All of our moderators have cybernetic implants. They watch over you as you sleep.

Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective Untamed Heart Klonoa Collective

Author Topic: WayForward, or Dotemu? What indie dev could potentially work on a new game?  (Read 1228 times)

Offline Graystripe2000

• Global Moderator
  • Dreamer Rating: 29
So, if an indie developer were to do a Klonoa game, who would do it? There are only two I can think of out of the top of my head that I feel would be a good fit: Dotemu and WayForward. Dotemu thanks to their retro revivals like Streets of Rage 4 and the upcoming Windjammers 2. WayForward because of their experience with platformers as well as the fact that there are several members of its staff that are fans of the series (including a Shantae series creator Matt Bozon. There was even a prototype version of Shantae that had similarities to Klonoa).
Discord: Graystripe2000 #6860.

Offline HylianBran

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
  • Glover vs Klonoa Beach Volleyball: Dawn of Racism
Re: WayForward, or Dotemu? What indie dev could potentially work on a new game?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2021, 02:35:03 am »
Neither. I don't want any more Klonoa games.
Backloggd: https://www.backloggd.com/u/HylianBran/

crazy crazy graveyard theory
ghost tried to approach me
got leery

Offline Randomizer

• Villain in Training
  • Star Member
  • Dreamer Rating: 33
  • The Regular Army is no more
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2021, 05:26:09 am »
Hmmm :unsure:

I would go for Dotemu because of their successful revivals of my favorite classics like Streets of Rage and Metal Slug :hey:

They could go for a spinoff game for Klonoa though just not any kind of sports game like that beach volleyball :embarassed:

Offline HylianBran

• Heart Moo
  • Dreamer Rating: 4
  • Glover vs Klonoa Beach Volleyball: Dawn of Racism
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2021, 01:11:24 pm »
Hmmm :unsure:

I would go for Dotemu because of their successful revivals of my favorite classics like Streets of Rage and Metal Slug :hey:

They could go for a spinoff game for Klonoa though just not any kind of sports game like that beach volleyball :embarassed:
Are you broken? Klonoa Beach Volleyball is the defining game of the entire series. How could you possibly throw the idea of a sequel under the rug? :angry:
Backloggd: https://www.backloggd.com/u/HylianBran/

crazy crazy graveyard theory
ghost tried to approach me
got leery

Offline the_darai

• Shadow Lurker
  • King of Sorrow
  • Dreamer Rating: 69
    • Den of Darai
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2021, 01:23:07 am »
I'd love for WayForward to try their hand at it. They know about passion projects, that's for sure, and given how much of a passion project Shantae was, I feel like they'd do Klonoa pretty well.