Don't trust flying fish. Especially Karal.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: Klonoa Lisa Sprite  (Read 1280 times)

Offline Alexis The Dreamful

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
  • Fangame Developer, Artist and Lunatic
Klonoa Lisa Sprite
« on: September 07, 2021, 11:11:44 pm »
 :hey: Howdy-doo-dee Klonoa Nuts, I bring an offering to the Klonoa Day Special  ;D
I bring a sprite of Klonoa in the style of the indie game "LISA" along side a really dumb """edit""" of a sprite from the game with the double outline cause I was bored and thought it was funny.  :embarassed:

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
Re: Klonoa Lisa Sprite
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2021, 01:24:19 am »
Never heard of Lisa, what's that about?

Offline Alexis The Dreamful

• Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 0
  • Fangame Developer, Artist and Lunatic
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 11:48:58 am »
Well, it's a little big much to go into  :sad_face: since it's a little heavy subject matter wise?
But for short it's about a man finding his adopted daughter in a waste-land where women have disappeared from the earth entirely.
I'm actually developing a fangame based on it. :angry2:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 11:53:59 am by Alexis The Dreamful, Reason: haha hehe hoho »

Offline SerialDreams

• Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 12
  • Huepow! Rupuruduu!
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 02:10:59 am »

LISA, full title "Lisa the Painful" is a 2D role-playing game developed on the RPGVX-Ace engine and later (I think) rebuilt on RPGMV. The game mainly follows the character of Bradley Armstrong after an event known as "The Flash" happened where all of the world's women disappeared. Brad, during this post-apocalyptic world, happens upon a newborn girl whom he decides to adopt and names "Buddy". One day, Brad comes back home to find his friends all dead or dying and Buddy is no where to be seen. So he embarks on a mission to prevent her from being abused and, uh.. you get the idea.

LtP is heavily inspired by Nintendo's EarthBound/Mother 2, except that LtP takes things in a distinctly M-Rated direction.

(This one is a little more spoilerish, so fair warning)
The name "Lisa", comes from Brad's late sister, Lisa Armstrong, whom hung herself because she was no longer able to tolerate the abuse both she and Brad had suffered at the hands of their father.

I won't say anything more, but just know that the game is phenomenal and it's rather unfortunate that it was completely eclipsed by Undertale (which came out not too long after).
"Wahii, rupurudu!" = "Okay, let's go!"