i did is known by the world, i don't need credit.

Anyway this is Hado, he is FadoCanSlap on Deviant Art http://fadocanslap.deviantart.com/ He has a pixiv account too http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=1213038 and also has tumblr... and twitter...

He has some... NSFW art? a little maybe? is not something too graphic but if you're gonna look at his art you're warned, I just see it as an artistic choice. The ones I'm gonna show are SFW.

This is kind of the art style that i would like to do

« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 04:04:19 pm by Scroptels GL »

Offline Artsy

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2014, 12:14:26 pm »
I have here some of my sister's art which I think you might like, she made a Klonoa Plushie just for my birthday  :big_smile:

She specializes in plushes and sells them on her deviantart...!