It is said that Dae is raising a Floof Army. Beware.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: The origins of your username  (Read 7593 times)

Offline Balneor

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 11
The origins of your username
« on: August 04, 2017, 07:53:51 am »
This is a follow-up of the same topic that started it-all, which is more than 3 years old. You can find it here : https://forums.untamedheart.us/?topic=347.10

By that time, UH forums certaintly went through a lot of changes. One is by the community itself, which through time evolved. Some of the common lines are : Some users decided to leave for reasons, whereas new ones came and sticked along, perhaps even still as of today.
This topic is aimed at this current era.

Of course, if you already posted your explanations in the original topic, you don't need to do it again (Unless it has considerably changed since then). This also implies you should all read this one first.

I'll begin, of course. You don't have much of a choice anyways :big_smile:

So it might be said first that "Balneor" doesn't mean anything, nor reference anything in particular.
There is one thing, it rightfully is : utter nonsense.

But I'm proud of it anyways, because it is only composed of 7 letters, does not look like gibberish, and is pronounced quite easily. In my other word, original, and because of that I use it quite a lot.

This username came up to me (I brain-stormed it) when I was playing Rusty Heart, a underground MMORPG back in 2011. Loved every single seconds of it, and if it wasn't closed due to unpopularity I'd play it again at any time.

Here we go, you now know as much as you need about my username :D
Becomes silent, and awaits another person's response, like when telling spooky stories around a campfire, inside a forest at nighttime

Offline soupfistDEV

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 8
  • Soupify!
Re: The origins of your username
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 11:18:59 am »
The origins of my username aren't really that interesting really.... :(

The name "soupfist" was my dad's online name for a long time. So I basically stole borrowed the name because I thought it was cool, and it's been my online alias ever since.

End of story.

Offline Questklonoa

• Hero
  • Dreamer Rating: 16
  • Tiger-kun
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 12:29:09 am »
Sit down, and grab some popcorn and cooked moos, this is probably going to be a long one :bad_straight_face:

I made the "quest" line of names, when I first played Roblox, when I was about 8 or something. Because I played plenty of Smash Bros back then, I went to use names from the characters from the game, like Fox, Marth, and Meta Knight at one point. The example shows how it's done: "Questfox", "Questmarth", and so on.

Later on, I realized that I don't need to use characters' names from Smash Bros, and instead went for other names. I then used the name of one of my favorite Pokemon back then, Riolu, which the name is "Questriolu", which stuck for over 7 years.

Until I got into Klonoa, I went to change the name to "Questklonoa", which stuck to this day. However, I did make a shorter version of the name, WITHOUT the character's name on there, to be a bit more original with my usernames, "Questy". Without the need to switch between "Questklonoa" and "Questriolu", it's a name that I would most likely use, originally as a name for my character, which I didn't use it as a permanent name for my character.

And that's how it went. Now I feel ashamed that I did that for 7 years :embarassed:

Offline SerialDreams

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • Huepow! Rupuruduu!
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 03:54:44 am »
Not much explanation is needed for my username, though I'll still provide the history (that I can remember atm  :sad_face: )

So here goes nothing:

The first time I can remember using the name KlonoaFan21 was circa 2009-2011, when I had two Newgrounds accounts for some odd reason. The first was "ReaperDoomguy" (one can only imagine what that's a reference to). The second being, of course, KlonoaFan21. Both accounts still have an awesome fanart of Klonoa and Guntz\Gantz that I stumbled upon (and that I've since lost and haven't found). The name can be traced as far back in my mind as early 2006 to late 2007 when I believe I used it as a password for something.

Aside from that, the message of the name is perfectly straight forward. I'm a huge fan of Klonoa. The 21 added to the end was the product of a force of habit to add numbers to the end of almost all of my names\passwords.
"Wahii, rupurudu!" = "Okay, let's go!"

Offline Roi

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 3
  • guilty gear time babeyyyyyyy
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 06:32:02 am »
Hoo boy. This one's is probably going to be weird.

I had a lot of changes for my username when it was created. I went with "Sir Diabeetus" on Steam at around 2014. Why? Well, I wanted to come up with a silly username for once, and I thought that most of my irl friends would lose their sides because of an username/ Yeah...my friends and I found it pretty ridiculous. I kept it for a while until I changed it to "Chevailer de Diabeetus" on Discord. That didn't one didn't last as long, as I kept for 1-3 months.

Aside from that, I went with "Roi de Diabeetus" as my current username. Yes, it translates to "King of Diabeetus." I didn't bother going with the English version because I felt it was less fitting for me. It's also more hilarious when someone can translate it and he/she says it out loud. I've shorten it to Roi in some sites (like this one) due to laziness.

So that's how it went. Now you know my farcial history behind my username.

Offline Rupurudu!

• Breezegale Resident
  • Dreamer Rating: 37
    • Klonoa.org
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 07:03:50 am »
My username means "Let's go!" in Phantomille. And that's it. I throught it was cool when I joined here almost 4 years ago. It's kinda stuck now. :)

Offline Thorp

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 11:23:19 am »
my username was created back in my World of Warcraft days. The name was for a Tauren shapeshifter who on the random chance of roleplaying was always second guessing himself on which shapeshift form he needed/wanted as well as mistaking which form he was currently in when people asked. Also there were those handful of instances that people in raid voice chat knew it's meaning and would play off my lighthearted sarcastic comments.

As for using the name elsewhere I found it a bit humorous to provide answers, hints, tips, ect. on video game forums with the ironic name. I haven't used the name in a long time...this website is probably the last time I used it and it was just to keep the name from the original forums during the url move.

I've been thinking about generating a different name for some time but I'm sure everyone can relate...making a name takes longer than generating a custom character's facial features.

Offline GuyWithThePie

• Meowth That's Right!
  • Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 05:55:55 pm »
Way back in 2010/2011 when I first started playing Minecraft, I decided that I needed an interesting username, maybe one that rhymed. I went with "GuywithPie3376", the numbers being a reference to my ROBLOX username, "Robloxrocks3376".

It eventually evolved into "GuyWithThePie" sometime around 2013 when I changed my YouTube username, and I've stuck with the same username since.

In sites where the username is already taken, I usually just substitute it for "GuyWithAPie" or "GuyWithPie". In extreme cases where all three are taken, I go with something like "TheGuyWithAPie", which is my Steam username.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 06:03:53 pm by GuyWithThePie »

Offline Derpy Hooves

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: -53
  • Just a lurker
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2017, 07:44:50 pm »
i use tro be a super fan of tails and i like dark colors
Guess what... You're a Cutie

Offline FireBird-

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2017, 08:10:10 pm »
I wanted a cool sounding name to play online games back in 2009. Before that I went by Zora, the Zelda race, but that isn't original at all. I was very much into birds at the time (and still am to a lesser degree) and fire is my favourite element. The dash in the end is more of a distinguishing mark, and it helps when "FireBird" is already taken. Nothing more, nothing less.  :)