Windbullet: mod, magazine, or machine? O:

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: WHO WANTS A (PLAYABLE) KLONOA WII DUB?!!!  (Read 3213 times)

Offline Megahog2014

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
  • Lets Do This!!!!!
WHO WANTS A (PLAYABLE) KLONOA WII DUB?!!!
« on: July 02, 2020, 06:08:42 am »
Nah but seriously folks I've been poking around the remake's filesystem and have happened to come across the entire cast's lines just sittin there in the "d" folder and thats no lie. But really I did actually found a way to replace Klonoa's entire voice with a new one. Only problem I have is that I have no new voice for klonoa! Well within a few day's hopefully I can get dubable clips out once I start messing around with Klonoa's voice lines. If you are curious on what exactly I was poking around with and want to try their own dub. The Tools I used to find them are Wiiscrubber to grab the phantom_snd.brsar file in the game and BrawlBox to look into brsar file for the voice recordings. I hope to hear everyone's response and criticism. Have a good day and I'll see yall later!

UPDATE 7/8/2020
Ok so I have been able to test out the replacement and It works! On Both Consoles and Dolphin so now I need a brand new voice actor for Klonoa himself. I'll figure out some details and post in a new Topic once I got stuff figured out! Until then Stay safe and good day!

UPDATE 7/14/2020
Hey guys it took me a while, But, I got video on voice replacement in action be warned the voice I did was just for fun and a bit quiet so I suggest using headphones in the monologue area. Also gameplay was recorded from Dolphin (Ishiiruka edition) so the sound is a bit crunchy in a few areas right now I'm waiting for youtube to finish the edited version.

UPDATE 8/16/2020
Hey guys a small update. So I was messing around with the game files and figure out that I can edit the game's text in the bin files in the messages folder for the us folder. A bit of a mouthful huh? Well to put it in a layman's terms... I can now edit the game's text and I have pics to show proof of concept.
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

UPDATE 2/14/2022
As you may be aware, a remake has been announced for Klonoa 1 and 2 for the Nintendo Switch and other platforms. In light  of the miraculous news, I will be putting the project on Haitus. While I'm not entirely sure if the remake is going to have another dub or remaking the similar Gibberish to the PS1 original, I feel it's probably for the best to put this on hold so that the announced remake will have more support. Thanks for the support and questions, Have a good one!

Megahog 2014
« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 02:09:06 pm by Megahog2014 »
I am me.... I do things differently from others.... I may see things in a way others don't.... I might be strange to others eyes... but to myself I am a normal person....

Offline RicAlbuquerque

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
Re: WHO WANTS A (PLAYABLE) KLONOA WII DUB?!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2020, 09:51:01 am »
It would be fun to watch the cutscenes with a completely new voice acting. BTW, if you can, try doing this with the other games that have voice acting. It might be an unpopular opinion, but I would like to see an english dub of these games (especially Lunatea's Veil).
Awaiting the return of our lord and savior Pac-Man

Offline Megahog2014

• Hero in Training
  • Lets Do This!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2020, 12:22:57 pm »
Well that depends on the tools available. Plus I would have to find a way to test the games as my computer is not exactly strong enough for accurate emulation to try. Though for the Klonoa Wii I haven't added any new voice for klonoa yet as I couldn't find clips to put over klonoa's voice. I'm thinking using banjo's voice for testing.
I am me.... I do things differently from others.... I may see things in a way others don't.... I might be strange to others eyes... but to myself I am a normal person....

Offline RicAlbuquerque

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 1
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2020, 04:31:34 pm »
It would be funny if you used some voice clips from Sonic games. Then the joke about Klonoa sounding like a Sonic character in the Wiimake can come full circle.
Awaiting the return of our lord and savior Pac-Man

Offline Megahog2014

• Hero in Training
  • Lets Do This!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2020, 08:01:23 pm »
Oh DAMN!! Now that's a parody I would like to see happen... and good news Inserting new voice clips works so we can get a whole new dub ready to go for Klonoa wii.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2020, 11:02:05 pm »
I hope your fun little project goes well. Also I had the bad idea of just making joka speak french and only french.
I'd love to throw pirate speak in there somewhere... but who. Anyway ah you just made me brainstorm a little is all. I hope for the best.

Offline Megahog2014

• Hero in Training
  • Lets Do This!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2020, 08:34:57 pm »
I hope your fun little project goes well. Also I had the bad idea of just making joka speak french and only french.
I'd love to throw pirate speak in there somewhere... but who. Anyway ah you just made me brainstorm a little is all. I hope for the best.

Funny thing is, I was considering doing a parody dub for this as well. In fact it would be a an interactive abridged parody. So your ideas are not bad, in fact chances are it could be funny as hell!

It would be funny if you used some voice clips from Sonic games. Then the joke about Klonoa sounding like a Sonic character in the Wiimake can come full circle.

I think I might know someone who can do the voice in the parody version (If I can get that up and running

Offline Megahog2014

• Hero in Training
  • Lets Do This!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2020, 12:01:19 am »
A bit off Topic Voka`daemyn but I seem to stumble on this

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2020, 07:01:16 pm »
Hah french Ghadius. I like German Ghadius also hehehe.

Offline SerialDreams

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • Huepow! Rupuruduu!
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2020, 06:01:15 pm »
I would like to hear Klonoa speak in English with a voice close his original Japanese voice.
Is there a way to modify the displayed dialogue?
If so I would DIE to see an English re-dub that stays closer to the original translation from the original PS1 game.
"Wahii, rupurudu!" = "Okay, let's go!"