Countless of souls have perished staring at Aura's profile picture.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Hey everybody, my introduction I guess!  (Read 3394 times)

Offline Rhombal

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 3
  • say wahoo again you motharprudu, say wahoo again
Hey everybody, my introduction I guess!
« on: February 13, 2018, 07:51:40 pm »
 Hey, my name is TheHilariousBard, or usually I just go by Bard, or sometimes other names -- Sometimes as SpoonyBard. I've been a bit indecisive on a solid 'moniker', but for a lot of years I've just gone by Bard, I think since around 2008 – Short story behind the name, it was based on a character as an Elf Bard I made in Lord of the Rings Online.  :embarassed:

Where to start…? I guess I could say I’ve been really fond of the Klonoa series for a long time. When I was very young and I first got a Playstation 2, Klonoa 2 was one of the first and few games I went back to the local rental store again and again to rent out. I'm not sure why, maybe because they had a pretty shotty selection, or I just really liked the box case cover, but I guess I was just fond of Klonoa’s design or the story. I've never, and I emphasize, have really never had an affinity for 'furry' characters or lots of cutesy mascots when I was young, and only ever played Sonic games if I had to or if it was a gift, so it kind of strikes me as odd why I liked Klonoa so much. I think it must've been just the emotional attachment I had to it when I first started playing it. It was a rough time of my life, and every time since then I’d been playing a Klonoa game during a rough part of my life, either when my family was fighting or when one of my closest family had died. I had countless hours in Empire of Dreams for GBA when my Grandpa who I loved very much died of cancer, over a decade ago now.  I was kind of disappointed in the ending though, and sort of dropped interest in it because I was worried that was the end and it wouldn’t go anywhere after that. (I didn’t know Dream Champ Tournament existed at the time.)
Though I’ve become really interested in Klonoa again lately because I’ve been feeling very nostalgic, and I have such an affection for the series and wish it could come back in a big way – I’d heard rumors going around about the movie coming out soon and decided to go check out to see if there was still people interested in it to maybe celebrate with, and that’s how I ended up here.

Also maaaybe I was looking up the song and stumbled on this place in a google search.  ;)

Anyways, I’m really glad I found out this community exists, I’d have joined up sooner if I knew about it! I’ve been a part of a LOT of different communities and ‘fandoms’, though I kind of hate that word. Mostly Fallout, with the reddit and official BGS forum communities, and the PS2 game OKAGE: Shadow King’s similar fansite to this one ‘FearYourShadow’ though I kinda dropped out of there since the community around Okage died down. As well as Warhammer/W40k, aSoUE, Warcraft, Arcanum, LOTR and Dark Souls.  I’m a huge fan of a lot of other different media and have participated to a good degree in most online communities.

Writing is, I guess, somewhat relatively, my strong suit. Though I've dabbled a lot in art during my school years, it's nothing special so I don't draw as much as I used to. I hope I get to make some contribution to the community though! I’m a bit disappointed Windbullet seems to be over. :(

Though I hope I can help contribute somehow with other Klonoa fans while waiting for the movie coming soon! I can tell you I'm really excited for that, and hope it lives up to the hype!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 02:50:34 pm by TheHilariousBard »

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
Re: Hey everybody, my introduction I guess!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 08:13:18 pm »
Ah hello and welcome to the Klonoa collective  :D . Ah I am excited for the Klonoa movie. I can hardly wait for that one to come out.

I also play dark souls <: or I do some still when I get time.

Offline Questklonoa

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • Tiger-kun
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 09:15:32 pm »
Yo! Welcome to the Collective! :hey:

Enjoy your stay~

Offline Rhombal

• Moo
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 09:37:12 pm »
Ah hello and welcome to the Klonoa collective  :D . Ah I am excited for the Klonoa movie. I can hardly wait for that one to come out.

I also play dark souls <: or I do some still when I get time.

Yeah I am very psyched, I have a good feeling about it. It might not totally revive the series but I hope it might be a good sendoff regardless.  ;) I've also been playing the spiritual sequel Bloodborne and it's absolutely stellar

Yo! Welcome to the Collective! :hey:

Enjoy your stay~

Thank you!  :big_smile: I hope I can find some way I can contribute.

Offline Meguumin

• Contributor
  • Dreamer Rating: 31
  • Inconsistent lurker
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 10:26:00 pm »
Welcome~ Hope you enjoy your time here!

Offline Randomizer

• Villain in Training
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 33
  • The Regular Army is no more
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2018, 10:32:27 am »
Waphilio to the Collective, @TheHilariousBard :smile2:

Klonoa 2 is also the reason why I'm here in this lovely community as well :hey:

Also, sorry to hear to what happened to your grandfather, I truly am :(

Hope we could be pals and interact with each other ;)

Offline Rhombal

• Moo
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2018, 02:56:37 pm »
Waphilio to the Collective, @TheHilariousBard :smile2:

Klonoa 2 is also the reason why I'm here in this lovely community as well :hey:

Also, sorry to hear to what happened to your grandfather, I truly am :(

Hope we could be pals and interact with each other ;)

Thanks, but it's no problem. It's been over 11 years now since then.  :)

Offline NaughtyRoach

• Windy Boi
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 8
  • Just chilling.
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2018, 01:42:59 am »
Late but welcome to the Collective, Bard! Hope you enjoy your stay in here! :D

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2018, 09:58:30 am »
Hey there, welcome of the site! Hope you like it!

Offline Rhombal

• Moo
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2018, 11:04:44 am »
Hey there, welcome of the site! Hope you like it!

Late but welcome to the Collective, Bard! Hope you enjoy your stay in here! :D

Thank you, I do like the site. It's very well done!  :big_smile: I'm just disappointed I missed out on the magazine.