We're partners with the Klonoa for Smash Bros. Facebook page! Be sure to give them a visit!

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Weird childhood stories  (Read 2428 times)

Offline Braixen

• Attends nightly prank call meetings
  • Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 24
  • Wario
Weird childhood stories
« on: August 30, 2015, 11:31:13 am »
So, This is a thread where you put weird things from your childhood I think.

Offline CalmSerenity

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 52
Re: Weird childhood stories
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 11:45:09 am »
My mom once told me that if I swallowed watermelon seeds, a watermelon would grow out of my head.

Offline Voka~Daemyn

• Old Tree
  • Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 70
  • Squiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrle
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2015, 11:47:20 am »
When I was a 4 I set a phonebook on fire for fun and I was curous. I also later on put a blanket over a heater and set the trailer on fire.
I had a fascination with sticking my hand in wall sockets I liked electricity. I messed with every TV's menu I could find. lesse. hmm
I spray painted the inside of my dads car's windows black once.

I remember takeing an old black an white TV when i was 4 or 5 and setting it upside down. I tried to watch it that way. I used to drive this little tractor toy around in circles for long periods of times I also did what with a kids size atv when I was about 7. I had a thing about going in circles idk why.

I broke most toys I had usually I'd get bored and then viciously rip them apart to see what is inside and see how much they could sustain. I played with batteries a lot  trying to rig then various ways blowing up many light bulbs and burning out lots of motors with to much voltage.

From at lest 7 years old onwards I'd always see things moving or falling / other on rare occasion that was never physically there. I still get that sometimes. I get the same for sounds too. Me and my cousin once hid away a year+'s over food left overs in a drawer that was eventually found one day eheh. we also used to mix various chemicals from stolen cleaner things and such and put it in a spray bottle. we shot a bumble bee with that concoction. It probably died we never heard it buzzing anymore.

I had an obsession with watching natural disasters when young I was so obsessed back in kindergarten and 1st grade that I would draw many pictures of it.

I was an only child aside from seeing my cousin a few times so obviously I got very bored pretty often. I used to melt set fire too and burn some of my toys as well with large lenses and magnifying glasses.

That's all the odd stuff I can remember from my childhood for now. Oh yeah I used to sleep walk some when I was young too but a lot of people do that maybe.

Offline Akagitsune Yukimura

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 7
  • Senpai will never notice you :)
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2015, 12:17:00 pm »
When I was around 5, my mom tried to teach me about safety so she bought me some video tapes about safety for kids starring this puppet thing named Seymour the Safety Seal (and it was as lame as it sounds). One of the tapes was meant to teach kids about fire safety and when to call 911 (or 999 in the UK), they said, and I quote, to dial 911 if there's "a fire or accident," and being the little 5 year old that I was, accident meant things other than physical injuries or fires. So, when my parents were out and my sister was watching me I called 911 (I don't remember why with all honesty) and immediately hung up for some reason. Later the police came to my house and my sister had to explain to them that I was 5 and too stupid to know what 911 was, and they let me off the hook.

I should find those old videos, they were hilariously awful.  :big_smile:

Offline Artsy

• Hero in Training
  • Dreamer Rating: 18
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 02:35:56 pm »
My family got golden retrievers when I was 5 and my sister was 3 (or four, depending on what time of the year it was, she's only a year and a half younger than me) and these dogs were big enough for us two tiny children to balance on their backs (this probably wasn't good for their backs, so I would never suggest this, but at the time we didn't know) so obviously the first thing to try was jousting with them.

Yes. Jousting with them.

We grabbed some twigs, led the dogs to opposite corners of our backyard deck, got on their backs, and tossed a dog treat in between the two groups. Needless to say we failed miserably and fell off their backs before we could even make it to the middle  :sad_face:

Offline Asphoxia

• Wind
  • Dreamer Rating: 2
  • You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2015, 05:37:15 pm »
One time, my friend's brothers roped me and her into playing "fruits vs. vegetables" with them. The story was that we were fruits and the vegetables wanted to turn us into jelly. At first, we were playing outside and were fruit soldiers, but we got caught in the jelly maker and had to escape. (This translated into trying to get off a sled before it fell off the retaining wall, because it was winter, there was snow on the hill, and we figured that the space under the retaining wall would've held a giant vat of jelly.) Then, when we got cold and went inside, we pretended to be fruit students, but there was a teacher that was a "blueberry the size of an eggplant" (read: eggplant disguised as a blueberry) that took us on a field trip that was actually a trap so we had to save ourselves.

Another time we made a magic show faux Rube Goldberg machine called a "people machine" that basically relied on people hiding behind a corner of a mini-room under the stairs, and a lot of hand motions and fake "ingredients".