Browsing this site on a smartphone? Be sure to browse it in landscape for the best experience!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: KLONOA PHANTASY REVERIE CONFIRMED FOR NINTENDO SWITCH  (Read 8693 times)

Offline liquid_salad

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
  • Yo whats up!
Re: KLONOA PHANTASY REVERIE CONFIRMED FOR NINTENDO SWITCH
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2022, 08:16:09 am »
please tell me i wasn’t the only one who cried when got the news

i almost cried, KLONOA 2022!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :big_smile: :big_smile:
Subarashii ~ mirai
Subarashii ~ jidai
Subarashii ~ kako
Subarashii ~ kuni
Subarashii ~ wa ~ ta ~ shi

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 48
    • My homepage
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2022, 11:51:04 am »
please tell me i wasn’t the only one who cried when got the news
Nope, I too had the biggest smile on my face with tears in my eyes. ='D

Offline dollstaff

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2022, 12:43:37 pm »
btw for those who dont know its coming to all platforms like ps and xbox and steam, but at a later unkown date, check the end of the trailer

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 48
    • My homepage
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2022, 04:20:40 pm »
Here are two videos I made comparing the new footage with the original footage from Klonoa (Wii) and Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil.

Offline OCG

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
  • Serbian Prinny
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2022, 05:36:23 pm »
Excellent news but it makes me wonder why are they using low-quality PS1 audio?
Hopefully, with the PC release, it will be possible to port audio from the Wii version.

Offline SuperHylia

• Wind
  • i wahoo or something
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2022, 07:13:51 pm »
So wait, I'm kinda confused but loving this at the same time: is this confirmed as a REMASTER (as in the game is the same under the hood but in higher quality like Wind Waker HD) or a REMAKE (redone from the ground up like Ocarina of Time 3D or the Spyro Reignited Trilogy)? I know a lot of remasters and remakes and rereleases often use different terms

I saw a comment on the trailer that said it was a remaster of the DtP Wii remake and the original PS2 version of LV, but the models for DtP look significantly different especially in size, and I don't remember there being an "original" small costume in the Wiimake.

Still really excited either way!

Offline OCG

• Moo
  • Serbian Prinny
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2022, 08:47:27 pm »
So wait, I'm kinda confused but loving this at the same time: is this confirmed as a REMASTER (as in the game is the same under the hood but in higher quality like Wind Waker HD) or a REMAKE (redone from the ground up like Ocarina of Time 3D or the Spyro Reignited Trilogy)? I know a lot of remasters and remakes and rereleases often use different terms

I saw a comment on the trailer that said it was a remaster of the DtP Wii remake and the original PS2 version of LV, but the models for DtP look significantly different especially in size, and I don't remember there being an "original" small costume in the Wiimake.

Still really excited either way!

Klonoa Phantasy Reverie is classified as remaster.
For Lunatea's Veil, it's obvious 100% that it is not a remake from the ground up
and for Door to Phantomile, they are using Wiimake as a base but tweaking a lot of things such as models, animations, and textures, but Wiimake is still used as a base game so it's not a remake from the ground up but it is heavily enhanced and remastered.
I like how the model looks closer to PS1 model but I don't think using PS1 audio was a good choice.

Offline SuperHylia

• Wind
  • i wahoo or something
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2022, 09:10:05 pm »
Klonoa Phantasy Reverie is classified as remaster.
For Lunatea's Veil, it's obvious 100% that it is not a remake from the ground up
and for Door to Phantomile, they are using Wiimake as a base but tweaking a lot of things such as models, animations, and textures, but Wiimake is still used as a base game so it's not a remake from the ground up but it is heavily enhanced and remastered.
I like how the model looks closer to PS1 model but I don't think using PS1 audio was a good choice.

Ah, okay, thanks! I had thought it was a remaster but I know a lot of games recently have mixed the two terms up pretty much interchangeably. I saw the smaller Klonoa model in the trailer and immediately thought it was a remake but then I saw the deluxe edition and it has the art for the Wii remake on the cover instead of the original/new art. Still looks wonderful though, even if I find them using the original compressed audio really odd for the trailer. Maybe they wanted to ensure fans that the Wiimake voice acting wasn't in or something, but why use the compressed audio? Surely they have the originals somewhere. 

Offline OCG

• Moo
  • Serbian Prinny
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2022, 09:43:49 pm »
Ah, okay, thanks! I had thought it was a remaster but I know a lot of games recently have mixed the two terms up pretty much interchangeably. I saw the smaller Klonoa model in the trailer and immediately thought it was a remake but then I saw the deluxe edition and it has the art for the Wii remake on the cover instead of the original/new art. Still looks wonderful though, even if I find them using the original compressed audio really odd for the trailer. Maybe they wanted to ensure fans that the Wiimake voice acting wasn't in or something, but why use the compressed audio? Surely they have the originals somewhere.

I don't understand why not include Wiimake voice acting as a bonus additional track.
They could allow players to choose English, Japanese or uncompressed Phantomilian.
I guess they feel they would then be obligated to dub Klonoa 2 in English and Japanese as well and they probably don't wanna waste money on doing so.
Still, I hope it will be possible to mod audio for Klonoa 1 in Steam release.
I personally prefer the Japanese Wiimake dub to be the best choice.

Offline GamerBoyFan1234

• Wind
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2022, 04:02:45 pm »
I made a Poster for the 25th Anniversary Poster for the New Klonoa Game Coming Out.