You can't hate Popka. He's a jerk with a heart of gold.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: How do you know him?  (Read 14917 times)

Offline AlphaRed9X

• Stand User
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • is Mayonnaise a Klonoa?
Re: How do you know him?
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2015, 10:07:13 pm »
Rented Klonoa 2 from a movie shop back when I was 7 years old. I remember loving the heck out of it before I had to give it back. I had almost completely forgot about it years later, that is until I saw a preview on GameInformer for the Klonoa remake. After that, I went to buy a copy of Klonoa 2 on Amazon, and I fell in love with it all over again.
It a me

Offline SyraxAxoJaxco

• Kinesthetic Storyteller. Dancer, for short.
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
  • Alola, digidestined~
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2015, 04:00:46 am »
..now i must to share my truth... XD

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 09:56:24 pm by SyraxAxoJaxco »

Offline Calicolex

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
  • Disregard society; build identity.
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2015, 06:59:20 am »
When I was 5 (2000) my mother bought me Door to phantomile at our local ps1 game shop :)

Offline Enchlore

• Working Man
  • Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
  • If this be my destiny...!
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2015, 06:32:19 pm »
There was a gaming magazine I bought when I was around 8 or 9 that had a little section about "old PlayStation gems" or something like that. It talked about Door to Phantomile, and for some reason I was interested in the game. All that featured in the mag was a picture of the cover art and a plot synopsis that teased an "interesting" ending and an awesome reward for beating the game. I was haunted by the memory of this strange game I saw on a magazine until I bought a Wii (around 2010 or 2011) and it came with a copy of Klonoa, the Wii remake. I immediately took a liking to it, and soon got around to playing Klonoa 2. Been a fan ever since, even now that my gaming habits have faded a bit.

Offline Cobra!

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • ’S fhearr Albais bhriste na Albais sa chiste
    • My website
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2015, 05:53:11 pm »
When I got a PS2 for my 8th birthday in 2002, it came with a free demo disc, and Klonoa 2 was on that disc, and I absolutely loved it! I loved everything about the demo! I wanted the game so bad! I remember as well that I didn't even know how to pronounce it at the time, and always got it wrong when I tried...  x_x
I kept bugging my parents to get it for me, but for ages, they never did. Looking back, they probably couldn't find a copy, possibly.
I remember one day when I asked them, I went into a moaning fit, and then I sat down in our living room, my mum covered my eyes, and my dad pulled out the game and held the game in front of my eyes from behind, and my eyes were then uncovered. That was probably one of the happiest days of my life! :big_smile:

For years after, I heard nothing about Klonoa, and, well, my interest in it faded as a result, that was until I started retro gaming (at around 2008) and got myself a copy of Klonoa 1 (Which costed me £18 at the time, and I've seen the prices have inflated sky-high since! Just as well I got it when I did!) and Beach Volleyball on PS1, and the rest, I suppose, was history! :)

Offline Dish

• Gone with the Wind
  • Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 19
  • Hi! I'm Dish!
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2015, 11:42:45 pm »
this may be deja vu from the how did you end up at UT thread, but it was shiftylook's webcomics! i was reading the Bravoman comic, and when i came to the latest one i scoured around until i found the Klonoa one. been hooked ever since.

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 48
    • My homepage
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2015, 04:59:14 am »
This very advert got me into the series. It was before the game was out, I was a wee 8 year old and I had a copy of Gamepro magazine laying around. I spotted the ad and was fixated on the little images of Klonoa and I was like "woowwwww cool character!". The ad wouldn't leave my mind and I even drew my first ever fan art using it as a reference.

Unfortunately, I had no idea when the game was coming out.. I'd call the local Wal-mart repeatedly and wait and wait. Wasn't sure when it happened but a nearby Bestbuy had the game and I snatched a copy up right away. The problem was.. I didn't own a PS2 yet! However, my brothers friend had one so I'd have to go to his house to play the game. Soon enough we got our own PS2 and I was free to play Klonoa 2 whenever I wanted. From there, I became a Klonoa fan forever. /w\
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 04:19:09 am by mushroom32x »

Offline DreamTraveler

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
  • What you think you become
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2015, 06:27:40 pm »
My history with Klonoa is... Strange at best.

I knew him seeing pictures and art of him online but I could never remember his name at the time until about 2013 when Smash 4 was on the horizon. I presumed the games were just Mario like platformers where you jump on monsters and collect things, nothing more. ((Because I never looked up footage)) I heard a lot of people saying how he was more interesting than Pac-Man, the main mascot of Namco. Now I'm fine with liking something over something else but I got a wee bit... Pissed when people started verbally attacking him.

Most of these were how he hasn't done anything good for the past 20 years or so, ((And knowing of the Pac-Man World games, I found that insulting personally.)) or the fact he's irrelevant... Needless to say, I was turned off from him for quite a while, pretty much developing a hatred for the character alone.

Until 2015.

Out of pure curiosity I looked up the first game and I was pleasantly surprised from footage I saw. I've met more lighthearted fans and I can say my hate on him is pretty much gone at this point. I still love Pac-Man for the simple reason of him being one of my favorite characters ((and making my Childhood more than Mario did with his 3D games IMO)), But I've started to really gain a fondness toward the lil' cabbit.

It's almost heartwarming.

We should be friends this is actually how I got hooked on Klonoa myself IDC if it's old xDD I saw him on deviantart and thought he reminded me of Tails for a second...
I exist in your thoughts and dreams.

Offline Alexinator

• Cursed
  • Dreamer Rating: -6
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2015, 06:53:59 pm »
I seen a Youtube video of someone playing Klonoa: Door To Phantomile.

Offline I always try my hardest

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2016, 01:41:52 pm »
 :bad_straight_face: I first stumbled upon Klonoa, well by complete accident online. I was faffing around, looking at video game manga. And one I stumbled upon was one called Shippuu Tengoku Kaze no Klonoa. I liked it a lot, and then found out he had games and things went form there.