For each time you go to Idle Chatter, Lolo trips over an object.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: If Tat was in a fighting game, what would her moves be?  (Read 6014 times)

Offline Magus

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: -20
If Tat was in a fighting game, what would her moves be?
« on: July 15, 2016, 02:46:54 pm »
Alright, fun thing to think about... If there was a fighting game with Klonoa, what would Tat's movesets be? It can reference her personality or reference what she has done in the game. Why am I asking this question with Tat specifically in mind? Well... I'm putting the little rascal in MUGEN cuz why not. I already started her off with one special move and a few normal attacks so far.
I'm John Doe and I'm anonymous.

Offline Randomizer

• Villain in Training
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 33
  • The Regular Army is no more
Re: If Tat was in a fighting game, what would her moves be?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 02:53:48 pm »
You could use some of her moves from Klonoa Beach Volleyball like her finisher, the "Super Tat Robot Press" :unsure:

Offline Magus

• Hero in Training
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 03:17:59 pm »
Yep, that would be her super move, and the volley ball will be used as one of her specials. Any thing else?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 03:21:34 pm by Bartz »

Offline Mobotropolis

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 07:01:20 pm »
I have thought about this question a little ... for no particular reason.

Tat is a fast character who uses her claws and her body as her primary weapon. Since she was designed as a Counterpart to Popka who is also a fast but " floaty " character with deliberate Tat is a fast and " bouncy " character who moves more erratically which allows her to dodge attacks easier.

As a fighter I'm imagining something like a mix between Janga from Heroes who floated around, can create copies of himself, and primarily attacks with his claws and energy-like slashes and Morrigan Ashland who also has a counterpart she can summon at will in Lilth and might use something " surprise " attacks with the help of machinery.

Offline Artsy

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 09:57:53 pm »
I'll admit to having put a little too much thought into making a Klonoa fighting game (considering, well, smash ain't letting him in anytime soon) and, while I originally thought of Tat as more of a support character, she really does deserve to be on the roster as her own. Since I'm always one to favor aesthetics over actual competitive use, I honestly wonder what creative ways she could be shown taunting or blocking an attack...

Tat would pretty much be the reason that taunts would be needed in a game like this.

Hell, I'm pretty sure Tat is the reason there are taunts in beach volley.

Offline Magus

• Hero in Training
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2016, 08:09:25 am »
I have thought about this question a little ... for no particular reason.

Tat is a fast character who uses her claws and her body as her primary weapon. Since she was designed as a Counterpart to Popka who is also a fast but " floaty " character with deliberate Tat is a fast and " bouncy " character who moves more erratically which allows her to dodge attacks easier.

As a fighter I'm imagining something like a mix between Janga from Heroes who floated around, can create copies of himself, and primarily attacks with his claws and energy-like slashes and Morrigan Ashland who also has a counterpart she can summon at will in Lilth and might use something " surprise " attacks with the help of machinery.

As she already uses her claws,  I think your idea is better than how I imagined her to be. That being medium paced, average at avoiding attacks (AKA having the default jumping height and speed from that Kung Fu Man person which suprise, suprise most MUGEN developers don't bother changing), and not to bouncy and floaty.

I already implemented that into her yesterday but didn't have the time to announce that since it's been my "bed time" already.

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 31
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 06:45:52 pm »
I imagine Tat playing a lot like Felicia does in Darkstalkers/Vampire Savior. Primarily using short-range melee attacks with very few projectile abilities. Can't imagine Tat clinging onto the side of the screen though.

P.S. it's neat seeing another Klonoa fighting game thread here again~ I was going to work on one myself but because of personal beeswax, I had to quit the project. Didn't make so much progress either.

Offline Magus

• Hero in Training
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 10:12:23 pm »
I imagine Tat playing a lot like Felicia does in Darkstalkers/Vampire Savior. Primarily using short-range melee attacks with very few projectile abilities. Can't imagine Tat clinging onto the side of the screen though.

P.S. it's neat seeing another Klonoa fighting game thread here again~ I was going to work on one myself but because of personal beeswax, I had to quit the project. Didn't make so much progress either.

I'm already up at 5 special moves and 3 of them are projectiles (I guess "controled trap"/ health items moves count as projectiles too) so jokes on you, she's gonna be a proejctile master!

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 31
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2016, 05:14:17 pm »

I'm already up at 5 special moves and 3 of them are projectiles (I guess "controled trap"/ health items moves count as projectiles too) so jokes on you, she's gonna be a proejctile master!

Oiii, I played meself..... Sounds swell though~

Have you thought about alt. color schemes/costumes for her yet?

Offline Magus

• Hero in Training
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2016, 11:41:55 am »
Oiii, I played meself..... Sounds swell though~

Have you thought about alt. color schemes/costumes for her yet?

Nope. I wish I could have her normal form, black, and white as well as white and green from Beach Volleyball. However that would seem impossible at the moment. For now, she's all white until I finish up the character entirely.