Huepow is the real villian in Door to Phantomile.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Klonoa Fan Film  (Read 49967 times)

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
Klonoa Fan Film
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2013, 10:54:04 pm »
Quote from: "John Smith"
How is the progress going?
Progress was halted due to one of life's curve-balls that usurped a lot of my time and energy. Should have something going on Monday and post same day or Wednesday.

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
Klonoa Fan Film
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2013, 08:22:10 pm »
Act 3.5

_____Klonoa awoke as light from the day began to illuminate the room. Taking a deep breath the smell of freshly baked breakfast filled his nose. Stomach grumbling in anticipation Klonoa clambered out of bed. Leaving his room, adjusting his hair and hat he could hear idle chatter from the dining hall. Entering the hall ____(steve) and two of the other three seers from last night were at the same table.
_____One of the seers, younger in appearance, perked up in excitement as Klonoa entered the room, “Ah Dream Traveler you are awake. Come please sit; you've got quite the adventure today.”
_____Breakfast came from the kitchen being carried by the final seer from the conversation last night. The platter was filled with what looked like bread and warm beverages. Klonoa sat as the platter was placed on the table. “Good day Dream Traveler and good luck. I must attend to other matters; good luck and farewell.” The seer quickly turned and exited the hall with a bit of swiftness towards the garden outside.
_________(steve) turned to Klonoa and with an upbeat tone said, “Well Klonoa, we have a lot of things to do today. Please have your fill and we will depart; and grab your things, we will not be returning.”
_____Surprised, Klonoa queried as he grabbed a piece of food, “Not returning? There are two other ____ to go. Will we be staying somewhere else tonight?”
_________(steve) responded heavily, “No. Please, we must finish everything today.”
_____“Oh, okay no problem. We can do it!”
_____“I know we can.”
_____Klonoa, ____(steve) and the other two seers ate through most of the food in silence until the younger seer spoke.
_____“Dream Traveler, do you know where you're going next? I have not been there yet in my training but I hear it changes people...not...not in a physical sense but how the world is perceived.”
_____Klonoa with his mouth full remained silent.
_________(steve) interjected, “That is indeed correct. When I first became a seer I too questioned how such a place could change me. I did not believe I was going to change. I already knew from my studies what lay at the ____ but seeing it with my own eyes and my mind; it really does make changes.”
_____Finally swallowing the mouthful of food Klonoa asked, “How can something change the way I perceive the world? What can I experience that is different that what I have already seen?”
_____“The world has many wonders to show on the surface but it what we find underneath that makes us truly understand and change. Even when we do not want to change, life has a way of making change.”
_____The third seer spoke with a chuckle, “Oh ____(steve), don't go all metaphorical on him. The dream traveler will find these things out on his own in time. I'm sure both of you will come out of this in one piece. Just remember what you can and persevere. Now if you'll excuse me, I must attend to my garden. Farewell and good luck.”
_____The seers stood up and with a nod excused themselves from the hall leaving Klonoa and ____(steve) in peace. Moments later Klonoa finished the last pieces of food on the table with pleasure.
_____Upon finishing the last bite of food ____(steve) stood and motioned his hand towards the garden outside, “Shall we depart?”.
_____Klonoa followed ____(steve) to the exit. ____(steve) opened the door and a large gust of cold humid wind burst inward. It was raining quite heavily outside; one of the strongest storms Klonoa had experienced in awhile.
_____In dismay Klonoa said, “The sun was shining this morning wasn't it?”
_____“Yes it was,” ____(steve) said with confidence. “The next ___ will probably have the answer.”
_________(steve) stepped out into the cold harsh wind. The vine covered overhang shielded the pathways from most of the water. Klonoa, following ____(steve), meticulously observed and avoided all the puddles on the way. Eventually standing in the spot they had appeared from yesterday ____(steve) reached out his hand and began to glow. Klonoa quickly grabbed with a firm chilled grip as a gust of wind almost blew his hat away. The glow increased and the gusting wind slowly faded away along with the cold, color and smell of rain...and for a moment Klonoa felt he would have rather stayed.

Offline John Smith

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: -36
Klonoa Fan Film
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2013, 12:05:01 pm »
Good continue on.

Offline John Smith

• Hero in Training
Klonoa Fan Film
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2013, 07:18:33 am »
How is the progress going?

