For each time you go to Idle Chatter, Lolo trips over an object.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Something I'd like to see in the next Klonoa game.  (Read 2896 times)

Offline SerialDreams

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • Huepow! Rupuruduu!
Something I'd like to see in the next Klonoa game.
« on: March 14, 2017, 10:17:11 pm »
Difficulty settings:

This is how I imagine it. You have Normal mode to boot, beat normal to unlock hard mode, beat both of them 100 percent and you will unlock Dream Traveler mode. You're limited to 3 lives and 3 hit points, checkpoint clocks and hearts are far more rare, the game is faster, and bosses are more unpredictable.
"Wahii, rupurudu!" = "Okay, let's go!"

Offline Mobotropolis

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
Re: Something I'd like to see in the next Klonoa game.
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2017, 07:17:38 am »
That still sounds a bit too easy.

Expert Mode:

One Life (if you die you start over)
No Saving (must do one stage after another)
Normal Health (but half the amount of heart containers)
Speed x1.5 (you have less time to think and do timed sections)

The places with an extra life before now have a medal.
Collecting it and completing the stage unlocks something.

Beat it and you get a trophy on systems that support it, plus an outfit for systems that don't.

Offline Derpy Hooves

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: -53
  • Just a lurker
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2017, 08:52:30 am »
Custom Mode

Choose Max Health, Speed, Wind bullet range and speed, and Dream stone amount

This is kinda like 007 mode from 007 Goldeneye

And if you beat the game in Normal, Dream Traveler, and Expert (Hero Mode might be a better name) you unlock the hardest stage in Klonoa history.
Guess what... You're a Cutie

Offline Chocolat

• Magical Grill
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 8
  • My style is rich, dope, phat in which
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2017, 12:39:43 pm »
New World with another mind related theme (Maybe 2 larger reigons based on the left and right sides of the brain? Who knows.)

New gameplay mechanic (possibly add combat, like give him the sword from heroes and add enemies that can't be inflated, this would be much harder to pull off than another puzzle mechanic though)

Explaining some of the hints that were left in Klonoa 2

That is all i want really
Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her, you are not alone.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2017, 04:02:28 pm »
I would love difficulty settings. I want it in the form of much smarter quicker reacting AI.
Or "gets shot" lets have the potential for eclipses like 5-2 from Klonoa DtP in any vision. Though random and not too long lasting.

Offline Matiri

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
  • Dealing with life one step at a time.
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2017, 11:22:03 pm »
  Guntz should be made into an optional playable character after beating the extra vision. His game play should be that of a 2D shooter, as such he would probably need enemies that can take a little more punishment, perhaps some unique enemies, bosses and stages.
  Collecting 150 dream stones in any level unlocks that level's hard mode, in which your given 3 hit points rather than the standard 6, Klonoa's wind bullet has VERY little range, all enemies actively try to attack you, and Guntz is given limited ammo that can only be recovered by breaking checkpoint clocks. Beating them slowly but surely unlocks concept art and promotional images and such for this and some from the previous games; getting 150 dream stones on the hard modes does the same thing. Beating all of them for one of them unlocks alternate costumes for that character; getting 150 dream stones does the same thing. Fully completing all hard modes for one character unlocks a final vision for that character each with there own super boss, getting 150 dream stones on that gives you ULTIMATE BRAGGING RIGHTS.
  Beating that unlocks a "music box" from which you may listen to each of the games tunes. As well as allowing you to customize difficulty: hit points can be changed to be anywhere from 1 to 10, you can change the range on Klonoa's wind bullet from being barely past the ring to "Klonoa Wii range" and changing Guntz's settings regarding ammo ranging from unlimited to no ammo recovery(which would require him to have a secondary means of attack so that your not totally screwed for bosses). These settings are available from the start on any subsequent playthroughs.
  And finally the wind ring should be given more utility, bringing back the sword is nice but I was thinking also allowing it to pull and push objects from a distance as well as being used like a grappling hook.

*whew* Got all that out of my system.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 11:28:57 pm by Matiri »

Offline Randomizer

• Villain in Training
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 33
  • The Regular Army is no more
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2017, 07:53:46 pm »
More Moos :hey:

Nuff said :bad_straight_face:

Offline Mobotropolis

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 07:18:22 am »
Guntz should be made into an optional playable character after beating the extra vision.

Also had an idea about making Guntz a playable character in 2D Games -- which would also be a Hard Mode.

Like your idea he would have limited ammo ... but the ammo is  the Moos throughout the stage. When you kill a Moo with your gun you get a " shot " which can stack and be used for any number of actions. The drawback is that when Guntz kills a Moo it does not respawn, so you have a limited number of shots on any stage.

Getting through stages would have to be a combination of precision and knowing which gun/shot to use in most situations because you can't afford to make mistakes.

Offline Fennekin

• Fennekin Lover
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 10
  • Please sit, and let's talk for a while.
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2017, 07:50:58 am »
You know what?
Multiplayer.
MULTIPLAYER KLONOA.

Offline SerialDreams

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • Huepow! Rupuruduu!
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2017, 04:06:47 am »
Part I forgot to mention, levels change and generate based on how you play. On top of that, there are "glory" or "challenge" paths you can take in each level which are very, very hard. Beating one such path unlocks extra stages and cut scenes.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 04:09:17 am by KlonoaFan21 »
"Wahii, rupurudu!" = "Okay, let's go!"