It is said that Dae is raising a Floof Army. Beware.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Poll

Should i play Klonoa Heroes now?!

HOOYEAH! IT'S AWESOME!
5 (19.2%)
NO!!!!!! you'd better wait for it...
2 (7.7%)
Depends (or Conflicting)
4 (15.4%)
Well, I think you should wait for the patch, if you want to understand the story.
7 (26.9%)
I'm on the same problem.
4 (15.4%)
Ahm, If you want to have fun, i suggest to, however, i don't think you would like to.
0 (0%)
Learn Japanese and then play it (Option added by Vincentmrl hehe)
4 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Should i play Klonoa Heroes since the english patch didn't finish?  (Read 5388 times)

Offline dummy

• Dumbness Incarnate
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 20
A conflicting question, stuck on my mind since 2 months, Should i play Klonoa Heroes now? :confused:

POLL ABOVE! ;)

You can still post your opinion, though.

(SINCE I WERE DARED TO BECOME SABLE-XENO, REMEMBER, THIS IS ALOIYD.)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 12:41:55 pm by Sable‒Xeno »

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
Re: Should i play Klonoa Heroes since the english patch didn't finish?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 01:10:37 pm »
If you ask me for my opinion, story is one of the most important part of the game. So you should wait for it.

Also you made your dare well. I'm turning you back to ALOIYD. (With all that Caps-Lock.)

Offline dummy

• Dumbness Incarnate
  • Star Member
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 01:13:48 pm »
If you ask me for my opinion, story is one of the most important part of the game. So you should wait for it.

Also you made your dare well. I'm turning you back to ALOIYD. (With all that Caps-Lock.)

Can i keep the dare?

If not, then okay...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 01:15:45 pm by ALOIYD »

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2014, 01:36:28 pm »

Can i keep the dare?

If not, then okay...
If Sable is okay with it, then of course you can.

Offline Sable-Xeno

• God in the Machine
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 50
  • The dude.
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2014, 03:57:38 pm »
I'm totally okay with it. Who WOULDN'T want to look at my glorious face, twice as often?

(plus, it also means advertising ka's artbook twice as much. It's not just fun, it's also helpful!)

Getting back on topic, I've never played Klonoa Heroes myself...so I wouldn't know. I think they at LEAST have better-translated text on here, so you could always just play the Japanese version whilst looking at a translation. Trust us, this patch is gonna take FOREVER. Plus, this would entail having the physical copy. Even if you're playing a translated game, it's still technically a bootleg, so I implore that you at least support the official release. Thay may not have translated the game, but Namco DID still make it...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 04:02:34 pm by Sable-Xeno »

Artwork drawn by Somnax (FA), 5th Gen Pokemon sprite bases made by Pokemon-Diamond (DA).

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 12:41:35 am »
Depends/conflicting for me as well. But I want to play it but I want to wait x_X I played it slightly before I came to the forums but only got past the first boss before stopping.
It wouldn't be the first game I attempted to play through not being to read it but I have ways to make myself wait a little longer.
I want to finish all the stuff on dark souls 2 at least once beforehand and play though Klonoa Moonlight museum' Klonoa Dream Champ Tournoment and Klonoa Beach volley ball since I've not fully completed those.  Then possibly a another sort of screenshot set or 2 but that's just a partial idea atm.

So I have a lot to keep me distracted enough to continue to wait on a Klonoa Hero's Patch. -I could just attempt to learn Japanese that is something I may try this/next year sometime-

Offline dummy

• Dumbness Incarnate
  • Star Member
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 10:48:27 am »
The results say "HOOYEAH! IT'S AWESOME!", Which means i should to, Thanks! :D

(You can still post your opinion, again.)

Offline CalmSerenity

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 52
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 01:36:20 pm »
No! Halt! Stop right there!!! :O

Ehh, I'd say it depends. In my opinion, I think the gameplay by itself is okay. But if you can't read any Japanese, then I think the game would end up being unnecessarily harder, since the tutorials offer some info that would help a lot :)

But when you combine the gameplay AND story/dialogue, it's definitely a lot better, going from okay to good! So I suggest that you at least wait until the translation of tutorials and cutscenes are posted, then you can play if you want! :D

Offline Artsy

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2014, 12:11:24 am »
Personally I read the transcript because the story really is the best part about the game, it made me legit cry as much as DTP did.

Offline Scroptels Gluzar

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 24
    • Pixiv
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2014, 12:31:06 am »
Personally I read the transcript because the story really is the best part about the game, it made me legit cry as much as DTP did.
I did the same, and yeah the story is the best part of the game. I think it can still be enjoyed without the translation and reading Aoi's trasnscript, but it will surely be more enjoyable with the translation ingame like Calm said.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 12:33:34 am by Scroptels GL »