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
Klonoa Fan Film
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2013, 12:20:39 pm »
holiday prep and friends suddenly wanting to hang or play videogames online with me have been a distraction. I've got about 1/3 of part 4 written and remainder of part 4 is already thought out; just needs to be typed.

I should have part 4 done before the end of next week. Part 5 which is the end of the story, should be done the week after. Proof reading and adjustments for the entire story will start immediately after posting part 5; I do not know how long it will take or how much I will change before finalizing.

I have a wattpad account and posted part 1 and 2 there but have not clicked the Publish button. I figure if people are going to be able to see and read the story it may as well be finished.

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
Klonoa Fan Film
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2013, 03:56:54 pm »
Had to rework the last quarter of the part but here it is finally. There are a few parts in this section that I want to add to as they read a little rushed to me or I do not feel like they have enough weight...or time spent. But like I've said earlier, I'll revisit everything when I get the last part done. Still haven't gotten around to picking names for people or places ^o)

Act 4

_____A large rectangular building formed as the bright light emanating from ____(steve) faded. Chilled and humid air began its work in removing the warmth Klonoa still felt from the dining hall. Stagnant water surrounding the building came into focus along with the glaring reflection of the sun. Looking around, tall trees were scattered across the prairie landscape; the body of water surrounding the building seemed to be perfectly centered in the terrain.
_____Klonoa shielding his eyes from the reflection asked, “Where are we this time?”
_________(steve) responded, “We are at the Temple of ____ which contains the second element of my phantomile. The answer to the strange weather changes should be here; at least that is what my studies as a seer point towards. There should be a bridge to cross the moat. And same as the last ____ my powers do not work here and I can not handle the element so I will aid in powering your ring.” ____(steve) quickly became a vibrant blue an vanished into Klonoa's ring.
_____Squinting from the reflection of the sun across the water Klonoa located what looked like the foundation for a bridge at the edge of the water. Walking closer, the sun was conveniently covered by a cloud revealing a mound of dirt leading to the bridge which had fallen into disrepair. A single rope sagged and stretched across the moat, clearly the other parts of the bridge had broken away somehow. Seeing no other way to cross the water Klonoa quizzically tested the strength of the rope.
_____“Can always swim across,” said ____(steve).
_____Klonoa, having no other choice, grabbed the rope tightly with both hands, wrapped his legs around and began shuffling his way across. The rope creaked and lamented as Klonoa edged out over the water. “So ____(steve), when did you become a seer?” Klonoa asked jittering.
_____“Ohhh, not too long ago. I honestly have not been counting but it is three years now at least.”
_____“Wha- Wha-t lead you int-to becoming a seer?”
_____“I really enjoy learning. Becoming a seer allowed me to dedicate my time to learning stuff most people never even dream of.”
_____“Is that why we are the only ones gathering the elements?”
_____“A straight and blunt answer would be yes. Most seers join for more common studies; answers to questions with immediate results. I on the other hand, found more purpose in learning the reasons behind the difficulties. I have solved problems with ancient answers that no modern method could solve and the situation I called you in for is another example.”
_____Crack! The sound came from the bridge supports still holding up the rope. More creaking and whining traveled through the coil. Klonoa's heart sank. Nearing the center of the moat the rope had sagged close to less than a meter from the water. Klonoa could feel the water's chill as he neared the trough of the rope. Ears barely touching the water he could feel a breeze building. Small waves began to form in the water.
_________(steve) broke the suspended silence, “May want to hurry to avoid getting wet. If the wind picks up any more the moat will be full of larger waves.”
_____Klonoa looked down to see the stagnant moat was becoming restless. Diverting his eyes towards the sky, clouds had fully invaded without permission. Klonoa took a deep breath and quickened his shuffling speed. Swaying in the wind Klonoa's heart sank deeper as the rope wailed louder with the increasing wind. Waves splashed all around threatening to tackle the rope each pass. Droplets of ice cold water contacted Klonoa's clothing and fur as he shuffled across the final portions of the rope. Finally at the other side, he dropped from the rope and lay sprawled out on the grass heart pounding.
_____Chuckling, ____(steve) said, “Managed to make it across without the rope breaking or getting drenched; impressive. Should stand up and get to the door before you catch a cold.”
_____Catching his breath Klonoa stood up. “Yes, it is becoming quite chilly out here.”
_____Splash!
_____“Manyaaa!?!” A large wave had managed to escape the moat and drench Klonoa. “That water is freezing!” Wrapping his arms around himself and looking over his shoulder the moat the waves were so large they were escaping the moat boundaries and causing devastation to the plant life at the edges. Head down and drowning in self pity, “We should hurry inside before we are swept away...I hope it is very warm inside.”
_____“Careful what you wish for; never know what could be waiting for us inside the ____”
_____With haste Klonoa crossed the patch of grass separating the ___ from the moat. Grabbing the door handle he thrust the door open and stepped inside closing the door behind him.
_____Entering the ___ it was hot; really hot. Klonoa already feeling like he was sweltering calmed his thoughts and observed his surroundings. Rubbing his eyes in disbelief Klonoa perceived no walls and no ceiling; just a vast sand desert with a blistering hot sun overhead. Further in disbelief Klonoa turned around to see the door was still there. Klonoa opened the door and a gust of cold air and a spray of water pressed inward. Slamming the door shut, “The weather is a bit nicer in here...”
_____“Very intersting; amazing! The mystery around this place is thicker than what the books try to convey. Oh I wish I could be experiencing the sensations with you.”
_____Klonoa rolled his eyes.
_____“But-, but we must stay on task. Let us hurry to the element.”
_____“Okay...which way?” Klonoa asked in dismay.
_____“Well the books vaguely state that this temple tests the determination of people seeking something. The test could be as simple as enduring the elements.”
_____“So all we need to do is overcome the tests and the element will present itself?”
