Vincentmrl's Mac can make origami out of hamburga french fry. Don't ask how.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: CONFIRMED: Animated Klonoa film in the works at Henshin (Now Cancelled)  (Read 52932 times)

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: CONFIRMED: Animated Klonoa film in the works at Henshin
« Reply #170 on: January 03, 2019, 11:14:35 pm »
Interesting bit of history.

Offline CacmanZero

• Moo
  • Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 56
  • Moo's Dreams
« Reply #171 on: January 03, 2019, 11:51:44 pm »
ShiftyLook keep before integrity interesting.

Offline Mobotropolis

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
« Reply #172 on: January 05, 2019, 12:34:58 am »
Wonder if they're going to be able to show anything they did so far or if it's going to be a NDA like Noctis Sol.

If it's the former -- I'd actually be thrilled since one of the reasons I stalled with my writing (besides no longer having a Beta Reader to bounce ideas off) was trying to come up with new material. Or at least new angles. And maybe hearing what people who are closer to the creator might do with the characters could help with that.

Feel like Namco having the creatives be so tight-lipped about attempts to revive the series means that this isn't the end for Klonoa, but not sharing anything at all for weeks/months besides "we're working on it" leads to other frustrations.

Offline mushroom32x

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 48
    • My homepage
« Reply #173 on: January 05, 2019, 12:36:14 pm »
If you haven't seen it, lots of news sites are reporting on the cancellation which at least is bringing Klonoa some attention: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-01-05/hitoshi-ariga-klonoa-animated-film-project-is-cancelled/.141613

Offline SuperKlonoa64

• demonic snorlax
  • Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 6
« Reply #174 on: January 05, 2019, 03:19:34 pm »
*Wipes dust off monitor*

Wow, it's been awhile since I've been here. Wonder what's goin' on?  WHAT!? THE KLONOA MOVIE'S BEEN CANCELLED!!??!! :O

Note to self: Attend site more often.

Offline Mobotropolis

• Hero in Training
« Reply #175 on: January 07, 2019, 09:14:56 pm »
... I don't want to say it sounds like they're pointing the finger at Henshin ... but it sounds like they're pointing the finger at Henshin.

What it Sounds Like with my Shoddy Translator Skills -

The film was not and never in production by Namco.
Namco gave their permission for Henshin to use the IP.

Henshin announced the movie almost immediately after securing rights.
That was a surprise to Namco, as the project had not been officially Greenlit.

Henshin had a deadline to submit their pitch to the Namco Division responsible for older IPs for final approval.

Two years passed.

Then Team Henshin canceled the project.
And that came as a surprise to Namco, too.

Offline Painty

• Heart Moo
« Reply #176 on: January 07, 2019, 10:11:11 pm »
Honestly, It's Namco's fault either way more than anything. If they weren't so uptight NDA-heavy - Things would have gone a lot smoother. Not even companies like Sega or Capcom are this NDA heavy. This goes for not just the Klonoa film project, but also voice actors being unable to answer people about what they work on, game developers giving insight on certain games and many more.
In my opinion, being less NDA-heavy doesn't sound like it would've helped Henshin get off the ground, and wouldn't do much for the movie production-wise. But I don't know anything about this kind of stuff, so I could be wrong.

Overall, I'm beginning to doubt Henshin was the right group for such an ambitious project, let it be noted that I do appreciate their attempt, and acknowledge their love for this series. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think @overthemoonpie said something along the lines of them showing signs of a rocky start as a company, one example being announced projects on their website being taken down without notice.

I really want to hold onto my hope for Klonoa, and with a Namco employee saying the company is aware of the demand for something new for the series, referencing to a tweet with over 2000 retweets, I might, just might, have a reason to.

...Actually, is 2000 retweets a lot for a tweet? I don't use Twitter, so I wouldn't know.  :sick:

Offline Mobotropolis

• Hero in Training
« Reply #177 on: January 07, 2019, 10:21:44 pm »
I'd like to hear Team Henshin's side of the story before deciding where the fault lies.

From the sound of it, Namco wasn't really in a position to tell Henshin what they could or couldn't do.

They hadn't been given anything to judge in that regard.

[qupte]I really want to hold onto my hope for Klonoa, and with a Namco employee saying the company is aware of the demand for something new for the series, referencing to a tweet with over 2000 retweets, I might, just might, have a reason to.[/quote]

Klonoa was Top 10 Trending when the movie was announced.

Feel the only reason it didn't the day of the cancellation was that it was a Holiday Week/end.

Offline Painty

• Heart Moo
« Reply #178 on: January 08, 2019, 01:06:05 am »
I'd like to hear Team Henshin's side of the story before deciding where the fault lies.

From the sound of it, Namco wasn't really in a position to tell Henshin what they could or couldn't do.

They hadn't been given anything to judge in that regard.

You're right. We should wait to hear the full story before making any judgments.

Klonoa was Top 10 Trending when the movie was announced.

Feel the only reason it didn't the day of the cancellation was that it was a Holiday Week/end.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Alrighty, then. There's no doubt in my mind Namco Bandai hears our voices. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens next...

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 31
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #179 on: January 08, 2019, 01:50:12 am »
Honestly, It's Namco's fault either way more than anything. If they weren't so uptight NDA-heavy - Things would have gone a lot smoother. Not even companies like Sega or Capcom are this NDA heavy. This goes for not just the Klonoa film project, but also voice actors being unable to answer people about what they work on, game developers giving insight on certain games and many more.

http://klonoa-at-blog.tumblr.com/post/181825229793/a-fan-tweeted-to-haradatekken-katsuhiro-harada

Please read this before you go blaming Namco for every little thing.