_____“There is no information against it.”
_____Klonoa turned his back to the door and began walking across the endless desert. As he walked he could feel the intense heat from the sand radiating up through his shoes.
_____Most of the water that had drenched him had evaporated and the blistering sun was becoming unbearable. “No shade,” Klonoa mumbled under his breath, “We've been walking for a long time.”
_____“Can't be too much farther. These dunes are probably just blocking our view.”
_____“Maybe there is something we are missing. Did the books say anything about these ___?”
_____“This ___ has almost zero information about it. Very few people venture here or have a desire to study such an ancient and complex mystery. One book spoke as if the temple presented 'tests' as a figurative of something. Unfortunately the book was so old that segments of the writing had faded or are missing.”
_____Standing at the top of a sand dune Klonoa paused. His entire body felt like it was too close to an open flame. Gazing to the horizon a sense of desperation for shelter from the heat arose. But then Klonoa spotted a black spot not too far away. “There it is!” He rushed down the dune, almost tripping on the sand as he went, and hastily trekked to the black spot he saw.
_____Feeling lost, Klonoa climbed the last dune and spotted the door. It was dark black as if charred by a flame. Dehydrated and exhausted Klonoa reached out and flopped his body against the door. Taking one last look across the desert he slightly opened the door and slipped through.
_____The new environment was refreshing. Water was streaming down the rocks lining the door. Small flowers and moss lavishly surrounded the door and pools of water scattered about the area. The sun was no longer blistering hot. Without hesitation Klonoa lurched to the nearest pool of water and began drinking. The water was perfect.
_________(steve) spoke in awe, “Lovely place.”
_____“So far this room seems pretty easy,” said Klonoa slightly out of breath from drinking.
_____“Oh don't start underestimating the ___.”
_____Refreshed, Klonoa sat on a nearby collection of rocks. A dense facade of trees presented itself a short distance from the door. No sound came from the trees and there was no indication of additional life. After a moments pause, “Okay we should get going. Just one more drink and we'll set out through this forest.” As Klonoa reached his hand into the pool the source of spring turned to ice. The ice continued to grow down the stream of water. In fright Klonoa pulled his hand out as the ice fully encased the pool and then invaded the moss and flowers that had made the pools their home.
_____Shocked Klonoa stood up and slowly backed away from the door. “That's a bit harsh isn't it?”
_____“Battling the elements can be harsh.”
_____Turning to face the trees Klonoa noticed the forest had also changed. A cold fog had moved in and covered the forest floor to waist height.
_________(steve) whispered, “We haven't time to lose.”
_____“Wahoo...”
_____Entering the forest the sun provided enough light to see clearly. The fog however was chilling to the touch and thick, making each rock, root, and fallen branch an obstacle. Venturing farther into the forest the trees became more dense and the air chill was beginning to have a bite. Sunlight was decaying and insufficient.
_____Klonoa stopped moving and looked around. “We've been walking for a long time... Are we lost?”
_____“Interesting way to pose the question. If we have been traversing the forest the same way we walked through the desert the door should present itself.”
_____“Okay but I am getting chilled to the bone again from this fog and I can not see where we're going anymore.”
_____“Hmmm, hang on. Something is wrong.”
_____“What is it? Are we in danger?”
_____“No, no, just...I do not feel disconnected from my powers as much here.”
_____“Are we walking the wrong way!”
_____With a nervous tone, “No, no...I must think; keep walking.”
_____“It's too dark, I can't see.”
_____“Right, right, um... here let me create some light.”
_____The gem in Klonoa's ring began to glow with a white light.
_____Astonished, “Your powers work here?”
_____“They should not work here; something must be wrong with the ___. We must hurry and find the door.”
_____“Wahoo!” Klonoa continued forward with a new found fervor. As Klonoa pressed onward he noticed the fog was dissipating and sunlight was returning. Hurdling over a fallen tree Klonoa almost ran face first into the door. “Finally found it.” Klonoa quickly opened the door and stepped through.
_____Now in the next room Klonoa stood in what looked like a normal but empty wooden house interior. The door was clearly visible a short distance away and was oddly painted with white blotches.
_____“Wha-? The room is empty? Is this some kind of trick?”
_____“Maybe it is but we do not have time to stand around.”
_____“Right,” Klonoa affirmed. He rushed across the room and everything felt normal; even the sound of his shoes against the wood flooring sounded normal. Stopping in front of the door Klonoa curiously examined the white blotches which plagued the flawless facade. He raised his hand and touched a blotch at eye level but there was nothing to touch; Klonoa's hand continued into the white abyss. “Maybe the this room is broken.” Pulling his hand back to his side and peering over his shoulder there was nothing else visible wrong with the room. Grabbing the door handle he opened the door with caution as if something might be on the other side. Peering through the door and finding nothing hazardous he stepped through and closed the door behind him.
_____There it was, the element resting on a wooden pestle in the middle of the room. Looking around Klonoa could see the white blotches were larger and more populous but did not obstruct a straight path to the element. Not seeing any obstacles or any reason to suspect trickery Klonoa carefully watched the white spots as they appeared to slowly grow while he walked towards the element. The element partially covered by one of the white blotches was half yellow and half a transparent blue inside the white abyss.
_________(steve) burst out with concern, “See that Klonoa, the element is being attacked!”
_____“Attacked?”
_____“Whatever magic is creating these white abyssal spaces is using them to consume the element; this would explain why the weather patterns have been unstable.”
_____“And why the last room was empty.”
_____“Precisely! Quick, take the element.”
_____Klonoa reached out and touched the yellow half of the element. The element appeared to struggle as it faded away and pulled from the abyss; a yellow mist spiraled up Klonoa's arm and disappeared.
_____With relief ____(steve) said, “Great, now let us get out of here. Go back to the previous room so we can travel to the final element.”
_____Klonoa scurried back the previous room. There was a blue flash and ____(steve) was standing adjacent to Klonoa.
_________(steve) put out his hand in silence. Klonoa grasped his hand firmly and the wooden room faded away as all the places had.

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
Klonoa Fan Film
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2013, 01:19:07 pm »
currently conflicted as to how to progress. I have multiple location ideas for the ending but still deciding and re-arranging my thoughts about them.

In the long run with holidays around the corner I probably won't be thinking hard enough on the project to type the last part out before xmas or maybe even New Years. Maybe I'll have an epiphany
:-/

Offline John Smith

• Hero in Training
Klonoa Fan Film
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2013, 05:24:23 pm »
Synfig the software to be used to animate the film could use some help with their crowdsourcing http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/set-your-priorities-for-synfig-development-in-january-2014 The new version will have some cool features http://www.synfig.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=4762 Thankfully its open source so even if it fails the Konoa fan film kickstarter could help improve it but it would make it easier to animate the film if the crowd sourcing campaign is successful.

Offline Seen

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
Klonoa Fan Film
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2013, 08:58:32 pm »
I think an original story is too much. Why don't you guys try focusing on just a novelization/script/screenplay of Door to Phantomile or something? The story in it progresses in the perfect way for a movie, and Namco is more likely to look and talk about it than a fan story which would probably heavily divide fans.

Focus on something like that for now. Trying to get to something like the actual animation in the woodworks stage is guaranteed to be suicide.

Offline John Smith

• Hero in Training
Klonoa Fan Film
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2014, 05:04:34 pm »
How is it going?